Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 137
# 21
04-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Eh, I dunno dude. These aren't 20k hull raptors. We're talking about full blown escorts and cruisers with battle cloak. They're going to be pretty damn strong in PvP.

Not that I object, I'm ok with the Romulans getting battle cloaks. I didn't fly BoPs anyway. I just think you might be underestimating what a battle cloak on a full fledged escort will be capable of. Both the Mogai and T'varo look to be amazingly good PvP ships, and that's even before seeing what their fleet variants look like.
That would only be important if PVP mattered in STO. Thankfully it doesn't
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 231
# 22
04-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolusdallas View Post
That would only be important if PVP mattered in STO. Thankfully it doesn't

It will matter when the pvp gets revamped after the expansion goes live. Cryptic wants to make pvp a better and bigger part of the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,273
# 23
04-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1romulan View Post
The scimitar should have a super enhanced battle cloak - it could fire disruptors and torps while cloaked AND also had shields!! while cloaked!

It was essentially unbeatable - only reason Picard stopped it was because they decided to park in front of the crippled Sov so they could ram her.

I same game balance be damed!! make her able to mop the floor with 2 Mogai and a Sov at the same time.
There could also be a self applied, random proc where your character drops defenses (massive defense penalties) against a vulnerable foe to gloat.

That's Star Trek canon, too.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 24
04-21-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't have a problem with Romulans getting a "Battle Cloak." It's canon. I do have a problem with almost every other ship not having a canon cloaking device. Every ship using a cloaking device should at least have a canon version. This other thing they call a cloaking device is a joke.

The other problem I have is all of the newer ships they add with universal stations, cloaks, etc are giving up nothing in the way of shield and hulls stats like the KDF ships still do for having those amenities.
All cloaks should be canon.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 25
04-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
The other problem I have is all of the newer ships they add with universal stations, cloaks, etc are giving up nothing in the way of shield and hulls stats like the KDF ships still do for having those amenities.
Yeah that is why I asked for a small buff to hull for the BOP line as I think it's only fair. If they don't I can see the BOP line for the KDF becoming pretty useless and unused with her turn-rate being the only positive advantage and that means little when a Warbird with a Battlecloak has vastly superior hull with the same cloak you're running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,750
# 26
04-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
After thinking about it, I feel that you're right.

I really probably shouldn't have allowed my old feelings about playing on the KDF-side, so my emotions got the hold of me for that. It's just happened SO much over time I've simply gotten tired of it is all.

For my remarks though, I do apologize. I'll try and not be so quick to judge, as it were, about something that might not even happen.
I think what's really interesting about it all is that somehow a lot of the KDF players have anger issues towards the feds..... feds that are in no way responsible for Cryptic letting the KDF stagnate. Its almost like they're angry and mad at players for NOT wanting to play KDF more, even with better consoles, better doffing, and better cruisers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,750
# 27
04-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolusdallas View Post
That would only be important if PVP mattered in STO. Thankfully it doesn't
While I would not dismiss the upcoming final nail in PvP as FvF finally dies due to too many rogues.. er, cloaking ships I think cloaking (whether battlecloak or the more mundane variety) are a double edged sword in PvE. Every second a ship is cloaked its not doing anything usefull for its group and is the same as if it was dead waiting to respawn. Will we get to a point where people will just say "ahhh man, we got a cloaker... lets hope they don't spend half the STF/FA/etc. cloaked"? Lets hope people cloak responsibly and not suxxors with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,766
# 28
04-21-2013, 07:57 PM
Im all for a buff to BoPs to give back what they lost in the name of balance because of battle cloaks and Uslots.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 29
04-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
While I would not dismiss the upcoming final nail in PvP as FvF finally dies due to too many rogues.. er, cloaking ships I think cloaking (whether battlecloak or the more mundane variety) are a double edged sword in PvE. Every second a ship is cloaked its not doing anything usefull for its group and is the same as if it was dead waiting to respawn. Will we get to a point where people will just say "ahhh man, we got a cloaker... lets hope they don't spend half the STF/FA/etc. cloaked"? Lets hope people cloak responsibly and not suxxors with it!
I only use the cloak for the boost in damage and only do it before and after an engagement. People who stay cloaked all the time are a deal pain. I've had a few Galaxy Dreadnought's doing it in an STF once.

Funny thing is even though I play the KDF the most I mainly use the non-cloaking ships like the Guramba.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 181
# 30
04-21-2013, 09:23 PM
From what I've seen of the Romulan BCs on Tribble, this isn't too concerning. All Warbirds seem to have less power due to the singularity cores (every warbird I flew had 50/40/45/40 even when set to run 50 across the board). Even besides that the only real edge that battle-cloaking, say, a Mogai would have over just flying a Starfleet escort or destroyer would be is a small damage boost when you you drop in and yell "surprise!" and the potential to be suicidal and drop your shields in combat to try and make a quick getaway.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:28 PM.