Lieutenant
# 11
04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbatalla1977 View Post
That would be awesome!!! Can you imagine driving the ARGO? Sign me up!!!
Ugh. Seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
I'm hoping we get to fight one of their tripods on the ground map. I saw one in the background trying to shoot at me but was too far to sword lunge to it

Somewhat offtopic, but I noticed there seems to be an increase in large ground objects. We're starting to see moving shuttles, giant Tripods, walkers, fighters, even Bird of Preys all with the ability to shoot on ground maps. Could it perhaps be a matter of time before we get vehicles?
As much as I'd love to see player controlled ground vehicles in game, I cant see it happening. Imagine the work that'd go into the ui, mapping, controls. For the limited return I doubt theyd do it.

Which is a real shame, can you imagine ground pvp styled after star wars battlefront, with fighters dogfighting in the skies and feds and kdf in heated hover tank duels?

Seeing the the tal shiar call in figher support was probably my favourite part of brea 3.
Rihannsu
# 13
04-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Large giant Elachi ground unit with 22k Health and shields? Yeah I think we are going to need some big guns to take it down. Or one angry KDF HG Medic with a sword.
Yes.... I was trying to figure out if I could find a way to place a quantum mortar where it could blast at them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 14
04-24-2013, 03:33 PM
you did not realize this the second they started repeating the transmissions back at them?
" I believe that I speak for us all sir when I say: To hell with our orders." - Lt. Cmdr. Data
Republic Veteran
# 15
04-24-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave18193 View Post
As much as I'd love to see player controlled ground vehicles in game, I cant see it happening. Imagine the work that'd go into the ui, mapping, controls. For the limited return I doubt theyd do it.

Which is a real shame, can you imagine ground pvp styled after star wars battlefront, with fighters dogfighting in the skies and feds and kdf in heated hover tank duels?

Seeing the the tal shiar call in figher support was probably my favourite part of brea 3.
Maybe not necessarily vehicles, but it'd be neat if they let us use our small craft on ground maps. (with the size appropriately amped up)

In any case, it probably isn't THAT big of a stretch to create something similar to the ARGO rover from Insurrection. I mean, it'd have the same movement method as a Player Ground Character, just much more sped up.

At the very least, I could see some new kind of heavy firepower weapon being introduced. Something like a shoulder-mounted photon torpedo launcher or something.

Because seriously, I highly doubt those Walkers are susceptible to infantry weapons.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.
Lieutenant
# 16
04-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
Maybe not necessarily vehicles, but it'd be neat if they let us use our small craft on ground maps. (with the size appropriately amped up)

In any case, it probably isn't THAT big of a stretch to create something similar to the ARGO rover from Insurrection. I mean, it'd have the same movement method as a Player Ground Character, just much more sped up.

At the very least, I could see some new kind of heavy firepower weapon being introduced. Something like a shoulder-mounted photon torpedo launcher or something.

Because seriously, I highly doubt those Walkers are susceptible to infantry weapons.
I only say: Isomagnetic disintegrator