Lt. Commander
# 21
11-10-2009, 07:30 PM
A) If you have already completed all of Season One, can you go back and help a friend complete Episodes in Season One?

B) What rewards would / could you earn for doing so?

C) Will this take the form of becoming a Sidekick to the lower level, (rank?), player as in your other games?
Lt. Commander
# 22
11-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Will our actions in one episode have consequences that carry over into other episodes and content throughout or later on in the game?
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
How are continuity breaks in general handled? (logging off, doing something else, changing your mind and deciding you don't want to do it after all, etc)

How significant are episodic rewards compared to "standard" missions you pick up?

Do you need to complete the episodes in order to move forward with the plot of the game, or are they sometimes side stories? Do you need to complete episodes before progressing (in rank or other ways)?

How much of the mission content is the episodic sort? I understand there is a sort of randomized element to getting some missions (e.g. you get a distress call from Planet X in the Y system as you cruise past at warp); are these going to be the majority or does the episodic content comprise the majority of missions?

Can we get some more detail about how episodic missions are assigned, and any potential variation in reward if the mission is completed in different ways?
Lt. Commander
# 24
11-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Just how broad does this go? I mean, obviously you're covering distress signals, battles, first contacts, viruses, etc. But could something like TNG The Nth Degree happen?

Will episodes affect the universe around us? Will we ever have a Trek11-esque event where such a radical canon shift occurs?

Will there be specific recurring characters? Like Shran or Weyoun or Brunt or any other Jeffrey Coombs characters?

Will there be episodes, as opposed to just pvp events, that pit Fed player against Klingon player?
Lt. Commander
# 25
11-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_IS_GREEN View Post
Just how broad does this go? I mean, obviously you're covering distress signals, battles, first contacts, viruses, etc. But could something like TNG The Nth Degree happen?
I just wanted to say that this is probably one of my (many) favorite TNG episodes.

" Tie both consoles into the Enterprise main computer core utilizing neutral-scan interface."
" There is no such device on file. "
" No problem- here's how you build it. "

Lt. Commander
# 26
11-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
I just wanted to say that this is probably one of my (many) favorite TNG episodes.

" Tie both consoles into the Enterprise main computer core utilizing neutral-scan interface."
" There is no such device on file. "
" No problem- here's how you build it. "

It's great. I love the scene where he's arguing with Einstein on the holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 27
11-10-2009, 07:55 PM
I only intend on playing Federation as long as it takes to unlock the Klingon faction. From that point, I plan on making a Klingon character as my main. Are there story arcs for the Klingon faction? I realize there is no episodic content, but is there at least a story arc of some sort for the Klingon faction?
Lt. Commander
# 28
11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
About how many of these episodes are made for a single player? How many for multiple players? Or do they scale with the number of people?
Lt. Commander
# 29
11-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Nate View Post
Will there be any sort of episodic missions created by the Genesis Engine that players unlock through exploration, or will Genesis Content and Episodic Content be separate?
exactly what I wanna know.

will the genisis system create liek a type A rescure mission where a ship is being attacked and you need to save it and then so soem more stuff.

also will there be any PVP type mission/ like in mmos such as WOW.
Lt. Commander
# 30
11-10-2009, 08:08 PM
How much will the Episodes use decision trees and player choice, and what kind of consequences might they have? For example, might we be forced to choose between saving a taco freighter from a warp core breach and defending a nearby space station from pirates, with the episode branching from there to slightly different (or even identical) conclusions?

How will Klingon Episodes compare to the Fed side, assuming they have a few?

Will Episodes be unlocked as we rank up, such as some episodes specifically designed for Admirals, and others for Commanders?

Will there be Episodes exclusively for Science captains but not doable for Tactical captains and vice versa, or ones that might require a cruiser instead of a science ship, or unique missions for species traits like telepathy?

Will Episodes be repeatable (reruns!) with or without rewards?

Will we be able to drag along a team into an Episode only one of us actually has "unlocked", or must we all have access to the Episode to do it together? And would we all get the same rewards (money, skill points, etc.)?

What kind of rewards will an Episode completion give, and how is it designed to fit into the rest of the game? In other words, are Episodes the primary source of upgrades, BOs, money, skill points etc, for the game, or might people be able to completely avoid Episodes and progress at a similar rate in the other activities like PVP and exploration?

Will there be difficulty scaling for the Episodes, and if so, how will it work?

Will we be aware of the outside universe while doing Episodes? For example if we are in an Episode instance that takes place around Vulcan and the Borg attack Vulcan in the "real" world, will we get that alert and be able to jump out, right into the fight?

And how will travel work? If an Episode were to start at Earth and lead us to Vulcan, will we manually travel there to continue, or will we automatically shift instances to a "virtual" Vulcan, and pop back out at Earth right where we started when its all said and done?