Commander
Hello ladies and gents,
I was wondering if you guys could give me some opinions on a good PILOTABLE small craft from the C-store. I know there's not a whole lot of small craft missions, but I'm hoping Cryptic will add more as time goes by. I also have purchased all ships that I expect to really want for the foreseeable future, so looking for something else useful to buy.

Anyway, I already own the Delta Flyer. It's pretty good, but I wonder if I could do better. Is the Yellowstone Runabout or the Peregrine Fighter any good? The Peregrine looks pretty cool, and I could use dual heavy Romulan plasma!!!
What are your thoughts?
Thanks!

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Captain
# 2
04-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
Anyway, I already own the Delta Flyer. It's pretty good, but I wonder if I could do better. Is the Yellowstone Runabout or the Peregrine Fighter any good?
If you've already got the Delta Flyer, you're not going to find the other ones noticeably better.
Republic Veteran
# 3
04-20-2013, 04:24 AM
As someone who bought a Peregrine instead of a Delta, I can tell you the cannons aren't worth it. Not to my mind. On a small craft the 360 degree firing arc is way more useful than the ability to throw DHCs on. More often than not I ended up replacing my Peregrine's cannons with turrets.
Captain
# 4
04-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msk5 View Post
As someone who bought a Peregrine instead of a Delta, I can tell you the cannons aren't worth it. Not to my mind. On a small craft the 360 degree firing arc is way more useful than the ability to throw DHCs on. More often than not I ended up replacing my Peregrine's cannons with turrets.
DHCs are terrible on a Peregrine.

I loaded mine up with Quad Cannons and a Phaser Turret, and I don't regret it one bit. Regular dual cannons will work too, but DHCs are terrible because of their slow firing cycle.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
If you've already got the Delta Flyer, you're not going to find the other ones noticeably better.
This is sadly the truth. There is no better small craft, with the exception of those you might obtain from the lob store.

The thing about sto is that abilities matter more then anything else. The right combination of abilities on a ship is more important then where your captain put his sklll points and more important then the rarity of your gear.

Small craft generaly have two abilities not counting those you might get as set bonusess or from equipables. A built in ability and one boff ability.

The built in abilities all have longer cool downs then the fully upgraded boff equivilent. The delta flyer dosnt get a built in ability, insted it gets a 2nd boff slot. So in addition to better flexability you get to use your abilities more often.
Career Officer
# 6
04-21-2013, 10:31 AM
I use single cannons in my Peregrine, but I would say a Delta Flyer with its full second boff slot is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Commander
# 7
04-21-2013, 11:15 AM
the Timeship Shuttles are up there with the Flyer and i like my fighters too just give em DC's or a single and watch em chew stuff up.