Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13,985
# 11
04-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloniah View Post
What Tac buffs? I'm an Engineer...
As an Engineer, you won't have access to the Tac Captain's Tac buffs.

Drunk doesn't run an Eng, he runs a Tac...

Willard the Rat, Klingon Science Officer
Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit (FT5U) - D'Kyr Science Vessel (T5U)
Hazari Destroyer (FT6) - Phantom Intel Escort (T6)
Benthan Assault Cruiser (FT6) - Hirogen Apex Battle Cruiser (FT5U)
Ensign
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 27
# 12
04-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Damn.

Oh well I guess I'll just be more utility then.

Side Note: Does anyone know if Starship Subspace Decompiler buffs the slow on Eject Warp Plasma? or if anything does?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 13
04-25-2013, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloniah View Post
Side Note: Does anyone know if Starship Subspace Decompiler buffs the slow on Eject Warp Plasma? or if anything does?
Nope. Decompilers generally affect stuns and disables, not snares and slowdowns.
Ensign
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 27
# 14
04-25-2013, 05:10 AM
Damn, thwarted again. What a shame.

Thank you for the info man, armed with this I've made some improvements. >

This is the most recent version of the build:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=engleveling_0

I'm about to start toying with the Lt. Tac ability since honestly Cannon spread with Single cannons is a joke. I'm thinking a plasma torpedo and torpedo spread might get the job done.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 15
04-25-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloniah View Post
Damn, thwarted again. What a shame.

Thank you for the info man, armed with this I've made some improvements. >

This is the most recent version of the build:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=engleveling_0

I'm about to start toying with the Lt. Tac ability since honestly Cannon spread with Single cannons is a joke. I'm thinking a plasma torpedo and torpedo spread might get the job done.
All turret build ? Why not singles in front at least. But overall, the build is odd...I mean, tyken on cruiser? That's outside of my area of expertise
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 757
# 16
04-25-2013, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloniah View Post
Damn, thwarted again. What a shame.

Thank you for the info man, armed with this I've made some improvements. >

This is the most recent version of the build:

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=engleveling_0

I'm about to start toying with the Lt. Tac ability since honestly Cannon spread with Single cannons is a joke. I'm thinking a plasma torpedo and torpedo spread might get the job done.
Erase Tyken's from your memory. Seriously.

Unless you're running Tyken's 3 on a Sci is 5 Flow Caps. And even then, don't even think about it for more than a second - the drain is pathetic and it's broken so that it doesn't get buffed by the Flow Caps.

Dump Aceton Beam. Pick up RSP or Aux to SIF instead.

You're also pounding out 4 Teams... any more than 2 is a waste. 1 TacTeam and 1 EngTeam is going to be maxing out your CDs as it is. Drop ET 1 and go for EPtW, or drop ET 3 and go pick up the Aux to SIF/RSP that you don't have from leaving Aceton.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,275
# 17
04-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I heard somewhere that plasma infuser consoles will soon stop buffing EMP as well as plasma torps. Is this true???
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,072
# 18
04-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
I heard somewhere that plasma infuser consoles will soon stop buffing EMP as well as plasma torps. Is this true???
its already true on tribble. they hate plasma fun aparently
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.