Captain
# 21
04-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
To be fair, Tasha couldn't possibly know about her future daughter or the fate of Romulus.
Admittedly, True. But it was more a reference to the lack of a convincing sales pitch from the point of view of the Romulans.

Starfleet, Your restoring the Federation and leaving the Captain free to peacefully explore. Win for you.

KDF, We defend the Naranda system, And mantain the glory and Honor that is the Klingon Empire. Win.

Rommies. Not really seeing where this "correct" Timeline is a win. At best, you are asking me to help you defeat a Romulan Fleet. Which if you forget what the real timeline was, you are probably pretty loyal to. If you do remember the old timeline (which is doubtful, admittedly), The sales pitch falls apart pretty quickly.
Rihannsu
# 22
04-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Well, from a Romulan POV, a future with less annoying Tholians is good....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 23
04-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Why skip? I'm planning to wreck Sela and the timeline by telling Tasha Yar to use contraceptives for the next year.
I told her to drink heavily and smoke like a chimney.
Rihannsu
# 24
04-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Some dialogues do need to be changed, but overall I'm happy that the mission included Obisek as the helper.

Still, kind of disappointed that the reward is just the Ambassador/Kamarag. Cryptic could just use the existing K't'inga model with the gray skin that the T'liss is using and call it a D7 Battlecruiser, giving it Kamarag's stats. Not much work while it could be a good way to introduce another Romulan-themed ship.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-22-2013, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Rommies. Not really seeing where this "correct" Timeline is a win. At best, you are asking me to help you defeat a Romulan Fleet. Which if you forget what the real timeline was, you are probably pretty loyal to. If you do remember the old timeline (which is doubtful, admittedly), The sales pitch falls apart pretty quickly.
If you don't remember the old timeline (which seems to be implied - you find your boffs familiar, but you don't really remember them), avoiding the Romulans being conquered by the Dominion would seem a pretty good sales pitch.
The 'Tasha somehow thinks you are a Starfleet officer' thing is rather odd, of course (and why was my freighter the RRW Tovanal? When I did the mission on Holodeck with my Fed and Klingon characters, the prefix was removed, if I recall correctly).
Rihannsu
# 26
04-22-2013, 03:39 AM
I think it would be interesting if the Romulans got a D7 to use (with its own skin/colour scheme)

The romulans used d7's due to the alliance with the Klingons, where the klingons got access to their cloak and the roms got some ships.

This would save having to invent a new ship, and it actually fits as its a time travel mission going back and legitimately gets the roms one of their ships they used (if not by their own original design).

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 27
04-22-2013, 05:53 AM
At that point you can get the D7 normally if you are Rom/KDF, so it wouldn't make sense. It would be nice to eventually get a warbird in there as a reward.

BTW, KDF ships seem to want to transwarp back to Quonos instead of Tau Dewa, even if you are Romulan.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 28
04-22-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
At that point you can get the D7 normally if you are Rom/KDF, so it wouldn't make sense. It would be nice to eventually get a warbird in there as a reward.

BTW, KDF ships seem to want to transwarp back to Quonos instead of Tau Dewa, even if you are Romulan.
Id like to see the phoenix prototype warbird be a ship in the temp ambassador rewards.

It was a rom ship twice the size of a constitution class as fast as a D-7 (which for its time was a fast ship) and heavily armed.

I remember this ship from playing the old startrek starfleet academy game years ago and and tried to find pics of this ship but nothing came of it but a small write up bout it.

But this would be a perfect ship for temp ambassador its old enough but good enough to be included...and its canon
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
04-22-2013, 09:26 AM
This whole mission is out of Context.
For one am a Romulan in the service of Republic Navy and not starfleet. Just because we are Affiliated with a faction doesn't mean that we should be getting their tech. Romulan is a major faction not some minor faction like Bajoran who need starfleet to do everything for them.
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Captain
# 30
04-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alikain View Post
This whole mission is out of Context.
For one am a Romulan in the service of Republic Navy and not starfleet. Just because we are Affiliated with a faction doesn't mean that we should be getting their tech. Romulan is a major faction not some minor faction like Bajoran who need starfleet to do everything for them.
GASP!!!

How dare you say that bajorans need starfleet for everything

1 ) They have their own ships.....oh yeah i forgot they fly starfleet ships

2) They have replicator tecchnolo.....no thats starfleet to?

3) Well they can travel through their wormhol....oh yeah they need starfleet shuttles for that also

4) They run their very own cardassian built space station.....wait doesnt starfleet run DS9? DOH!!!

5) OK OK they can wipe their own.......im not going to finish that sentence because im certain starfleet does that for them aswell

Ok your point has been validated bajorans are a bunch of needy space hippies

P.S. Its their noses that they cant even wipe what did you think i meant