Starfleet Veteran
# 1 PLEASE fix the Dread.
04-20-2013, 02:05 PM
I'll let everyone else give the reasons this badly neglected ship needs another look...

With the Venture Class refit, this is a $50 plus ship by itself and yet it is rarely seen anywhere that survival matters because it is horrible.

Please Cryptic, PLEASE fix the "Dreadnaught".
Captain
# 2
04-20-2013, 02:23 PM
This ship could really use a fleet version with more tac abilities and extra tac console. Also the lance accuracy needs to be fixed and cooldown lowered.

I think the boff layout should be:

Lt Cmdr Tac

Cmdr Eng
Lt Eng

Lt sci

ensign universal

or

Lt Cmdr Tac
Lt Tac

Cmdr Eng

Lt Sci

enign universal

I doubt they will do it but the turn should also be increased by at least 1 or 2, maybe increase a few other Fed cruisers turn also to be fair.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
04-20-2013, 02:42 PM
welcome to the fight!! my friends.
Career Officer
# 4
04-20-2013, 03:24 PM
The purpose of the Galaxy-X was to separate you from your money. It functioned as intended.
Captain
# 5
04-20-2013, 05:19 PM
I got my Galaxy X for free - as did many players on the forum.

I purchased the Venture Pack to use with my T4 and T5 Galaxy ships - the original Pack skin wasn't even supposed to work with the Galaxy X. It's just something Logan did in his spare time. As such it doesn't really count to the cost of a Galaxy X.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Community Moderator
# 6
04-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Thread moved to Federation Shipyards
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
04-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjokruhlica View Post
The purpose of the Galaxy-X was to separate you from your money. It functioned as intended.
all that you hold is a concern that you remember.
and the galaxy class is to take away all our concerns

pray with me my brothers!

Last edited by neo1nx; 04-23-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Cant fix the Dread, its a Galaxy, and Cryptic hates Galaxy and galaxy fan boys!!!

Besides this is not Star Trek Online anymore, its Star Tac Online.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
04-23-2013, 08:40 AM
I'm not sure how the Galaxy-X needs an update. Don't get me wrong, a fleet version would be nice. But it's still a viable and effective platform, provided it's outfitted properly.
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
04-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
I'm not sure how the Galaxy-X needs an update. Don't get me wrong, a fleet version would be nice. But it's still a viable and effective platform, provided it's outfitted properly.
Let's see...

-turn rate reduction system -- check!
-phaser lance divergent-aim targeting system- check!
-phaser lance energy damage bypass -- check!
-phaser lance hollow exterior facade -- check!
-engineering bridge officer ensign stations -- check!
-holographic emitters to convince players that this the ship is a Galaxy Dreadnought -- check!

Yep, everything looks fine... >_<