Career Officer
# 71
04-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
I'd appreciate it if you guys could add the 26th Fleet to the list.
did you look at the first page? the 26th fleet was added a long time ago
Career Officer
# 72
04-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Just some questions, re: RP fleets:

1. Is a microphone needed, or can an RPer get by with just text?
2. Is there an ideal "level" for RPing, or can anyone, regardless of actual level, participate?
3. How regular is participation expected to be? Ie, is a fleet member expected to be involved on a very regular basis? I ask because real life will always be a constant factor for me, especially since I'm not operating with unlimited internet fees.
as far as The IND is concerned,
1) skype is very heavily encouraged; and yes, Team Speak 3 is a must when doing missions
- of course if your avatar is the opposite gender of you, then using a microphone to role-play would be a bit weird

2) For my fleets, yes. As long as you don't break character and start randomly mixing o.o.r.p. comments into it. So basically if you are going to make o.o.r.p. comments, during certain moments, stick with that. But if you are in the middle of role-playing with others and you want to ask an o.o.r.p. question, send a private message to somebody. That way everything is nice and tidy.

3) you don't have unlimited internet? who is scamming you? lol Well for the fleets that I am in (rp or not) if you are absent for at least a month or two every so often, then there is not much point in joining - especially a role-playing fleet.

BUT.....if your fleet is organized, then they MIGHT also role-play in the forum (which for somebody like you, with limited internet, would be ideal.) Of course I'm not sure which fleets listed also role-play on the forums. Role-playing like that, in STO, isn't as enforced as it is in Discovery Mod for Freelancer. In other words, STO, like Discovery Freelancer isn't role-play only. If STO WERE like that, it would very much accommodate people like you, without a doubt. But hopefully there should be a fleet here that could be a bit lenient if you are offline for long periods. I say that because too many fleets (rp or otherwise) have too much dead-weight that isn't active and/or doesn't contribute.

P.S. if you are in Toronto, I can recommend an excellent company that offers unlimited internet! PM me here on the forum is you are....

P.S.S. i know many people who are pretty good role-players on Bajor, among other places. So poke your head around in that system.
Ensign
# 73
04-24-2013, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
I'd appreciate it if you guys could add the 26th Fleet to the list.
I wouldn't waste my time with 26th Fleet people. They are led by ******* and douchebags.
Career Officer
# 74
04-24-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvaultxdwellerx3 View Post
I wouldn't waste my time with 26th Fleet people. They are led by ******* and douchebags.
Do they **** up everybody's rp experience like Star-fleet Dental? Or are you speaking about individual personalities?
Commander
# 75
04-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
Quote:
Do they **** up everybody's rp experience like Star-fleet Dental? Or are you speaking about individual personalities?
Different strokes for different folks, yes?

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Career Officer
# 76
04-25-2013, 05:34 AM
Hello role-playing fleets!

this is a bit off topic, but i was thinking of making a moderated channel where we can hang out and improvise star trek stuff in the ingame client...like something like

http://www.theimprovisedstartrek.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es8sov9ZT_c
etc.

and other things, and maybe the role playing fleets and its members may have interest in this concept of improvisation and off the cuff RP!

I have made a channel called ImprovRP and maybe if anyone is interested, come join and have a chat with me and maybe we can get a good thing going RP wise!

Doesn't have to be comedy, dramatists also welcome!
Captain
# 77
04-25-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerashari View Post
Hello role-playing fleets!

this is a bit off topic, but i was thinking of making a moderated channel where we can hang out and improvise star trek stuff in the ingame client...like something like

http://www.theimprovisedstartrek.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es8sov9ZT_c
etc.

and other things, and maybe the role playing fleets and its members may have interest in this concept of improvisation and off the cuff RP!

I have made a channel called ImprovRP and maybe if anyone is interested, come join and have a chat with me and maybe we can get a good thing going RP wise!

Doesn't have to be comedy, dramatists also welcome!
There's already STORP.ORG and STOIC for OOC and IC chat respectively. Had some pretty nice RP with them, and recently fought a pretty interesting emote war above Bajor. They -may- have blown up a Federation facility, but they lost a Kamarag, and their Bortasqu' and Hegh'ta took considerably damage, crippling our Armitage in the process of escaping.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Commander
# 78
05-04-2013, 03:34 AM
"Captain, ready for warp to first page."

"Punch it!"

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1 Playtester
Ensign
# 79 Roleplay Fleet
05-19-2013, 11:26 AM
I am currently looking for people who want to join with me and create a RP fleet. If anyone wishes to joining me, just message me at Captain_Shepard@democrimus. I'm open for any ides for what our Fleet's mission would be too. So just hit me up with ideas and such and we can have the Fleet underway once one is decided
Lt. Commander
# 80
05-31-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure what we did to this person but I would love to smooth things out if that person is willing to talk to me. We run a very mellow relaxed RP fleet. Just hit me up if you want to work this out mate.

http://26thfleet.enjin.com/home