Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 41
04-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
It didn't look like the they said DEW plasma DOT was going to be buffed by Plasma Infusers. Just DEW plasma attacks. Has anyone checked to verify that it would still buff plasma DOT on DEW?

Is there anything that will buff the projectile plasma DOT other than the embassy consoles? You forgot to mention that, by the way.
Soloing my two starbases...much less the embassies...isn't going that fast. With the Crystal thing and testing on Tribble, yeah - that's massively slowed down - so I still can't test the Romulan Sci Consoles. I've been told they're like mini-Infusers - asked in the notes thread if they were changed as well, but there's been no answer...meh.

As for the rest - on Tribble:

Eject Warp Plasma (Base): 183.6
Eject Warp Plasma (Infuser): 183.6
Eject Warp Plasma (Ambiplasma): 183.6
Eject Warp Plasma (2pc Harness): 183.6
Eject Warp Plasma (Particle Gen*): 193.8

Plasma Direct Energy (Base): 785.9
Plasma Direct Energy (Infuser): 850.7
Plasma Direct Energy (Ambiplasma): 785.9
Plasma Direct Energy (2pc Harness): 815.7
Plasma Direct Energy (Particle Gen*): 785.9

Plasma Direct Energy DoT (Base): 85.8
Plasma Direct Energy DoT (Infuser): 92.9
Plasma Direct Energy DoT (Ambiplasma): 85.8
Plasma Direct Energy DoT (2pc Harness): 87.7
Plasma Direct Energy DoT (Particle Gen*): 85.8

Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (Base): 2152.9/1877.1/2456
Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (Infuser): 2152.9/1877.1/2456
Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (Ambiplasma): 2338.6/2026.3/2661.4
Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (2pc Harness): 2152.9/1877.1/2456
Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (Particle Gen*): 2152.9/1877.1/2456

Plasma Projectile** DoT (Base): 121.9/1697.5/198.4
Plasma Projectile** DoT (Infuser): 121.9/1697.5/198.4
Plasma Projectile** DoT (Ambiplasma): 128.1/1779.6/215
Plasma Projectile** DoT (2pc Harness): 121.9/1697.5/198.4
Plasma Projectile** DoT (Particle Gen*): 121.9/1697.5/198.4

Without being able to test the Rom Sci consoles, can't test them...simple as that.

With regard to the Infusers though, they dropped them buffing Projectile DoTs and EWP. That was the change. Ambis didn't change. 2pc Harness didn't change. PrtG didn't change.

* Just a PrtG Mk IV (+11.2) grabbed off the exchange on Tribble because I forgot to grab one when copying the guy over.

** Plasma Mine/Omega Torp/Hyper-Plasma Torp

edit: Regarding the STF Shield Damage Reduction, that's shield damage reduction - not hull damage resistance. That wasn't affecting the DoTs anyway for a DoT burn. It does make Plasma Direct Energy the worst to use against STF shields - but again, the Infusers are still buffing the Direct Energy like it was. That hasn't changed. They also added the 2pc Harness bonus as well as the [Pla] mod on the Rom Sci Consoles to try to help offset the STF shields. Against Fleet Shields, the Plasma Direct Energy is no worse off than Disruptor or Antiproton if they're sporting ResB.

Last edited by virusdancer; 04-23-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Captain
# 42
04-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Soloing my two starbases...much less the embassies...isn't going that fast. With the Crystal thing and testing on Tribble, yeah - that's massively slowed down - so I still can't test the Romulan Sci Consoles. I've been told they're like mini-Infusers - asked in the notes thread if they were changed as well, but there's been no answer...meh.

As for the rest - on Tribble:

Eject Warp Plasma (Base): 183.6
Eject Warp Plasma (Infuser): 183.6
Eject Warp Plasma (Ambiplasma): 183.6
Eject Warp Plasma (2pc Harness): 183.6
Eject Warp Plasma (Particle Gen*): 193.8

Plasma Direct Energy (Base): 785.9
Plasma Direct Energy (Infuser): 850.7
Plasma Direct Energy (Ambiplasma): 785.9
Plasma Direct Energy (2pc Harness): 815.7
Plasma Direct Energy (Particle Gen*): 785.9

Plasma Direct Energy DoT (Base): 85.8
Plasma Direct Energy DoT (Infuser): 92.9
Plasma Direct Energy DoT (Ambiplasma): 85.8
Plasma Direct Energy DoT (2pc Harness): 87.7
Plasma Direct Energy DoT (Particle Gen*): 85.8

Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (Base): 2152.9/1877.1/2456
Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (Infuser): 2152.9/1877.1/2456
Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (Ambiplasma): 2338.6/2026.3/2661.4
Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (2pc Harness): 2152.9/1877.1/2456
Plasma Projectile** Kinetic (Particle Gen*): 2152.9/1877.1/2456

Plasma Projectile** DoT (Base): 121.9/1697.5/198.4
Plasma Projectile** DoT (Infuser): 121.9/1697.5/198.4
Plasma Projectile** DoT (Ambiplasma): 128.1/1779.6/215
Plasma Projectile** DoT (2pc Harness): 121.9/1697.5/198.4
Plasma Projectile** DoT (Particle Gen*): 121.9/1697.5/198.4

Without being able to test the Rom Sci consoles, can't test them...simple as that.

With regard to the Infusers though, they dropped them buffing Projectile DoTs and EWP. That was the change. Ambis didn't change. 2pc Harness didn't change. PrtG didn't change.

* Just a PrtG Mk IV (+11.2) grabbed off the exchange on Tribble because I forgot to grab one when copying the guy over.

** Plasma Mine/Omega Torp/Hyper-Plasma Torp

edit: Regarding the STF Shield Damage Reduction, that's shield damage reduction - not hull damage resistance. That wasn't affecting the DoTs anyway for a DoT burn. It does make Plasma Direct Energy the worst to use against STF shields - but again, the Infusers are still buffing the Direct Energy like it was. That hasn't changed. They also added the 2pc Harness bonus as well as the [Pla] mod on the Rom Sci Consoles to try to help offset the STF shields. Against Fleet Shields, the Plasma Direct Energy is no worse off than Disruptor or Antiproton if they're sporting ResB.
Thanks for those test.

In regards to the Embassy consoles, on Holodeck, they currently buff plasma DEW, plasma DEW DOT, torpedo DOT, and each other's plasma DOT for non-plasma DEW.

I hope that doesn't get changed, though I suspect it will.
Captain
# 43
04-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Thanks for those test.

In regards to the Embassy consoles, on Holodeck, they currently buff plasma DEW, plasma DEW DOT, torpedo DOT, and each other's plasma DOT for non-plasma DEW.

I hope that doesn't get changed, though I suspect it will.
See, while I agree with bringing Infusers in line with other Tac consoles...yeah, even though I don't have them - I'd be ticked off if they changed the Rom consoles. It would be a principle thing. They're not Tac consoles, so they don't need to function like them. They've got a higher cost/more investment than just a Tac console. They should continue to function as they do.
Commander
# 44
04-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Aceton Beam getting better arc is good, would not mind if it was set to 360. But why GPG and SNB needed it? Even Nebula is better at turning then most cruisers, and Aceton is eng skill with AB3 available only for cruisers...

Cryptic logic.
Captain
# 45
04-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
*quietly sneaks upon Antonio, silently unsheathing my kut'luch* This is for giving them that idea! *to which I plunge the blade deep into his heart*

PetaQ'! You use the weapon of an assassin to settle a matter of vengeance?!

*yanks the kut'luch out of mimey2's hands and places a d'k'tagh there instead*

There! The proper knife of a warrior!
Captain
# 46
04-23-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoge00f View Post
"Systems:
The firing arcs of each of the following Abilities have been increased from 90-degrees to 135-degrees:
Subnucleonic Beam
Aceton Beam
Tachyon Beam
Tyken's Rift
Gravity Well
Viral Matrix
Breen Energy Dissipator Console
Graviton Pulse Console
The firing arcs of each of the following Abilities have been increased from 120-degrees to 135-degrees:
Isometric Charge Console
Magnetometric Overload Console
Known Issue: Hovering over these powers will not generate the correct Firing Arc overlay, but will instead show a 180-degree arc.
"
Welcome change for Tachyon Beam, it being the only channeled power on the list.

Nice change for Aceton Beam, but I still can't see cruisers or carriers wanting it over other LTC+ Eng powers. Pretty much every other ship already has the maneuverability to bring it on target when desired.

The firing arc change to Graviton Pulse Generator is cockamamie for a power that's already cockamamie.

Pretty much indifferent towards the other changes. It doesn't change the fact that Tyken's is fundamentally broken. It doesn't make Gravity Well pull even harder. It doesn't make the Energy Dissipator not functionally a heavy projectile (with all the counters and drawbacks implicit in it being such). It doesn't make VM any less weakened by Leadership BOffs or anymore savage with the reoccurring-VM DOff's. While a few powers have their difficulty in being applied relaxed, I don't think this is going to break the game.

Except for GPG, which is completely cockamamie, it seems more like a small QoL improvement for slower turning ships and nothing else.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Captain
# 47
04-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
See, while I agree with bringing Infusers in line with other Tac consoles...yeah, even though I don't have them - I'd be ticked off if they changed the Rom consoles. It would be a principle thing. They're not Tac consoles, so they don't need to function like them. They've got a higher cost/more investment than just a Tac console. They should continue to function as they do.
Just checked. Description on the embassy plasma DOT consoles says "+x.x% Plasma Energy Weapon Damage".
"Adds Plasma DOT proc to non-Plasma Weapons".

The latter seems like it should be applied to torpedoes, but it does not. Just energy weapons that aren't plasma.

Seems to me like the former was only intended to work with Plasma DEW and Plasma DEW DOT. Most likely, it's using the same code as the Plasma Infusers.
Captain
# 48
04-24-2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Just checked. Description on the embassy plasma DOT consoles says "+x.x% Plasma Energy Weapon Damage".
"Adds Plasma DOT proc to non-Plasma Weapons".

The latter seems like it should be applied to torpedoes, but it does not. Just energy weapons that aren't plasma.

Seems to me like the former was only intended to work with Plasma DEW and Plasma DEW DOT. Most likely, it's using the same code as the Plasma Infusers.
That's so wrong on so many levels. Like I said, I can completely see the logic when it comes to Tac Consoles. Yeah, I loved that the Infusers buffed my torps and warp plasma too - but I knew eventually it would change.

I was disappointed that the 2pc Harness only buffed DEW and DEW DoTs. I mean, if one of the pieces of the Harness is a torp - then the 2pc Harness bonus should buff Proj DoTs as well.

With the Embassy Consoles, I get them only adding the PDoT to Directed Energy Weapons - but given their cost (not just the cost of the console, but the stupid cost to level the Embassy itself)...they should buff all.

That's really disappointing...and meh, I don't even have them. That's just a disappointing change on their part.

edit: Even though I never got any reply from them in that thread, I went ahead and posted something similar there...about not only the Embassy Consoles but the 2pc Harness as well. Things like that just irk me.

Last edited by virusdancer; 04-24-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 49
04-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
PetaQ'! You use the weapon of an assassin to settle a matter of vengeance?!

*yanks the kut'luch out of mimey2's hands and places a d'k'tagh there instead*

There! The proper knife of a warrior!
You're right. I shall have to redeem my honor after this is over.

Captain
# 50
04-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
You're right. I shall have to redeem my honor after this is over.
Or you shall be executed for incompetence !