Starfleet Veteran
# 21
04-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
It's "New Romulus" reputation, not "Romulan Republic" reputation.
It's still the same. If a Romulan toon flying around all over the place and help them build alliances so that this alliance can help in the building of a new Romulus. Should we get reputation for help in the building of the new home world. And without the Romulan Republic Settling in Dewa III system, we wouldn't be calling its new Romulus (Mol'Rihan)
"You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-22-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by direphoenix View Post
It's "New Romulus" reputation, not "Romulan Republic" reputation.
New Romulus is the home of the Romulan Republic, what's you're point? As the poster above me said they're one and the same.
Lieutenant
# 23
04-23-2013, 01:56 PM
It was my understanding that Romulan Reputation was for Federation and KDF characters to gain access to Romulan technology and weapons. ROMULANS SHOULD already have access to those technologies and weapons. So it makes absolutely NO SENSE for Romulans to be working the Romulan Reputation system. Instead they should be working Reputation toward their particular ally. Those choosing Federation working toward Federation Reputation and KDF allies working Klingon Reputation. But then, common sense doesn't typically apply to these games.
Lieutenant
# 24
04-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtkirk View Post
It was my understanding that Romulan Reputation was for Federation and KDF characters to gain access to Romulan technology and weapons. ROMULANS SHOULD already have access to those technologies and weapons. So it makes absolutely NO SENSE for Romulans to be working the Romulan Reputation system. Instead they should be working Reputation toward their particular ally. Those choosing Federation working toward Federation Reputation and KDF allies working Klingon Reputation. But then, common sense doesn't typically apply to these games.
Eh, not necessarily. I can see how your access to certain technologies might be limited by your connections and resources, even within your own faction. But I -do- feel that Romulans should have a clear advantage in their own reputation system. Like I said, you -find- New Romulus. Yeah, you can nitpick and say "they already knew it was there, you just found out it was habitable", but you're sent on a mission titled "Search for New Romulus, in which you go a bunch of places and scan a bunch of crap before setting down an away team on the new planet and going "Hey, this place rules! It's got little pig-bunnies and everything!" after which they build a base there. You are the proverbial Christopher Columbus of the Romulan people. You should already be famous among Romulan NPCs by the time you hit 50, and the rep system should reflect that. And like I said, if they want to balance the factions, just give the Klinks and Feds a leg up in a future rep system yet to be released and I'm betting complaints will be silenced. Fact is, Romulans, right now, have a somewhat lopsided experience. You can't pick a playstyle at 10 and run it to 50 without using allied faction ships. You can't have Romulan starbases. You can't have 3-way PVP, you're in a sense stuck with a particular bridge crew if you want to experience all the story elements, and when you start doing allied faction missions, much of the time the game acts like you're not even really Romulan. Giving a leg up on one of three (with more to come) end game rep systems is not an unreasonable way of balancing some of that.

Last edited by heavensrun; 04-24-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Lieutenant
# 25
04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
From a reasonable stand point. Yes Romulan players should atleast get a boost into the rep or a 'discount' of sorts. Given it is their faction.