Captain
# 191
04-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Hush. Speak not that name.

It gives me the chills
who? Is this someone of deeply earned infamy in the game, or on the boards?
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 192
04-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
who? Is this someone of deeply earned infamy in the game, or on the boards?
Wishy was a Dev who handed out a lot of Infractions and Suspensions before she was replaced.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 193
04-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Wishy was a Dev who handed out a lot of Infractions and Suspensions before she was replaced.
OH. that explains it, thanks.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Empire Veteran
# 194
04-23-2013, 11:34 AM
She once put me in the hole for many many weeks just for my love of muffins. I could do nothing with the forums except read and send responses to posts via ingame mail.
<shudders as cold runs down his spine>
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 195
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM
I always enjoy the Kerrat zone comments like 'It took 4 of you to kill me'. As if that mattered. The player is still dead.
Captain
# 196
04-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
I always enjoy the Kerrat zone comments like 'It took 4 of you to kill me'. As if that mattered. The player is still dead.
That's really what it comes down to. The opponent is out of the fight, at least for 30-45 seconds. Given the ridiculous state of tanking capability in this game, it shouldn't be a surprise that it could take 3-4 people to kill someone who's running a tank + healer build, especially if they're not alone.

The real skill would be to fly a BoP and tank 3-4 GOOD players. That's when you can really brag about how much it took to kill ya.
Captain
# 197
04-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
And my response is to laugh in their face and write "umadbro".
Captain
# 198
04-24-2013, 01:18 AM
Hey, if you klinks reserve the right to brag about every kill, even when it's 4 on 1 against a rainbow farmer who doesn't have a clue what they are doing, then I reserve the right to point and laugh at you when repeated alpha strikes fail and you need buddies to take me out.

Besides, what is the harm in a little smack talk? Surely that's why everyone bothers to talk in zone chat in the first place
Empire Veteran
# 199
04-24-2013, 09:56 AM
Apoligies to Charlotte for Kerrat yesterday. Nothing personal, I was just trying to win.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Rihannsu
# 200
04-24-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Nothing personal, I was just trying to win.
well, that IS what everyone going to ker'rat is trying to do, be it win against the borg, federation, or KDF, so there's no reason anything there should ever become personal...unfortunately, half the players who go there for the fighting make it personal because, instead of having fun just fighting (which is what PvP is supposed to be about), they insist on being that guy who is undefeated with zillions of kills on his killcard, and being that without help from anyone else; I.E. a 'kirk'
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.