Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 171
# 61
04-22-2013, 07:23 PM
The change went onto Tribble in today's patch. A quick bit of testing with a Mk XII purple on my Odyssey showed that my turn rate increased by 2.4, which is exactly 40% of the Oddy's described base of 6.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,549
# 62
04-22-2013, 07:37 PM
My Mogai went from 24.9 to 28.1 with a +22.5%.

Going with the -3 Rule, the Base goes from 14 to 11. 22.5% would be: 2.475...

24.9 + 2.475 = 27.375

Without the -3 Rule...28.05ish - the 28.1 that it shows.

So the -3 is no more, eh?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 63
04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Can somebody please point me at only the comments/posts in this thread that are backed by emperical evidence from testing on tribble? I have no interest in discussion between arm-chair generals.

No offense.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,549
# 64
04-22-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
Can somebody please point me at only the comments/posts in this thread that are backed by emperical evidence from testing on tribble? I have no interest in discussion between arm-chair generals.

No offense.
Figure the three posts before your post?

They didn't patch Tribble and bring it back up until not that long ago.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 65
04-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Yeah, my point was, ppl should wait to test it on tribble, rather than trying to forecast its gameplay affect. These days all I see are pages upon pages speculation on one teeny subject, my poor brain can't handle all that stuff.

I wants facts, not fiction.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 12,549
# 66
04-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokersmith1 View Post
Yeah, my point was, ppl should wait to test it on tribble, rather than trying to forecast its gameplay affect. These days all I see are pages upon pages speculation on one teeny subject, my poor brain can't handle all that stuff.

I wants facts, not fiction.
Heh, it can be tough at times with Cryptic being so cryptic so often...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 405
# 67
04-22-2013, 09:02 PM
After some very basic testing with what I had.

On the sovvie, each RCS (37.5) added ~2.6, which is up from 1.5 on holodeck.

On the Excelsior, each one added ~3, up from 1.8.

It just looks like the removed the -3 from the base for multiplying from RCS.

Its nice because it effectively doubles the benefit for lower turn rate ships. However escorts now get an even bigger bonus. A defiant now gets the equivalent of a sovvie's entire warp engine and nacelles with one console.

Oh well. Escorts are always going to get the better end of every deal. At least it gives a benefit to cruisers.

Now I can keep my ineffective broadside on you slightly more often!
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 68
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
The rich are getting richer, the poor got some bones thrown at them. What oh what does it reminds me off.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,694
# 69
04-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cha0s1428 View Post
Its nice because it effectively doubles the benefit for lower turn rate ships. However escorts now get an even bigger bonus. A defiant now gets the equivalent of a sovvie's entire warp engine and nacelles with one console.

Oh well. Escorts are always going to get the better end of every deal. At least it gives a benefit to cruisers.

Now I can keep my ineffective broadside on you slightly more often!
Keep in mind turning is a quality of life issue and that after a while extra turning becomes an annoyance in PvE. Yep, PvE, its what this change really targets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 603
# 70
04-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
Keep in mind turning is a quality of life issue and that after a while extra turning becomes an annoyance in PvE. Yep, PvE, its what this change really targets.
you got that right cause im not giving up my resistance for that turn rate if they wanted to really do something they would un lock rcs so cruisers would not have to loose a eng slot
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:46 AM.