Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lieutenant
# 11
04-21-2013, 03:16 PM
I had to use "Reset to Default" and then select low on the Dynamic lighting and that finally fixed the flickering problem. I think I was in Full Window mode before and the reset put me in full screen mode, which caused some mouse problems until I restarted the game. Adjusting Dynamic lighting did not work until I did the reset to default.

Thanks for the tip bitterscot.

AirBear
Lieutenant
# 12
04-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Well I spoke too soon, the problem has come back but just not as bad. I have dynamic lighting turned off and it's still doing the white/black skin flicker intermittently. Guess I can either live with it or roll back the NVidia driver assuming I can find out which one I was using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear8 View Post
I had to use "Reset to Default" and then select low on the Dynamic lighting and that finally fixed the flickering problem. I think I was in Full Window mode before and the reset put me in full screen mode, which caused some mouse problems until I restarted the game. Adjusting Dynamic lighting did not work until I did the reset to default.

Thanks for the tip bitterscot.

AirBear
Lieutenant
# 13
04-24-2013, 10:22 AM
I updated to the NVidia 3.20 Beta Drivers and after several hours of gameplay it seems the problem is fixed. Faces are normal colors.

I haven't had any glitches while playing STO but this morning when i turned my monitor on I had a BSOD which is extremely rare for this computer. I'll have to see if it happens again, if so I may have to restore the old drivers.

AirBear
Republic Veteran
# 14
05-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear8 View Post
I updated to the NVidia 3.20 Beta Drivers and after several hours of gameplay it seems the problem is fixed. Faces are normal colors.

I haven't had any glitches while playing STO but this morning when i turned my monitor on I had a BSOD which is extremely rare for this computer. I'll have to see if it happens again, if so I may have to restore the old drivers.

AirBear
Yup, 320 fixed it for me as well. I don't have any issues such as BSOD however, they are stable drivers for me.
Empire Veteran
# 15
05-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Yup, 320 fixed it here as well.
Ensign
# 16
02-27-2015, 04:39 AM
so glad I found this post... just turned off screen space ambient occlusion and fixed messed up faces for me! On an AMD card too not even nvidia rofl.