Commander
I had it 3 times yesterday (out of 3 trys) that when i was beaming down to New Romulus, the game crashed during loading. I started the game again and found myself on New Romulus and could continue. Else than that, my STO runs very stable.
What ? Calaway.
Commander
# 2
11-15-2012, 04:29 AM
I have been getting this too, glad to know im not alone.
Ensign
# 3
11-16-2012, 09:30 PM
this is happening to me to. i can't play one of my characters cause he is on romulus and as soon as the map loads the game crashes. it had worked fine earlier, i exit the game for a couple hours and come back and this mess starts.
Captain
# 4
11-21-2012, 06:17 AM
I have the same problem. 3 times so far in the exact same way as mentioned above.
Lieutenant
# 5
02-17-2013, 10:54 AM
seems this still hasn't been fixed.. I have the same issue on one (only 1!!) of my toons... every single time i beam to New Romulus, the game crashes..
Career Officer
# 6
04-21-2013, 12:30 AM
I still have the same issue. Had for the longest time now. Crashing on arriving at New Romulus. Both by beaming down from spaceship, and entering New Romulus from the embassy main door.

Anyone got any news on this?
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
04-21-2013, 12:41 AM
I could be totally wrong on this, but it almost sounds like your dynamic update isn't patching a file/files properly and that's what is causing the crash. Have any of you tried to verify your game files and/or tried to disable the dynamic updates to see if that solves it?
Career Officer
# 8
04-21-2013, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
I could be totally wrong on this, but it almost sounds like your dynamic update isn't patching a file/files properly and that's what is causing the crash. Have any of you tried to verify your game files and/or tried to disable the dynamic updates to see if that solves it?
Yes. many times.
Tried to turn down all knobs regarding graphics. Not improving. Still get that odd crash not only during New Romulus-load, but also at random moments during spacebattles (all of them) -haven't experienced it during groundbattles/exploring though ???
Career Officer
# 9
04-21-2013, 05:47 AM
It happened again. While landing at Drozana spacestation.
cannot remember that happened to me before.
This time I wrote down the message the CTD-Fatal Error popup-box gave me.

Quote of the info I sent Cryptic;

"I experience random crashes. Star trek Online crashes to desktop (CTD).
messagebox appears.
Title: Fatal Error
Message: Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (E_FAIL) while while creating a render target texture.
Technical Details: E_FAIL while creating 2D render target texture size 3072 x 2048 (RTEX_NVIDIA_INTZ).

I have tried to force verify files, and unchecked update on demand. No change.
My computer is as follows: Alienware m17x-R4 w/AMD Radeon HD7970M. Win7x64
Drivers are up to date, running no funky programs in the background.
This error happens always when loading to New Romulus from spaceship, and embassy, but also in spacefights, and now, when trying to load to interior of Drozana spacestation."

maybe someone else gets the same message?
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
04-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
It happened again. While landing at Drozana spacestation.
cannot remember that happened to me before.
This time I wrote down the message the CTD-Fatal Error popup-box gave me.

Quote of the info I sent Cryptic;

"I experience random crashes. Star trek Online crashes to desktop (CTD).
messagebox appears.
Title: Fatal Error
Message: Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (E_FAIL) while while creating a render target texture.
Technical Details: E_FAIL while creating 2D render target texture size 3072 x 2048 (RTEX_NVIDIA_INTZ).

I have tried to force verify files, and unchecked update on demand. No change.
My computer is as follows: Alienware m17x-R4 w/AMD Radeon HD7970M. Win7x64
Drivers are up to date, running no funky programs in the background.
This error happens always when loading to New Romulus from spaceship, and embassy, but also in spacefights, and now, when trying to load to interior of Drozana spacestation."

maybe someone else gets the same message?
Okay the smartass in me wants to scream THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR GETTING A DELL DUMBASS!!! lol (dell owns Alienware incase you didn't know). Now that I got that out of my system, from the texture size it sounds like one of two things. 1) the main skybox texture itself or it's that damned nebule background texture (you know the one that flickers along the edges sometimes.)

In your STO graphics settings are you set for dx9 dx9/dx11 or full dx11? Try changing those settings and see what happens, it might render it properly with a different setting.