Empire Veteran
# 121
04-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Adapted how? Most of the time failure had nothing to do with one player.
Also, how are you doing these days with No Win Scenario and Terradome? You pine for the lost days of CE, but do you currently engage in the two very hard encounters that are left in the game? And if so, how's it going with them?
Actually the NWS is a bit easier than the old CE, but it's a lot more stressful since it's a spike DPS race. And Terradome is just a walk in the park.
Ensign
# 122
04-17-2013, 11:04 PM
the problem before was that doing a pug of the mission was nearly impossible. however, when i was with my old fleet, i organized runs of the mission using plans put out by other players, which we adjusted with each attempt. A fleet is better able to organize the use of powers to bring down the entity more efficiently and protect its ships, so in the style of their new fleet oriented content I think cryptic could add a seperate "fleet" event, where the entity is attacking your starbase because some stupid redshirt antagonized it and it followed him or something. It could hand out a ton of fleet marks or dilithium. The event could use the old difficulty, with graphics updates similar to the current mission so we can actually see the small shards returning to the entity (this used to be invisible). I lead a very small fleet, but would be glad to bring in players outside of the fleet to run a more difficult CE.
Wake@phoenixrw, Supreme Chancellor of Roughneck Alpha Fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 123
04-18-2013, 08:23 AM
I like the mission far much better than the original Entity
Career Officer
# 124
04-21-2013, 08:06 AM
Well, managed a 1st place in my Vesta with my sci.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Lt. Commander
# 125
04-23-2013, 12:36 AM
Shattered! First place in my kamikaze Fleet Oly. It was unexpected as I use EWP, PSW and mines. Buzzing that thing is fun.

While the event seems like only piece of a mission I think it has enough complexity for the time it takes. Now it just needs to be followed by the arrival of Mummy Entity. Or...

Have the 'sploded crystal become a sea of (sentient) crystal fragments coalescing around the players like a Big Bang simulation. The crystals would stick to/in your ship, slowing it. Enough of them together would birth a new entity. At that point you respawn, but your ship remains as the nucleus of a "Tactical Entity", more lattice than snowflake, using your ship's abilities to wreak vengeance!

Muahaha.
Ensign
# 126
04-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Managed a first place with my Eng in a cruiser. I did not receive the 1st place trophy but the accolade completed just fine. Ah well. Got two shiny purple items out of the Entity, though.
Captain
# 127
04-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, managed a 1st place in my Vesta with my sci.
I pugged one last night and managed 1st with my ENG in an Eng ody.

Did I mention he's basically the red-headed step-child of my toons? Yeah, low gear all around but that big chunk of crystal in the crew lounge looks damn nice.
Captain
# 128
04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valgrade View Post
Managed a first place with my Eng in a cruiser. I did not receive the 1st place trophy but the accolade completed just fine. Ah well. Got two shiny purple items out of the Entity, though.
If you got the accolade, you have the trophy. Look under Floor and fleet actions.
Ensign
# 129
04-24-2013, 11:58 AM
If we don't collect enough Crystalline shards to fullfil the reputation event, what happens?

Does the event stay active until it's re-run? Can we cancel it? if so, what happens to the shards we have already collected? Do we lose them, or are they returned to us?
Lar Kes Krelon Admiral of:
U.S.S. Pennsylvania; U.S.S. Pittsburgh; U.S.S. Saratoga;

http://warpfactor10.enjin.com/home
Ensign
# 130 Regarding the rep on this
05-03-2013, 03:34 AM
I have not completed the 14 shards, What good is the rep on this mission now that it's over and I never got a chance to finish getting them? I have 8 shards on my klingon char, and 5 on my fed char.