Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 22
# 2041
04-24-2013, 01:32 PM
I keep skimming through this just incase it describes me glad I'm not on here yet!

Player of Kusa and Kusa Prime.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 2042
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Just finished Khitomer in Stasis (Elite) and the same person who was in that mission yesterday with no clue of what to do was in the mission again and again he left when he was frustrated not knowing what to do.

I just don't understand people. Why does someone keep entering the same mission on elite with no idea of what to do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 137
# 2043
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
Just finished Khitomer in Stasis (Elite) and the same person who was in that mission yesterday with no clue of what to do was in the mission again and again he left when he was frustrated not knowing what to do.

I just don't understand people. Why does someone keep entering the same mission on elite with no idea of what to do.
Did you try to tell him? Second time, it might be time to help him out if he'll listen.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 2044
04-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeishtmo View Post
Did you try to tell him? Second time, it might be time to help him out if he'll listen.
No because I am not a teacher and I am not going to stop playing to explain something to someone especially someone who cant figure out on their own that they should not enter a Elite mission without having a clue of what to do such as follow the group and do what they are doing instead of going to places that no one is anywhere near which is what that person did both times.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 137
# 2045
04-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Then any time he pugs in with you, it's your problem, not his. If you won't teach him, or direct him where to learn, then he never will.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 2046
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeishtmo View Post
Then any time he pugs in with you, it's your problem, not his. If you won't teach him, or direct him where to learn, then he never will.
I should not have to teach someone to follow people. It is his problem he can't even figure out something so simple and it has cost him mission completion twice wile the rest of the team was just annoyed but still finished it. He is not the only one I see this happen to because every once in a wile I see others do it. I just cant figure why people are so stupid they don't know that they should follow the group.

Last edited by marshalericdavid; 04-24-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 355
# 2047
04-24-2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I should not have to teach someone to follow people. It is his problem he can't even figure out something so simple and it has cost him mission completion twice wile the rest of the team was just annoyed but still finished it. He is not the only one I see this happen to because every once in a wile I see others do it. I just cant figure why people are so stupid they don't know that they should follow the group.
If that's your belief, you really have no right to complain when people in your group continue being ignorant, having done nothing to help them. Personally, I can't figure out why people are so self-absorbed and indignant they won't help others even though they help themselves doing so. Case in point, had you decided to not be a jackass the first time around, the second that other player would have known what was up and would never have been an issue. Maybe even had you explained things the first time around you wouldn't have wasted so much of your own time waiting for that guy to leave, and ran the cost of doing that instance way beyond opportunity cost.

At least that player was willing to admit their failing and display a desire to learn, something which you have yet to demonstrate. Ah well, you can't make a horse you've led to water drink, but a horse you've never led to water can't drink.

Last edited by theodrim; 04-24-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 2048
04-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
If that's your belief, you really have no right to complain when people in your group continue being ignorant, having done nothing to help them. Personally, I can't figure out why people are so self-absorbed and indignant they won't help others even though they help themselves doing so. Case in point, had you decided to not be a jackass the first time around, the second that other player would have known what was up and would never have been an issue. Maybe even had you explained things the first time around you wouldn't have wasted so much of your own time waiting for that guy to leave, and ran the cost of doing that instance way beyond opportunity cost.

At least that player was willing to admit their failing and display a desire to learn, something which you have yet to demonstrate. Ah well, you can't make a horse you've led to water drink, but a horse you've never led to water can't drink.
Common sense tells someone that they should not enter a elite mission they don't have a clue about and that you should at least follow the group. It is not my job to teach common sense. I don't want to teach people about missions I just want to play nothing more. People that don't have a clue should stay out of elite.

If you think I am a jerk because I don't want to be a teacher fine that is your opinion. My opinion is the jerks are the ones who don't have a clue entering elite mission dragging the team down especially when they do it multiple times. They are almost as bad as people who enter missions full of injuries and never heal them dragging the team down.

All I do is just play and say please don't enter elite missions if you don't know what your doing. I have seen some other people say some things that you would not believe.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 656
# 2049
04-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
All I do is just play and say please don't enter elite missions if you don't know what your doing. I have seen some other people say some things that you would not believe.
That's my attitude as well and others have posted comments that were grossly out of line.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 355
# 2050
04-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
Common sense...
Let me tell you something about common sense, and enlightened self-interest while I'm at it. I'll make this real simple for you, just to make sure folks at home can follow along. Consider this an act of charity, since I really have nothing whatsoever to gain from it.

Common sense tells us that while someone really ought to learn the STF before they try it on elite, the poor sap about which you're talking did it anyway. And you're stuck with the consequences. That, by the way, is a part of the "tragedy of the commons" -- feel free to look it up, but it's irrelevant to this post or the topic at hand so I won't discuss it here.

Common sense also tells us it takes maybe a minute -- if someone is slow on the uptake -- to explain what goes on in a given STF and how to beat it.

Common sense also tells us that instead of spending that minute instructing this poor sap in what to do, you probably spent...what? 15-20 minutes minimum? waiting for this little problem to "sort itself out".

That's 15-20 minutes of your time, not his. Against the one it spends explaining the damn instance. Facially, right there, you've already cost yourself 14-19 minutes or your time, each time you've ran into this poor sap. How many other ESTF's could you have run in that time? One, two with a really good group?

Let's go with "one", since that's conservative. You did this, what, twice now? You cost yourself 2,000 dilithium, 200 marks, and 100-200K EC's because you didn't feel like taking a minute of your time to explain an ESTF to a random player. Moreover, since you didn't take that time you've put yourself up for further grief and lost time, dilithium, marks, and EC's if you run into this poor sap again in an ESTF...and everyone else who has to deal with it, but screw them since we're discussing you and your enlightened self-interest.

That's called "opportunity cost", you just frakked yourself pretty hardcore with it, and that's on your head. I can only urge you to read up on the subject more along with enlightened self-interest, at your earliest available opportunity.

Last edited by theodrim; 04-24-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:04 PM.