Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 25
04-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
"Star Trek: the Motion Picture", "Star Trek: Nemesis", "Star Trek: 2009", and "Star Trek: Into Darkness" had massive enemy ships. Another interesting reoccurring plot device is 'revenge'.

One of the reasons why "Star Trek" was on the decline was due to recycled story elements. Regardless about how they redress the franchise, the overall problems that are plaguing "Star Trek" still remain. Its rather sad.

According to a few early released reviews, the movie is a mix bag of excitement and missed opportunities. "Star Trek: Into Darkness" is begin described as fun; however, the movie also contains moments that leave you angry.

*shrugs*

We will have to wait and see.

"Star Trek: The Motion Picture" may have been boring to some, but it was a work of pure science-fiction. I do not believe Abrams can make a "Star trek" movie, which mirrors movies similar to "2001 Space odyssey", "The Time Machine (1960s)", and "The Black Hole". Even though his movies are entertaining, Abrams cannot make movies that contain intellectual depth.
In that case, Star Trek II through XI are in the same category as Trek XII by your logic.

However, I do like the Vengeance, it fits nicely into the new Universe. You forgot First Contact and Insurrection had massive enemy ships. I mean First Contact's massive enemy ship was in the opening scenes of the movie. The Voyage Home's Probe and The Search for Spock's Excelsior could also count as a massive enemy ship from the character's view.

Re-imagining Trek was the studio's idea, not Abrams, he just provided the details.