Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 677
# 11
04-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Sounds bad, guess ill stick on phasers for now.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,828
# 12
04-24-2013, 07:18 PM
Its the power of hull diminishing returns.

Shield resists are added so a -10 is a -10.

Hull resists are not... if you add an armour console that says its +30 for instance... you won't ever get +30 even if you where at zero before. At some point that +30 will be like +5 at most as the resist number goes up.

Same thing happens with resistance debuffs like beta delta disruptor procs ect... they are dropping -12... but seeing as that last +30 console was only giving +5... dropping it down to a 17.5 instead of 30... is only going to net you 2-5 points of resist at most off there score.

Its the nature of resistance in this game... honestly resistance debuffs like disruptors work best when comboed with other debuffs.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 147
# 13
04-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Its the power of hull diminishing returns.

Shield resists are added so a -10 is a -10.

Hull resists are not... if you add an armour console that says its +30 for instance... you won't ever get +30 even if you where at zero before. At some point that +30 will be like +5 at most as the resist number goes up.

Same thing happens with resistance debuffs like beta delta disruptor procs ect... they are dropping -12... but seeing as that last +30 console was only giving +5... dropping it down to a 17.5 instead of 30... is only going to net you 2-5 points of resist at most off there score.

Its the nature of resistance in this game... honestly resistance debuffs like disruptors work best when comboed with other debuffs.
What he said.

You said you went from 24.1 to 2.9, I'm assuming that's 24.1% to 2.9%. The disruptor proc is equivalent to taking neutronium away. 1 resistance =/= 1%, resistance is a diminishing returns formula, big gains initially and then it asymptotes.

P.S. Equip more Neutronium if you're that scared of the disruptor proc.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,828
# 14
04-24-2013, 07:50 PM
The real power of disruptors is when you combo it with other resitance debuffs.

Beta for instance is still a fantastic alpha strike skill... the combo of say a -29.8 from a beta 1 + a disruptor proc -12.5... can be a quick -42.3 or so during that short 2-3s burst. (as long as you land a proc early anyway). That is like removing a neut and a half from someones resistance and it can make a big difference... of course the odd person is going to be packing 2-3 neut armors, in which case all the debuff in the world isn't going to eat into there score much.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 30
# 15
04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
I haven't PvPed in a couple of weeks. I tried out one match today, and yes, something with disruptors is wrong, I almost tripled the damage of everyone else in that match, and I was fighting with and against some excellent players.

Unfortunately, that is what I've spent my EC on, so I guess I'll just stay out of queues for a while until they are fixed...

I sure hope they fix this soon...
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 49
# 16
04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbart View Post
What he said.

You said you went from 24.1 to 2.9, I'm assuming that's 24.1% to 2.9%. The disruptor proc is equivalent to taking neutronium away. 1 resistance =/= 1%, resistance is a diminishing returns formula, big gains initially and then it asymptotes.

P.S. Equip more Neutronium if you're that scared of the disruptor proc.
Well then it should have been a 2.9% across the board for all energy types but it wasnt ... Only Disruptors the other energy types was still at 14. something and its not that I am scared of it.... I'm just pointing out its not doing what its suppose to which means it broke....
Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,828
# 17
04-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylverwolfie View Post
I haven't PvPed in a couple of weeks. I tried out one match today, and yes, something with disruptors is wrong, I almost tripled the damage of everyone else in that match, and I was fighting with and against some excellent players.

Unfortunately, that is what I've spent my EC on, so I guess I'll just stay out of queues for a while until they are fixed...

I sure hope they fix this soon...
I think the op was saying they are broken as in doing next to nothing... not the opposite.

I think if you did double the dmg... its just that you where in an escort and no one else was... I don't think you weapons are broke.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 49
# 18
04-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I think the op was saying they are broken as in doing next to nothing... not the opposite.

I think if you did double the dmg... its just that you where in an escort and no one else was... I don't think you weapons are broke.
He was in his Klink Vet ship so was 1 other guy and 2 of us myself included was in Bug ships that was our side ... Other side was was an Andorion ... 2 escorts and a Cruiser.... he ended up with 1,100,000 in damage me and other bug had about 450k each and the other vet ship was 209k ...other side I dont remember who had what but the highest person was 300+k
Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,027
# 19
04-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansamurai1 View Post
Not sure tbh, the guy with the hellish proc on me was using XI purple disruptors.
It was as if all my resistances had been switched off along with tac team and shield buffs.
There was no sci nearby either, we were very much away from the pack.

Yes, its not just me thats been on the receiving end and ever unexplained 100% shield pass through malarky.

Do you sometimes find as well, not all the time but certain opponents seem to make your ship go on a go slow?
By that I mean everything is slow to respond, tac team doesnt, shield buffs dont seem to really do anything at all?
Could your opponent have been running the Polarized Disruptors, DEM, APB and REP passive Graviton amplifier? Not sure of all the back-end game mechanics but could they theoretically all proc at once? So you would get 100% shield bypass from REP passive (kinetic straight to hull), DEM partial shield bypass, -12.5 dmg resist from the disruptors, -25 power levels from the polaron proc, and -29 dmg resist from APB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i discovered this a wile back. disruptors deal a -12 to armor proc for all damage types, and apply 12 more on top for disruptor damage. esesntual it double procs for its own damage type. not sure if its intentional or a bug, but it makes disruptors go for from a meh energy type to one powerful enough that you would want it on any build that can punch through shields and hit hull. -40? i dont think so. not unless tac buffs buff the proc or something.
that is kinda disturbing
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,563
# 20
04-24-2013, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
So you would get 100% shield bypass from REP passive (kinetic straight to hull),
A point to fix:

Omega Graviton Amplifier doesn't have your attacks do 100% shield penetration. It has a proc that does extra, guaranteed kinetic damage through shields. Your attacks are treated normally.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:58 PM.