Commander
# 311
04-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
i'm not sure to what you are referring.... are you talking about the RIGHT side?? or the ones on the bottom?

in any case, here is
Had a feeling this was it.
On one of the objectives in your story (Example: Scan Computer), you havn't chosen an item from the map, so not only have you got an objective without an item to interact with (First Error Line) but you got a default object caused by that story interaction/objective that hasn't been placed (Second Error Line).

In short; Go through your story and check EVERY objective, it may have an error sign next to one of the map names. You are looking for an onbective/interaction without a selected object.

Example: The Objective is 'Plant Explosive', but the Objective in the Story hasn't had the Item selected.

This any help? :S

IMPORTANT ADDITION: I believe it may be at a map transfer point that you dont have a point selected, check all of those first!
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Survivor of Romulus
# 312
04-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
On one of the objectives in your story (Example: Scan Computer), you havn't chosen an item from the map, so not only have you got an objective without an item to interact with (First Error Line) but you got a default object caused by that story interaction/objective that hasn't been placed (Second Error Line).

In short; Go through your story and check EVERY objective, it may have an error sign next to one of the map names. You are looking for an onbective/interaction without a selected object.

Example: The Objective is 'Plant Explosive', but the Objective in the Story hasn't had the Item selected.

IMPORTANT ADDITION: I believe it may be at a map transfer point that you dont have a point selected, check all of those first!
uhh what he said.
Career Officer
# 313
04-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post

interesting. Ok well, i'll take a look at each thing again and I'll let you know what I (hopefully) find
Commander
# 314
05-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post

First off, in order to design a truly epic arc I am looking at this point to "recruit" spotlight authors that would be interested in collaborating with me.
Wow, great idea! I, myself, am working on the first episode of a planned 40+ episode series! And your idea (collaboration with spotlight authors) is very much similar to the partnership I have entered into with the foundry author, dariuskoronikov! If you wish to find out more about this series, drkfrontiers, feel free to pm me! Pretty much, the partnership's "contract" is that dariuskoronikov will allow me to use his series' characters and ships, BUT, I am NOT allowed to kill off any of his characters or destroy any of his named ships! Past that, I pretty much have free reign in what I can do! (there is a bit of talk between us as well... pm me to learn more about it). With regards to further details on my planned series, I will post a thread dedicated to it after the publishing of my first episode: Yin and Yang! I will be quite interested in finding out more about this upcoming "production!" Please, keep me posted!
Captain
# 315
05-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampa4 View Post
Wow, great idea! I, myself, am working on the first episode of a planned 40+ episode series! And your idea (collaboration with spotlight authors) is very much similar to the partnership I have entered into with the foundry author, dariuskoronikov! If you wish to find out more about this series, drkfrontiers, feel free to pm me! Pretty much, the partnership's "contract" is that dariuskoronikov will allow me to use his series' characters and ships, BUT, I am NOT allowed to kill off any of his characters or destroy any of his named ships! Past that, I pretty much have free reign in what I can do! (there is a bit of talk between us as well... pm me to learn more about it). With regards to further details on my planned series, I will post a thread dedicated to it after the publishing of my first episode: Yin and Yang! I will be quite interested in finding out more about this upcoming "production!" Please, keep me posted!
Thanks Sampa

Yes for sure I will keep you posted and collaboration is what its all about.

For now, we are in a kinda strange pre-launch limbo due to the nature of Season 8 exp. I am not entirely sure of the merits of starting the project until the exp. is released.

Once released its going to be full steam for certain.

At the end of it, I hope that players will feel part of an ongoing roller-coaster ride like the Star Trek Seasons TOS, TNG, VOY, ENT, and DS9

We lost our Dominion author to real life so if you are interested there are always spots open.

When we set sail we will do a head count of authors again to see who is on-board and the open spots.
Rihannsu
# 316
05-02-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
i'm not sure to what you are referring.... are you talking about the RIGHT side?? or the ones on the bottom?

in any case, here is
sorry I forgot to get back to this earlier.

BEHOLD: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art...arhawkman&qo=0

the yellow box marks a "Kill enemies" objective.

the orange box marks the part of the objective where it lists the enemy groups you need to kill for this objective.

the red box marks an enemy group that hasn't been selected.

note how the error in the lower left is the same as the one you have.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 317
05-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Thanks Sampa

Yes for sure I will keep you posted and collaboration is what its all about.

For now, we are in a kinda strange pre-launch limbo due to the nature of Season 8 exp. I am not entirely sure of the merits of starting the project until the exp. is released.

Once released its going to be full steam for certain.

At the end of it, I hope that players will feel part of an ongoing roller-coaster ride like the Star Trek Seasons TOS, TNG, VOY, ENT, and DS9

We lost our Dominion author to real life so if you are interested there are always spots open.

When we set sail we will do a head count of authors again to see who is on-board and the open spots.
As interesting as that job may be, I am already slated to use up ALL 40 of my alloted Foundry mission slots writing my own 40 episode series called: Star Trek: Ragnarok! This is also a followon to a fellow foundry author called dariuskoronikov's completed 40 episode series: Star Trek: Odyssey! Also, I am not at all accomplished in the foundry yet, still learning the system (any help with figuring out how to make npc contacts visible would be well taken). But, I will be MORE than happy to help test-run the episodes as they come out! Just alert me to the publishing of a new episode, and I will go test it as soon as I am able! But, thanks for the invite! And, if you play through my series and feel that you want to add it into an odd misc. slot of your collaborative series, let me know and I will be more than happy to negotiate compromise (it's rather doubtful for it fitting as I am REALLY going outside the box in terms of story elements!)

Last edited by sampa4; 05-03-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Career Officer
# 318
05-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
sorry I forgot to get back to this earlier.

BEHOLD: http://marhawkman.deviantart.com/art...arhawkman&qo=0

the yellow box marks a "Kill enemies" objective.

the orange box marks the part of the objective where it lists the enemy groups you need to kill for this objective.

the red box marks an enemy group that hasn't been selected.

note how the error in the lower left is the same as the one you have.
(sorry guys, I hadn't been able to post anything because of rehearsals )

ah!! ok....once the server is up tonight, I'll take a look at the enemies. (Even though so far i only have two enemies in all the maps since its more story oriented)

EDIT: Yes I looked at the enemies (of which there are only two in the mission so far) and both have been selected already within the story. So it must be something else....

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 05-03-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Rihannsu
# 319
05-07-2013, 02:03 PM
this was just an example of what an unplaced object looks like in the story panel. You'll have to look through the rest.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
Hey, I just wanted to mention that another reason for my declining your offer to join the team of writers, is because, my own planned 40+ episode (which I will, from now on, refer to as phases) foundry series: Star Trek: Ragnarok, is basicly my own adaptation of Gundam SEED and Space Battleship Yamato I, II, and III with the already existing Star Trek Online universe. Also, my series is planned to be a basic continuation of dariuskoronikov's Star Trek: Odyssey series, which he has already completed! Once again, thank you for the invitation to join this series' mission writer team!