Survivor of Romulus
# 261 "The Search for New Romulus"
04-24-2013, 06:30 PM
A few iffy things here.
1. Tovan Khev's exclamation felt out of place. Tal Shiar, yes; Nausicaans, yes. Iconians? A bit too early for that - especially as most people just relegated them to history.
2. This Dev Blog intimated that it was a Federation ship doing the survey mission, not us. Hmmm.

Other than that, a top class mission!
Lieutenant
# 262
04-24-2013, 10:08 PM
I created a new Tac Rom and have gotten her to lvl 11 and when I try to set the away team my game keeps crashing.

Apologize if I already posted this.
Vice Admiral Ky'Lian Berat - U.S.S. AVALON
Career Officer
# 263
04-25-2013, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix841 View Post
In short: yes, he can one-shot you.

Long version:
Have you played the New Romulus rep before? The Teir 3 misson is nasty. You basically fight three waves of them, the first two having two commanders (and various Lt/Ensign ones) each, and the third having two of them and a Captain level, all at once (plus Lt/ensign ones). The Tholian captain is worse, because he can one shot you and your entire team all at once if you are close together (even with full health and shields in some cases). They key with the tholians is to spread out, keep moving, and keep reviving your Boffs when they go down.

Personally, I think they need a little nerfing.
Thanks fr breaking that down for me. :^D lol I've been sitting on the bottom of Tier two Roomnie rep for a while, focusing on other things instead, so i had no yet seen that. Still even for something you'd be fighting at VA that is a little harsh, unless you're running at elite difficulty...
Starfleet Veteran
# 264
04-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
One thing I wanted to mention with regard to the start of the Romulan tutorial:

The fact that it's mention the events take place "two weeks prior to the Borg attack on the Vega colony..."

WHY is this being mentioned in the Romulan tutorial? Cryptic has now changed the game so that its NO LONGER required to play a Federation character before you start a Romulan character; so why would it matter to a new player who started as a Romulan, and may decide to never play a Federation character would care about this fact?

Also, even after the Vega colony attack, why would the Federation make the attack common knowledge to the other factions?
Actually I wouldn't mind having the Borg attack on the Vega Colony be mentioned by D'Tan and the Federation delegates at Khitomer, as being part of the reason for a general lack of Starfleet presence in the area of Tau Dewa up until now.

The attack would be used as a reason for an increase in Starfleet ships being in the area, since they're now going to update their Borg early warning satellites in the Jouret System, to prevent future sneak attacks by the Borg.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Captain
# 265 Hakeev's eye injury
04-25-2013, 08:46 AM
In the tutorial mission were you fight the Tal Shiar, you are hailed a couple of times by Hakeev. The first hail, he has no eye injury, later he has, but I have seen him after that without his eye injury (not sure if it was the same mission or one that came after it)
Captain
# 266 Building on Crateris.
04-25-2013, 08:51 AM
I think is the second mission, the one were you get Veril, the Reman Bridge officer.

The buildings on Crateris are partly build in a huge arc like rock. Is that intended? From a contruction point of view it doesn't make much sense and I am asking because there are some maps (I am talking about the normal game on Holodeck) were buildings are placed on hill top terrain in such way that some building are just flaoting in the air.
Lt. Commander
# 267
04-25-2013, 09:05 AM
In the mission The Helix I spotted a text Error. When the tooltip about cloaking pops up it says you CANNOT cloak while in combat. Obviously us Romulans have passed beyond that pesky limitation. It was probably a copy paste error from the Klingon Tutorial. Needs a rewrite
Survivor of Romulus
# 268
04-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Hmmm, just started a sci toon and I seem to be stuck on 'Neutral No More'.

it directs me to the Beta Toridar system, but when I enter nothing happens, it stops there...

Fed: Eng (Five) Sci (Maelrock) Tac (Shen) Rom: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Lieutenant
# 269
04-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah I'm also having an issue with Neutral no More. KDF ally was chosen and now the Naussican pirate is friendly so I can't destroy him to progress.

[EDIT]

Seems off that my only comment in this thread is a bug report.

The missions have been amazing. I think it's the first time since release I've actually been compelled to stop and enjoy the environment. The effects, the ambient noise, and the feeling of excitement that these missions are able to bring is a first. The details, like the noise and sound of the unknown ship overflying the Reman colony you evacuate, and the Tal Shiar talking about calling down torpedo strikes just moments before one hits the ground in front of you; these things really just make the game for me.

Kudos to the team that worked so hard making all the little details add up to make an incredible overall experience. Thanks for all the hard work

Last edited by caocaopuff; 04-25-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Captain
# 270
04-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Others have probably already said what I'm about to say, but I'll still give my opinion.
I really loved the beginning of the Romulan Story arc, including the way we earn our BOFFs, they really feel like they are people, and not just random guys. They are part of the crew, and I don't want to dismiss them. It help to feel the Romulan have no others choice than to help each other or die. Your crew is a band of refugee, and yet, they'll do whatever it takes to protect their people.
I would have prefered to have Tovan Khev with a random name, looking for his sister Ranna (or whatever she is called), instead of a full name. Seeing a lot of Tovan running around in New Romulus or when grouping will feel weird.

I also loved the ship we can see above the colony, on the ground map, or the drone capturing screaming people. It was simply awesome.

The Crateris mission was also awesome, with Veril, Slamek, and most importantly, the "war of the worlds" kind of robot destroying the city in the background.

However, I want to change the appearance of my BOFF. Costume and physical appearance. You may want to disable it for Tovan, but not for the others.