Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Career Officer
# 11
04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymyajha View Post
and leveling up you can have access to your allies ships up to T5, where you can only use lockbox ships, lobi store ships, and Romulan ships.

Not true. A Romulan has access to any of their allied faction's T5 ships that are account unlocks. If you're a fed-rom and you have the Odyssey or Armitage, you'll be able to use them. Though why you'd want to when you have access to the sexy D'deridex is beyond me.
Career Officer
# 12
04-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Has there been any info on Veteran ships and new romulan characters?
Captain
# 13
04-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducklesworth View Post
Not true. A Romulan has access to any of their allied faction's T5 ships that are account unlocks. If you're a fed-rom and you have the Odyssey or Armitage, you'll be able to use them. Though why you'd want to when you have access to the sexy D'deridex is beyond me.
Incorrect. From the Dev Blog that discusses Romulan ship progression:

Quote:
Allied Ships (Updated!)

When a Romulan Captain chooses to ally with the Federation or the Klingon Defense Force, they gain access to a limited number of their ally?s ships. Romulan Captains can obtain Tier 1 through Tier 4 allied ships for Dilithium or in the C-Store, depending on the specific ship. Romulan Captains cannot command, nor purchase/ claim, Tier 5 (Rear Admiral, Vice Admiral, Brigadier General, or Lieutenant General) ships from the faction that they have allied with.
(Emphasis in original)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaxx View Post
Has there been any info on Veteran ships and new romulan characters?
There will not be a Romulan Veteran ship, flagship, or Scimitar at launch, but they're on the list of post-launch Romulan items.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Thank you everyone! Some of you have mentioned things I hadn't considered (like queue times). That's exactly what I've been hoping to get. Any other concerns/reasons why any of you would suggest Fed over KDF or vice versa?

Many thanks to everyone so far!
Career Officer
# 15
04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
I'm going KDF, and I have been encouraging our fleet members to do the same.

1) Ships that cloak. You get access to T1-T4 kdf ships, which most of the standard ones have built in cloak. As a Romulan, you will have Subterfuge as a trait, which can take excellent advantage of the kdf ships (should you decide to use their ships).

2) Fleet gear. Fed is phaser. KDF is disruptor. And the additional proc that come with the fleet weapons are better on the kdf side imo.

3) Access to faction specific consoles as already mentioned.

And one comment of the PVP ques. I think the numbers will be a little more balanced once people start rolling Romulans.

The only reason I can think of to go Fed is you are more likely to find a fleet with higher tier starbases. Tentative dev blog has put the iconic D'deridex as a T4 fleet shipyard unlock. You can always fly the regular D'deridex, but a 'fleet' version will require a T4 shipyard from a fleet. That said, the 44th is on countdown to complete its KDF T4 shipyard in less than a week, and we would welcome you if you are looking for a fleet. (yes, shameless plug I know). The only caveat is that we have a '1 fleet' policy - we want all your alts to be in the fleet, and your Fed alts to be in our Fed fleet.
# 16
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:

So, here I am. I want to come back. Optimally, I would like to make my Romulan ally with the Klingons, to get access to my already bought consoles. My hope is that Klingon-side support is finally there. I fear it isn't. What say you guys?

TLDR: Returning player with purchased Klingon consoles asks whether to ally with FED or KDF on his Romulan toon.
Well I'm going Fed.

1. I've got three-four toons worth of blue/purple Fed doffs.

2. Fed stuff is generally less rare on the exchange, making it somewhat cheaper.

3. Lots of fed boffs with rare skills I've got available to transfer.

4. My fed toons are in a rather active fed fleet that I'm attached to.

5. Feds have a much larger community. As such queues pop faster (PvE and especially PvP) and forming teams for activities such as Epohh tagging is much less hassle.

For me this basically makes feds grind light.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai