Empire Veteran
# 11
04-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptshephard View Post
Epohhs.

*patooie*
Epohhs - and a thalaron device for them.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Republic Veteran
# 12
04-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Hopefully everyone will follow me here.

From what I understand, the tribbles are usually a secondary prize. They are usually a "play test for one hour during such and such time". I am fine with them staying that way.

That said, it would be nice to have some reward for play testing a romulan to help sort out bugs and stuff, but I think that should be after everyone gets a chance. It isn't really fair to say offer "surprise cool BoFF" for play testing, when you limit a the number of people.
This is a given. The tribble rewards in the past were always given a few months after whatever was being tested had launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
And that said, Getting to play test a Romulan and help make LoR better at launch really seems rewarding to me, anyways.
Yeah <blush> .. That's why I said I felt like a greedy child...

Jolan'tru
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
While being able to test the new content before it comes out is kind of a reward in itself, it is always nice to get something extra and thinking about it, one or more of these would be nice...

Romulan Shuttle pet
A tribble that bites the faces off Tal Shiar
Tribble that boosts damage against Elachi
A baby Nanov
A unique Epohh that cannot be traded for Romulan Marks
A domesticated version of one of the other New Romulus animals
A hat, scarf or badge would be nice to help boost the uniform options
A special trophy for the ready room

Basically I want some trinket that is cool to look at, not overly difficult to implement and one that will not unbalance the game too much.
Empire Veteran
# 14
04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
I vote for a full version of the Tal Shiar outfit.
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Career Officer
# 15
04-22-2013, 12:35 PM
I consider being able to test the Rom faction early a reward in itself,BUT....a vanity item, preferably something wearable to show we were there first would be nice.

Joined August 2009
Captain
# 16
04-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Considering we are actually effectively testing/proof reading/error spotting on behalf of paid cryptic employees and there is still a lot of work left to be done, however great it all is, it's not a lot to ask.

If you are doing what they ask you to do and spot every bug and every mistake so that they can correct it, then it's actually a fair bit of work as opposed to gushing at every opportunity. If you are doing this in a test mode, then you have missed the point of testing entirely.

Also bear in mind that none of this work and effort in making these characters will carry forward in anyway either, so I don't think a little reward is out of the question and there is precedent for it.

Sorry to put such a glum note on it but it's true.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Rihannsu
# 17
04-22-2013, 01:02 PM
I will happily take whatever they throw at me. Either way, testing has been a blast and I have loved it so far.
Fazemladaiya - proven to be THE friendliest guy on the gaming forums.
My Graphic Design Specs. Gaming computer specs coming soon once she is built.
Republic Veteran
# 18
04-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramaniii View Post
While being able to test the new content before it comes out is kind of a reward in itself, it is always nice to get something extra and thinking about it, one or more of these would be nice...

Romulan Shuttle pet
A tribble that bites the faces off Tal Shiar
Tribble that boosts damage against Elachi
A baby Nanov
A unique Epohh that cannot be traded for Romulan Marks
A domesticated version of one of the other New Romulus animals
A hat, scarf or badge would be nice to help boost the uniform options
A special trophy for the ready room

Basically I want some trinket that is cool to look at, not overly difficult to implement and one that will not unbalance the game too much.

This, exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
Considering we are actually effectively testing/proof reading/error spotting on behalf of paid cryptic employees and there is still a lot of work left to be done, however great it all is, it's not a lot to ask.

If you are doing what they ask you to do and spot every bug and every mistake so that they can correct it, then it's actually a fair bit of work as opposed to gushing at every opportunity. If you are doing this in a test mode, then you have missed the point of testing entirely.

Also bear in mind that none of this work and effort in making these characters will carry forward in anyway either, so I don't think a little reward is out of the question and there is precedent for it.

Sorry to put such a glum note on it but it's true.
For me, it's an almost equal amount of both. Yes, there are bugs. A fair few in fact, including graphic glitches, costume chopping, mission text errors, mission incomplete issues, etcetera... However.. seeing as I have been awaiting Romulans since they announced the game was being worked on... AND considering just how awesome what I *have* seen is.. there's also a fair bit of *gush* as well...

Jolan'tru
Rihannsu
# 19
04-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Epohhs - and a thalaron device for them.
LOL [Thalaron Combat Epohh]

Reminds me of the Monty Python scene with the bunny rabbit.
MikeWard1701 (Special Envoy)

facebook twitter Steam STOwiki Raptr - feel free to follow/friend me : )

Last edited by mikeward1701; 04-22-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 20
04-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeward1701 View Post
LOL [Thalaron Combat Epohh]

Reminds me of the Monty Python scene with the bunny rabbit.
ROFLMAO

I LOVE that... lol