Lt. Commander
# 11
11-10-2009, 07:12 PM
along the story line will there be recognizable charecters, with their voice talent? and how many sub-races are estimated in the story and will they have a major or minor affect on the STO world?
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhrothgar View Post
Perhaps you can catch it in re-runs later?

--

Anyhoo, the mood-setting "captain's log" establishing shot and voice-over are a core part of the Star Trek episode experience for me - will STO episodes begin with a similar structure (with a super-imposed title floating in space? I'll grant that full-on opening credits might be one step too far out of the world), or will we just pick up missions through dialog-boxes with our officers and over subspace radio, then jump right in?

LOL .....
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
I was just wondering if there was any news on a subscription price or if there will be Lifetime Subscription option like there was with Champions. Also the premium version of the game gives you an in game federation ship, will there be a ship of equal value for those klingons among us?
Lt. Commander
# 14
11-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8029 View Post
I was just wondering if there was any news on a subscription price or if there will be Lifetime Subscription option like there was with Champions. Also the premium version of the game gives you an in game federation ship, will there be a ship of equal value for those klingons among us?
Good job staying on topic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david8029 View Post

Hmmmm that has a lot to do with Episodes. Wasn't there a TNG episode about subscription prices? Ummm no.......
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Can you stray off the mission and do you're own exploring, and if so will it impact your status/reputation? Can you have friends help you on episodic missions? Are they somewhat random in how the episode is played out so if a friend does help, and has played the episode, they can't tell you where to find things or what to expect?
Lt. Commander
# 17
11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eria
Hmmmm that has a lot to do with Episodes. Wasn't there a TNG episode about subscription prices? Ummm no.......
na your thinking DS9, oh that would be a good one you have to buy the station with subscriptions. Can we do that in an episode?
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
It's time for another Ask Cryptic, where the questions you ask go straight to our developers. This round, we're talking about Episode Missions, those mission arcs in the game designed to feel like you're playing an episode of Star Trek. If you have questions you'd like to ask the team, please do so in this post's comment thread. Read on to learn a bit about Episode Missions.

Link to the news article.
My question: In City of Heroes (your previous game) the mission areas scaled to the amount of players in it as well, however when players dropped out of it the scale would stay the same. In STO, will this be a problem that if someone drops 1/2 way out of a mission and it's set to a specific amount of players, the mission may have the same scaled difficulty as the original group even though there's less in it?
Lt. Commander
# 19
11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
My question: Will there be any missions that have you in control of other vessels? And if so, will you get to keep any of them?
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Will there be any sort of episodic missions created by the Genesis Engine that players unlock through exploration, or will Genesis Content and Episodic Content be separate?