Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,464
# 51
04-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirahitomi View Post
/snip
You're flying a starship. From Star Trek. Not a starfighter.

Meat pancakes.

C'mon, man...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,634
# 52
04-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Honestly who cares if they up every escort 2-5 turn. lol

Its diminishing value.

I run tachyos but never rcs... cause they are unneeded.

Most players can't even handle there escort turn now so what are you worried about. lol

Really imo its not the top end that is the issue its the bottom end.

At around 18 or so turn its enough to keep guns arced almost all the time right now... anything more isn't any big deal... even against other escorts turning at 22+....

The only real issue is ships stuck at sub 10 and this change fixes that so people need to buck up. lol

No cruiser is ever going to out turn an escort you simply need to be able to turn fast enough to get position or out of one for a few seconds.... you need the base to be acceptable enough to synergize with short duration escapes like evasive ect.

This change is good for everyone... it will boost cruisers THE MOST BY FAR... as some of the slowest turners can now hit that min acceptable performance number that they are so far from now.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,493
# 53
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Might have to bring out the Galaxy-X on tribble when the change is implemented just to try it out.. that is if I'm not still having fun on a Romulan ^_^
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 117
# 54
04-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
You're flying a starship. From Star Trek. Not a starfighter.

Meat pancakes.

C'mon, man...
Your playing a Game. Based on Star Trek. Not a simulator.

Inertial Dampers.

Remove the stick...
"STO - To boldly frakk up what wasn't frakked before...."
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,628
# 55
04-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Honestly who cares if they up every escort 2-5 turn. lol

Its diminishing value.

I run tachyos but never rcs... cause they are unneeded.

Most players can't even handle there escort turn now so what are you worried about. lol

Really imo its not the top end that is the issue its the bottom end.

At around 18 or so turn its enough to keep guns arced almost all the time right now... anything more isn't any big deal... even against other escorts turning at 22+....

The only real issue is ships stuck at sub 10 and this change fixes that so people need to buck up. lol

No cruiser is ever going to out turn an escort you simply need to be able to turn fast enough to get position or out of one for a few seconds.... you need the base to be acceptable enough to synergize with short duration escapes like evasive ect.

This change is good for everyone... it will boost cruisers THE MOST BY FAR... as some of the slowest turners can now hit that min acceptable performance number that they are so far from now.
escorts end up having between 40 and 50 turn rate actually, and you need no less then 25 to use DHCs well. what makes the bug so dangerous is its ability to keep low arc weapons pointed at you at all times, more then its 5 tac consoles

we dont know the math behind the change, we dont know how nice it will be for cruisers yet. hopefully very nice, we will see
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,464
# 56
04-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
/snip
What are the 1/4 impulse (otherwise unbuffed - running at your normal Eng Power) turn rates for your guys?

Mine...

Mirror Vo'Quv (base 5) - 6.5 (she needs a respec bad, lol)
Mirror Star (base 7) - 11.4
Mirror Vor'cha (base 10) - 18.0
Chel Grett (base 13) - 25.6
JHEC (base 13) - 25.1

Mirror Deep (base 13) - 26.1
Mirror Advanced (base 16) - 29.7
Hegh'ta (base 21) - 44.1

This ships in SandyBrown have a RCS Mk XI.
The ships in YellowGreen have a Tachyo.

Anything below 20 feels sluggish. Anything over 80 and I can lose track of which way I'm facing if I'm covered in effects on a small ship. I hit EM on the Hegh'ta and I'm at 124...

My non-Cruiser guys will generally be sitting mid/high 30s to low/mid 40s.

Heck, it's like testing the Ody w/ Chevron over on Tribble on the guy that flies the Chel Grett. With the Chevron out, his 1/4 was ~22. With EPtE, he was in the 40s. Hit EM and he was in the 70s. In a space whale...wheeeeee.

I couldn't imagine multiple RCS consoles, EPtE, and hitting EM on a B'rel over on Tribble...like spinning a top, eh?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin

Last edited by virusdancer; 04-22-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,464
# 57
04-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirahitomi View Post
Your playing a Game. Based on Star Trek. Not a simulator.

Inertial Dampers.

Remove the stick...
Nobody said anything about it being a simulator. But it is based on Star Trek...so it should be akin to Star Trek. Ships didn't spin around like tops. They shouldn't.

Want to zip,zip,zip - grab a fighter - knock yourself out. Knock yourself out.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,068
# 58
04-22-2013, 06:02 PM
how will this effect the destroyer class?

im thinking the mobius might be pulling out of spacedock again for me if its a good turnrate boost. its already nice as is tho.

or is destroyer just an escort class? im not sure...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,142
# 59
04-22-2013, 07:01 PM
I can't wait for this, looks like if this bonus to slow moving ships is a decent amount the Bortasqu will become the most powerful ship in game. Hopefully I can make it handle at least like a Tor'Kaht without an RCS.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,016
# 60
04-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Nope, whales are just as whaley.

AFAIK all they did was allow the RCS console mod to apply to the full base turn rate. However they did not allow the other mods like engine power or engine [turn] or even captain skill to do so.

So whoopie the 35% boost from RCS console applies to the full base turn rate. But the 30% I get from skills, the 20% from my two engine [turn] mods, and the 50% from engine power still do not.

All they did was make the math a bit more complex and achieved, in the end, little to nothing.

TLDR: Everyone gains +1.05 turn rate per blue MK XI RCS console over their previous turn rate. Blah.

Last edited by bareel; 04-22-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 AM.