Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 134
# 161
04-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danturner View Post
No, it IS the basic format. it's presented as a PvE mission with PvP awkwardly bolted on. To repeat myself, PvP doesn't mix with PvE at all (and as someone pointed out, in all other story instances the Feds and Klingons TEAM UP against the Borg).

This unbalanced, infuriating mess needs to go. If I want PvP, I'll hit a PvP queue. Though like Call of Duty, there's no incentive on God's Earth why I'd put myself through that.
And there you have it folks. Dan Turner, join date March, feels that PVP should be deleted from Kerrat because he hasn't put in the work to be good at PVP, and can't cut it there. Nevermind the months if not years of work you've all put in perfecting your PVP builds to play in the tiny room provided by Cryptic for all of STO's PVPers, it all gets deleted, because we got in the way of someone's PVE progress! Shame on you, PVPers! Don't you know how traumatic being shot with phasers is for some people?

I wish I could convert my character to mirror federation and attack everyone. Klinks for the challenge, but Feds because of mewling like this.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,758
# 162
04-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istvaanshogaatsu View Post
I wish I could convert my character to mirror federation and attack everyone. Klinks for the challenge, but Feds because of mewling like this.
eh, if cryptic had done the romulans as a full faction instead of a subfaction, you WOULD be able to attack both feds and kdf
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,035
# 163
04-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istvaanshogaatsu View Post
And there you have it folks. Dan Turner, join date March, feels that PVP should be deleted from Kerrat because he hasn't put in the work to be good at PVP, and can't cut it there. Nevermind the months if not years of work you've all put in perfecting your PVP builds to play in the tiny room provided by Cryptic for all of STO's PVPers, it all gets deleted, because we got in the way of someone's PVE progress! Shame on you, PVPers! Don't you know how traumatic being shot with phasers is for some people?

I wish I could convert my character to mirror federation and attack everyone. Klinks for the challenge, but Feds because of mewling like this.
You know a mirror Terran empire PvP only faction might be fun!
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 758
# 164
04-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Ker'rat is fine as it is, yep I'm a fed who enjoys battle. I don't even go after the Borg, I go Klingon hunting. I don't see what the problem is, Klingon players are opportunist, they will go after vulnerable target ie farmers.

To fight Klingons at Ker'rat, think like a Klingon.


Mirror NX, you know you want it
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
# 165
04-22-2013, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istvaanshogaatsu View Post
And there you have it folks. Dan Turner, join date March, feels that PVP should be deleted from Kerrat because he hasn't put in the work to be good at PVP, and can't cut it there. Nevermind the months if not years of work you've all put in perfecting your PVP builds to play in the tiny room provided by Cryptic for all of STO's PVPers, it all gets deleted, because we got in the way of someone's PVE progress! Shame on you, PVPers! Don't you know how traumatic being shot with phasers is for some people?

I wish I could convert my character to mirror federation and attack everyone. Klinks for the challenge, but Feds because of mewling like this.
And there you have it: another stupid Call of Duty griefer who doesn't have the intelligence to comprehend that PvE and PvP

DO

NOT

MIX.

Kerrat is presented as a PvE mission. It has objectives and the Borg AI as an enemy. It has no business mixing in PvP.

Too bad you can't seem to comprehend this. Maybe if all the Fed players started reporting the Klingon players for "harrassment" Cyrptic would take notice that this is broken...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 166
04-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danturner View Post
Except its not played like that. Feds complete and farm resources while klingons cloak and kill players who are set up to optimally fight Borg AI.



No, fed players are well aware of that. Roughly...5 seconds after killing a Borg repair hulk. So don't be patronizing.

You can say the design is "fine" all you want. You're ignoring the detail that PvE and PvP are very different designs, and throwing them together in such a cackhanded way is genuinely irritating a LOT of players. If we want PvP we'd join a queue, NOT a mission presented as PvE.
Lol hardly. Many of us KDF older PvPers go into Kerrat to help those newer KDF attempt to complete the mission against much larger numbers of deds doing the same. If you died alot in that scenario then tough, Kerrat is a PvPE zone and Im there to help.my faction win it. Not redesign my gameplay because of your sensitivity says you shouldnt be attacked in a PVP zone.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,035
# 167
04-22-2013, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danturner View Post
And there you have it: another stupid Call of Duty griefer who doesn't have the intelligence to comprehend that PvE and PvP

DO

NOT

MIX.

Kerrat is presented as a PvE mission. It has objectives and the Borg AI as an enemy. It has no business mixing in PvP.

Too bad you can't seem to comprehend this. Maybe if all the Fed players started reporting the Klingon players for "harrassment" Cyrptic would take notice that this is broken...
So you have to resort to ad hominem attack because you fail to argue your point. PvP in this game except for 1 map is completely separate from PvE. This is fact. The devs mixed the 2 to 1) create an incentive for PvP and 2) introduce them to PvP. If players go into Ker'rat not knowing it and find they hate it they can avoid it completely forever. Again it is 1 map out a hundred.

A real PvP server would have others players be able to attack you almost everywhere In sector space. There is no comparison here. As I said without PvP Ker'rat would be a pointless and boring grind. The gear it gives is pretty lame too.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,819
# 168
04-22-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Lol hardly. Many of us KDF older PvPers go into Kerrat to help those newer KDF attempt to complete the mission against much larger numbers of deds doing the same. If you died alot in that scenario then tough, Kerrat is a PvPE zone and Im there to help.my faction win it. Not redesign my gameplay because of your sensitivity says you shouldnt be attacked in a PVP zone.
I suddenly have a desire to spend all my Zen and buy a B'rel after reading this post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Ensign
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
# 169
04-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
So you have to resort to ad hominem attack because you fail to argue your point.
I'm finding it very, very funny that you can't argue against this point:

Quote:
PvE and PvP

DO

NOT

MIX.
They have completely different layout needs. You saying the "devs did this, they did that because" misses that its two incompatible modes cellotaped together. It is broken and needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 137
# 170
04-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danturner View Post
*snip*
Stop, please. You've been told this over and over again: It is not PvE. It is not, it was never meant to be, it is not presented as such. In a game, where the main mover is a WAR between the two factions, a location called "SPACE WARZONE" one should NOT be surprised to have to meet and FIGHT other players there.

I think the best way to phrase Kerrat is this: It's not for you. It's for people who like fighting other players in a non-regulated environment. In a game where 98% of the content is PvE, have ONE open PvP map is kind of amazing, and those of us who like PvP, LOVE Kerrat for it, warts and all.

It is not for you. I'm sorry that the other 98% of the game, which is all PvE, isn't enough for you, but you'll have to settle for it while us few go off and fight each other in Kerrat. Stay away from it and you'll be happier.

Also, Call of Duty? Please, there are better trolls in the world, CoD just has a bunch of 12 year olds issuing racial slurs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 PM.