Empire Veteran
# 1 Mogai model differences
04-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Since i plan to fly a mogai, still hate the name, why not use Valdore as used by the designer and production crew?
I checked it against the official renders:

http://www.gods-inc.de/sto_vs_valdore.jpg

Left side is sto mogai with as most down view as i could manage, right side the original.

Main problem areas are, nacells are to short, nose is to short, wings are to much extended aft, and the neck area is to thin. And the cutout in the middle is to small. And the wing itself seems not stretched enough.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-23-2013, 12:45 PM
the valdore is what they are naming the C-store version.

and when using a comparison like that, yes you will see flaws, but i think its still a great ship.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Just out of curiosity, where are your graphics settings? The in-game model in your picture looks less detailed that what I see.

As for the name, I think they're calling it Mogai because CBS told them to, but I really don't know. There's no canon name, just background info from the designer. The one named ship we saw was the IRW Valdore, but that doesn't mean it was the prototype, or that the class shares its name with the prototype. We've never seen an IRW D'deridex to my knowledge.

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Career Officer
# 4
04-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatela View Post
Just out of curiosity, where are your graphics settings? The in-game model in your picture looks less detailed that what I see.
Texture detailing has nothing to do with model geometry.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
04-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Just looked it up on Memory Alpha

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Valdore_type

Here's the rundown: Memory Alpha refers to it as a "Valdore-Type" It was called the "Norexan Class" in a card-game (I've seen that name elsewhere too) and the "Mogai" in the Titan novel series as well as STO.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 6
04-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Just looked it up on Memory Alpha

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Valdore_type

Here's the rundown: Memory Alpha refers to it as a "Valdore-Type" It was called the "Norexan Class" in a card-game (I've seen that name elsewhere too) and the "Mogai" in the Titan novel series as well as STO.
Yes, I'm familiar with the "Norexan" name.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.