Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I have been trying for over a week (I am a casual player) to get to the point where I can buy Advanced Fleet weapons, and the fleet I am in keeps raising the bar for promotion, first it was 30k, then 50k, now 75k. I even posted it in fleetchat and someone said, you keep talking about it and it will be 100k.

I am starting to think player control of advanced ships and weapons is a very very bad idea.

Is this common for KDF fleets to be such doucebags? I mean, there are far less KDF players I would think you want to keep members not alienate them.
Captain
# 2
04-24-2013, 08:18 PM
75-100k is fairly normal, and if you want to buy a ship and gear it with Advanced stuff you're gonna need 20k for the ship plus 20k per weapon anyways. But yeah if your fleet is gonna keep telling you one thing, then change it, they're jerks and shouldn't get another EC out of you. Better someone who tells you to your face that it would be 200k than stringing you along for even just 100. That kind of deceit is better suited to Romulans, not Klingons!
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
I would think you would see that more from the larger Fleets.
With the timers on provisioning projects I would say "triage" is common.

I don't think you would see that from one of the smaller Fleets.

Also, I think Fleet weapons are overrated.
I joined a Fedside Fleet not too long ago and aside from getting a Fleet Defiant, there just isn't that much of a difference from what I can get off the Exchange.
I'm not impressed with them.

Well, except for that Fleet Photon...that delicious, sexy Fleet Photon...
I do NOT want to use ARC to play STO

"Far as I see it, you people been given the shortest end of the stick ever been offered a human soul in this crap-heel 'verse. But you took that end, and you - well, you took it. And that's - Well, I guess that's somethin'." - Some Random Guy's Epic Quote
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
04-24-2013, 08:45 PM
So far as I have seen the UFP fleets dont have any real restrictions.

Outside of a 2 week waiting period which you can bypass by asking on their forums I have not been restricted from buying anything.

They have 6 or 7 active fleet as gar as I can remember with the klingon fleet prety close to t5. Ive been on my romulan so I dont really know where they are.

Last edited by disposeableh3r0; 04-24-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
04-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post
I have been trying for over a week (I am a casual player) to get to the point where I can buy Advanced Fleet weapons, and the fleet I am in keeps raising the bar for promotion, first it was 30k, then 50k, now 75k. I even posted it in fleetchat and someone said, you keep talking about it and it will be 100k.

I am starting to think player control of advanced ships and weapons is a very very bad idea.

Is this common for KDF fleets to be such doucebags? I mean, there are far less KDF players I would think you want to keep members not alienate them.
Sounds like a problem with your fleet. The fleet I am in is 150k donations total between our fed and kdf base and its been that since the fleet system started.
Captain
# 6
04-24-2013, 11:29 PM
I find it strange that fleets in general are so incredibly fascist about their provisions considering that they probably have hundreds if not thousands of them and there is absolutely no need to ration them like that, and that they tie a member's worth to their "contrib score", an arbitrary measurement weighting things by completely arbitrary means which have nothing to do with what is scarce or valuable, and can be artificially inflated through the use of "special projects", in which a player essentially dumps resources down the drain in exchange for FC, while making no actual contribution to the fleet itself. Such an obviously debased score should thus have no value, but people think it's REALLY IMPORTANT anyway.
Empire Veteran
# 7
04-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Ouch, that really stinks about that. I can't attest to any fleet but my own, and while the bottom rank is pretty much locked out of anything (to prevent griefing of course), but any level above that can get as many as they wish, there's no limit on what they can buy.

We figured that since we DO have so many provisions, being stingy isn't going to help the members out that much.

We used to be much much more careful with provisions. We were also a lot smaller fleet, so it wasn't a big deal. Now that we're much larger, and have tons of provisions, we figure why hold em back? As long as people are willing to do their part for the SB, no reason for us to keep them from buying what they want.

Survivor of Romulus
# 8
04-25-2013, 02:58 AM
My fleet is still quite small (18 percent, if you're looking for us ) but we have clear guidance on what level of donation is required for promotion and at what point you gain access to fleet stores.
Promotions take place when you reach the following levels of fleet credits (earned within our fleet) 10k, 30k, 60k, 100k and last one at 150k (we have enough leaders already). Access to fleet stores is gained at 100k, since this is a level where you should have enough to buy a few and have proven yourself in the fleet to all who care to look.
Sounds like you have had a bad time of things in your fleet, and moving the bar seems more than a little harsh (especially the method used to move them) but all I can promise with ours is that the goals will never change except to lower the bar when we get bigger.
@drowrulesupreme in-game, mail me if you want to think about moving. Sounds like it should take no time for you to get where you want with us.
We're only tier 1.5 at the moment, but growing all the time, and with some serious fleet marks and dil from Crystalline catastrophe coming up, growth should happen QUICK in a few days.

Last edited by drowrulesupreme; 04-25-2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: typo
Captain
# 9
04-25-2013, 03:43 AM
Can't speak as to the the Fleet Ships. Never had one. What I will say about the Fleet ships is this: You spend all that Dilithium and time to get a Starbase to T5. Then, you spend about US $20.00 for the Modules. Next, you spend still more Dilithium to get a ship which is only 10% better statwise than a normal T5 version of the same ship? Seems legit. Yeah. "Hidden costs? WhatChuTalkinBoutWillis?" lol

I had a complete set of Advanced Fleet Weapons for my Kamarag class cruiser. Three Disruptor DHC's fore. Three turrets aft. One Photon Torp Launcher each for the remaining slots fore and aft. I wasn't all that impressed after awhile. Didn't seem to do much more damage than my Mk XII purple kit. I'm not a min/maxer and I don't have one of those nifty combat parsers mounted either. All I can go by is what happened during a mission or STF. I seemed to be shooting more often and doing less damage with the Fleet weapons as opposed to "regular" Mk XII purple weapons.
On a mission to put the "Casual" back into "Casual Player"

The only gear any ship or Away Team really needs is a competent Captain.

Captain
# 10
04-25-2013, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
Next, you spend still more Dilithium to get a ship which is only 10% better statwise than a normal T5 version of the same ship?
There is no mineral cost associated with purchasing a fleet ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
I had a complete set of Advanced Fleet Weapons for my Kamarag class cruiser. Three Disruptor DHC's fore. Three turrets aft
You should not buy the Advanced Disruptors, the Elite Disruptors outclass them in every way. The only Advanced weapons worth a damn are the Advanced APs...because there aren't any other APs. Every other "advanced" weapon is outclassed in PvP and PvE by the standard XII purples in your flavor of Acc, CrtH, or CrtD.