Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback
Login

Captain
# 11
04-22-2013, 11:44 AM
I have been using Raptr while playing STO and there has been alot of discussion on there too regarding the new UI and some that also use Raptr have had the opportunity to test Legacy.

The overall consensus is that Cryptic have done a mighty fine job. Thus far I have rarely seen anything negative about what is to come.

This is going to be one of the rare occasions where Cryptic are going to be overly praised.

I mentioned in a previous post I had a few audio issues but I think that is down to it not being the finished product

Cryptic, and to all those who worked on this expansion ... BRAVO APPLAUDS APPLAUDS BRAVO.
Live long and Prosper
Rihannsu
# 12
04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
As explained by a dev, the cut scene text are supposed to be synced to the voice overs that haven't been added yet. They were quickly put in there to give the player an idea of what's going on, but are not the end product.
Awesome. THANK you for pointing that out.

Also - an addition to my review . . . I found that standard Romulan BOFFS can indeed be edited and customized. At the time of my review I had not slotted any BOFFS other than the initial ones you start with, and I guess they are fixed in place while standard/common BOFFS can be customized. So I retract that bullet point in my recommendations.
Fazemladaiya - proven to be THE friendliest guy on the gaming forums.
My Graphic Design Specs. Gaming computer specs coming soon once she is built.
Career Officer
# 13 My initial report is...
04-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I liked the first 1 to 20 level stories. I did not see many serious bugs. I have only seen typing errors and grammar problems. I saw three graphic issues that I reported as a bug.

On a whole, I think Cryptic is improving in their stories that span across a whole series of game content.

The only problem I really see is with a new player starting on the Romulans, and has not played the Federation or Klingons, may feel disappointed. The federation stories are not complete or connected properly. The Romulan's stories are very well done. Although, I feel the story drags some when you start doing the Tal Shiar stories in the Eta Eridani Block.

The sets are awesome.

The uniforms are okay.

The hair and shoes are not making it for me. Someone needs to explain to the guy that draws female hair that women do not have sideburns. All the Romulans hair have sideburns. And it has been established in the lore going back to the 1960's Romulan females had great hairstyles.

The boots all look like something you wear to walk through a manhole or sewage treatment plant to prevent chemicals from penetrating your shoes. They need a women that understands the importance of good shoes and hair to QA the shoe and hair designs.

Well, that is all I have to say about that...

Thank you.
Republic Veteran
# 14
04-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klytemnestra1 View Post
I liked the first 1 to 20 level stories. I did not see many serious bugs. I have only seen typing errors and grammar problems. I saw three graphic issues that I reported as a bug.

On a whole, I think Cryptic is improving in their stories that span across a whole series of game content.

The only problem I really see is with a new player starting on the Romulans, and has not played the Federation or Klingons, may feel disappointed. The federation stories are not complete or connected properly. The Romulan's stories are very well done. Although, I feel the story drags some when you start doing the Tal Shiar stories in the Eta Eridani Block.

The sets are awesome.

The uniforms are okay.

The hair and shoes are not making it for me. Someone needs to explain to the guy that draws female hair that women do not have sideburns. All the Romulans hair have sideburns. And it has been established in the lore going back to the 1960's Romulan females had great hairstyles.

The boots all look like something you wear to walk through a manhole or sewage treatment plant to prevent chemicals from penetrating your shoes. They need a women that understands the importance of good shoes and hair to QA the shoe and hair designs.

Well, that is all I have to say about that...

Thank you.

Did you watch TNG/DS9??

One

Two

Three

Four (Troi as a Romulan)

There are many, many others...

They aren't "side burns" .. is their hair-style