Commander
# 81
04-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Really? Particle generators?
I didn't really see that many exotic damages being thrown out by Tholians, they seem to use more disables and drains, so Subspace Decompiler or Flow Capacitors would fit better with their theme.
Beyond that, FlowCap boosts the proc on Tetryon weapons, so having that would synergize better with the rest of the Tholian Rep gear.

Last edited by raptor63549; 04-20-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Captain
# 82
04-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishkin View Post
So I sadly don't have enough Nukara marks to unlock the Tholian Refracting Tetryon weapons, but I can see the console stats:

From the Tier 2 Nukara Strike Force Reputation:

Universal Console- Nukara Particle Converter
Very Rare Universal Console- Cannot Equip More than One Of This Item

+5 Shield Power Setting
+17.3 Starship Power Insulators
+17.3 Starship Particle Generators
+10% Accuracy With Beam Weapons

Immediate first thought: I love the idea. Gives a nice boost to beams for cruisers and science ships, and seems to fit with the Tholian's idea of heavy reliance on beam weapons.
The boost to beams is nice, but I doubt anyone will use beam arrays anymore if the current changes to EPtX go live as is.
Captain
# 83
04-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The Nukara Reputation is filled with placeholder information that could change with each patch. It's best to not make any assumptions about the current state.

Wait until Patch Notes are released that detail the features of the Reputation - its rewards, its related content, etc. At that point, it will be relatively safe to assume that what you see, is what you'll get on Holodeck (give-or-take some fine tuning).

For the time being, we're not prepared to answer questions regarding the details of a system that is still in flux.
There has already been a dev blog post about the Nukara reputation system, but I have yet to see anything about it in the patch notes. Will the new passives, abilities, and equipment be added to the DS9 vendor on Tribble for testing before Legacy of Romulus launches?
Lt. Commander
# 84
04-22-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
So I sadly don't have enough Nukara marks to unlock the Tholian Refracting Tetryon weapons, but I can see the console stats:

From the Tier 2 Nukara Strike Force Reputation:

Universal Console- Nukara Particle Converter
Very Rare Universal Console- Cannot Equip More than One Of This Item

+5 Shield Power Setting
+17.3 Starship Power Insulators
+17.3 Starship Particle Generators
+10% Accuracy With Beam Weapons

Immediate first thought: I love the idea. Gives a nice boost to beams for cruisers and science ships, and seems to fit with the Tholian's idea of heavy reliance on beam weapons.
Sounds perfect to me. I wonder if the tier 5 click ability (the isoetric charge esque tetryon burst ability will get a boost from perticle gens.)

At the very least it makes beams a more viable choice for pvp, especially since we're getting the special dual beam bank. I reckon it would be worth even without the acc bonus just for the boost to shield power and insulators.

Putting 15k dil aside for this one.

EDIT: I dont suppose you can see the name/details of the set bonuses?
Commander
# 85
04-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave18193 View Post
EDIT: I dont suppose you can see the name/details of the set bonuses?
The names, but not the bonuses.

Set 2: Tetryon Amplification
Set 3: Refracting Assault

if I was a gambling man, I'd bet that the Set 2 bonus is +7.6% Tetryon damage and +15.2 to particle generators. I'm fairly confident on the former, the latter is just guesswork based on what else is buffed in the Tholian reputation system.

If I were to further gamble, with even less certainty, I would say that Set 3 is probably a click power, two minute recharge, which provides either a special refractive BFAW power or upgrades the Hyper Beam Bank to fire a super-refractive pulse.
Captain
# 86
04-22-2013, 06:52 AM
What can I say, more grind, at least a month, you got 10 toons, prepare to do another 10 toon repu, awesome!

Oh wait i forgot about the new romulan toons you all wanted to create, triple repu now on all of them happy grinding to tier 5! We all love it so much.

And for the tip of the iceberg, newcomers to PvP enjoy this part the most, it adds another 1/2 months before they are equally viable as other PvPers with the same advantage. Widen the already huge gap between newbies and old skool players even more. Yay!

What can I say, great.

I would seriously consider putting in a Z-store token of 2000 zen to simply let us buy our way to Tier 5, because I certainly will buy that.

Its kinda sad, because I actually kinda like the reputation system, the grind is just way too long and time consuming.
Lt. Commander
# 87
04-22-2013, 09:10 AM
What's the changes they were making to award boxes from missions? Weren't they adding in nakura marks to the current boxes; or are new boxes dropping? My brain is fried..lol
Lt. Commander
# 88
04-22-2013, 03:34 PM
Quote:
The names, but not the bonuses.

Set 2: Tetryon Amplification
Set 3: Refracting Assault

if I was a gambling man, I'd bet that the Set 2 bonus is +7.6% Tetryon damage and +15.2 to particle generators. I'm fairly confident on the former, the latter is just guesswork based on what else is buffed in the Tholian reputation system.

If I were to further gamble, with even less certainty, I would say that Set 3 is probably a click power, two minute recharge, which provides either a special refractive BFAW power or upgrades the Hyper Beam Bank to fire a super-refractive pulse.
Cheers for the info, and I must say as a huge fan of tetryon weapons who has invested in high end tet consoles, its good to hear they'll be getting a buff. Their blue colour is perfect for my Charal.

The tier 5 click power is also apparently boosted by tetryon consoles, making them an even better choice.

Now to go and spend all my ec on tetryon tac consoles so I can sell them at a huge profit when LoR goes live and all the pvpers rush to change to tet weapons. MWAHAHAHA.

The consoles giving an acc bonus to beams is also great news, since it means the hyper dual beam bank will definitely be at least somewhat viable in pvp. That and itll also be a much needed buff to cruisers/sience ships.

Last edited by dave18193; 04-22-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Career Officer
# 89
04-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polie05 View Post
Nice fail Crpytic! You now offer the lobi store set you buy for 150 lobi's for free on the rep system.

You owe me $40 worth of keys to buy the Lobi!

Click that above link so you can see what I'm on about.

This is complete BS.
There is a Register Lobi set project which gets you some nakura marks and DILITHIUM so not a complete waste. Those who have made the purchase are being given something extra to those who have not.
Captain
# 90
04-22-2013, 04:38 PM
I know this won't affect a ton of people but the new Tholian space set looks great if you bought a Lobi store shuttle and actually want to use a set without having to scrap your 300 lobi deflector dish bonus.

I'm still assuming we're getting shuttle content. Fingers crossed.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom