Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 51
04-24-2013, 02:56 AM
lol klingons dabbling with the art of subversion....so cute and helpless

much like a bunch of starfleet engineers trying to balance mechanics they no longer comprehend
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 52
04-24-2013, 04:15 AM
One thing what I do not understand.

Most of the abilities which Cryptic plans to have a bigger arc are science abilities. Strangely enough their vision is that the role of engineers would be tanking and cariers. The ships which mostly need a increase of arc are those cariers, because of their low turn rate.
Science captains would have a debuff and healing task. This can be perfectly done with a faster, more agile science vessel. No need to increae arc of science abilities.

... or doe they secretly want science captains running cariers, and engineers running voyagers?

conclusion: engineer captain still useless.
Lieutenant
# 53
04-24-2013, 06:35 AM
I am all for increasing the firing arc of science skills. Now if we could just get them to un-nerf the damage that science skills do, we might actually be able to dish out some dps on par with a tac.

I wish this game would stop trying to accomodate the whiners, and the so called pvp community. The pvp community that is represented here is the ones that are no good at it, and that think that getting cryptic/perfect world to nerf other skills is how they win.

STOP NERFING THE GAME. For every offense there is an appropriate defense. If you build a ship with the sole purpose of blasting other ships into space dust than you have most likely taken a hit somewhere else in your build. stop trying to level the playing field and let the people have the options to build their ships how they want. stop nerfing consoles, stop nerfing weapons.....STOP STOP STOP.
If anything you should be increasing the power of these items. if you want to make everyone the same, then maybe we just shouldnt be able to outfit our ships at all, maybe we should just have prebuilt garbage that everyone gets, that way everyone is the same.

seriously the way this game is run makes me sick
Captain
# 54
04-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkundo View Post
I am all for increasing the firing arc of science skills. Now if we could just get them to un-nerf the damage that science skills do, we might actually be able to dish out some dps on par with a tac.

I wish this game would stop trying to accomodate the whiners, and the so called pvp community. The pvp community that is represented here is the ones that are no good at it, and that think that getting cryptic/perfect world to nerf other skills is how they win.

STOP NERFING THE GAME. For every offense there is an appropriate defense. If you build a ship with the sole purpose of blasting other ships into space dust than you have most likely taken a hit somewhere else in your build. stop trying to level the playing field and let the people have the options to build their ships how they want. stop nerfing consoles, stop nerfing weapons.....STOP STOP STOP.
If anything you should be increasing the power of these items. if you want to make everyone the same, then maybe we just shouldnt be able to outfit our ships at all, maybe we should just have prebuilt garbage that everyone gets, that way everyone is the same.

seriously the way this game is run makes me sick
Are you aware of the fact, that Cryptic always (maybe they are some exception) does the opposite what PvP community says ? SO you can't hardly blame the nerfs on the people around PvP forum. But since you are obviously expert in STO, please share with us, what nerfs were done because of PvP community? I'm eager to know them.

The plasma "nerf" is typical example of nerf caused by PvErs. If there werent so many threads boasting about 10k dps plasma builds, I'm sure noone would bother
Lieutenant
# 55
04-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
But since you are obviously expert in STO, please share with us, what nerfs were done because of PvP community? I'm eager to know them.
hmmm. how bout reducing tricobalt devices to do no more than quantums. how bout the reduction of the field generator console. how bout when they nerfed photonic shockwave. lets not forget energy siphon and the energy siphon drones. oh yea. lets not forget that T4 rep shield heal that got nerfed.

im pretty sure that all of those skills werent nerfed from people complaining about doing too much damage to borg.
Lieutenant
# 56
04-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
What would be the point of bringing a tac then?
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Lieutenant
# 57
04-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummyname View Post
What would be the point of bringing a tac then?
do i really need to answer that? science isnt for everyone, and just because a class has the POTENTIAL to do the same DPS doesnt mean that everyone is going to be able to do it.
Career Officer
Quote:
hmmm. how bout reducing tricobalt devices to do no more than quantums. how bout the reduction of the field generator console. how bout when they nerfed photonic shockwave. lets not forget energy siphon and the energy siphon drones. oh yea. lets not forget that T4 rep shield heal that got nerfed.

im pretty sure that all of those skills werent nerfed from people complaining about doing too much damage to borg.
I would have to say I agree with lordkundo please STOP IT.
Lieutenant
# 59
04-24-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
do i really need to answer that? science isnt for everyone, and just because a class has the POTENTIAL to do the same DPS doesnt mean that everyone is going to be able to do it.
To put it in another way, why would a high level team want to bring a tac when a competent science captain can bring the same dps and the SNB and the sensor scan? It's the same problem with why none of the high level teams really want to bring an engineer to heal for them when a science captain has the same potential to do equal healing, yet the engineer brings little to no additional benefits to the team.

I ran into a science captain last night who was insta-popping our team with a quick snb/bo+dem combo, so alpha strikes aren't necessary. I played a game with 3 sci and 2 engineers and our team got kills with triple scans and well timed nukes, and we were all specced to heal, so imagine a team of sci's specced for dps, I feel confident we could easily melt faces.

Now, I wasn't here for all these nerfs, im only 2 months old. I just wonder with what I'm seeing, if science captain abilities weren't "nerfed", so to speak, to where they were doing dps on par with a tac, why a fleet looking to build a team would want to incorporate one into their build.

If you ask me, science should be more about disruption than damage. It would be nice to see grav wells and tykens actually hold pilots and drain them, granting true zone denial, rather than only holding cruisers who don't happen to have an evasive maneuver up. Though I wouldn't mind if grav well did some hull damage that could be considered pressure when you have more than one person in it, making the enemy healer think about where his heals need to go.
24 Hours a day, 365 days a week.
Captain
# 60
04-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:

you do realize that the only major compliant we (the pvp community) had about tricobalt mines were when you used a dispersal pattern and they all crit'd because of the old "one crit they all crit" game feature.

when they annoucnced that tric mines/torps would be reduced in damage and cooldown the pvp community was pissed.

look it up.

field generator console? thats the extra free shield console right? they "nerfed" it so they could then release new versions that had the same effect but where higher "gear" level. thats the same damn thing they did to science consoles way back in the day. the pvp community had no say on that, we've been complaining about sheild resists. not sheild strength.

energy siphion? i cant ever recall the community saying it was too powerful.

siphion drones... yes we said they were too powerful and you know what. they fracking were.

the tier 4 rep was a disaster, cryptic needs to come out and say "we screwed that one up". no one in this game NEEDED to have an extra 600-1000 shield regen every second for no reason.

i saved the shockwave for last because you know what, frack you. the pvp community (mainly us science guys) were pissed that cryptic reduced shockwave 3s damage for no reason. yeah, it was out of wack, we pointed that out. we asked the other 2 shockwaves have their damage increased as a result... guess what cryptic did... they REDUCED the damage of 3 making it all but useless.

actually read the forums, actually take part in what the pvp community is asking for before you come here and accuse uf of actually having any say in this fracking game.

Good day sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?