Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 54
# 61
04-25-2013, 08:24 AM
so still no answer on of bringing back my UN-NERFED mines yet? I hope yer keeping tabs on me Cryptic. Since you guys nerfed one of my 200 lobi items i haven't spent a SINGLE DIME on your game. Even with the new Rom coming out, I still will not buy squat. How does it feel to lose out on 120$ every week? It's been about 6 weeks & im sitting on YOUR 720$. Im very hard headed. I will not stand for a nerfed lobi item that i paid real money for. It's not like i grinded Dillithium & got the item for free. Oh hell no. I work for my stuff. NOTHING for FREE. But i understand. its pretty obvious where your interests are, Federation Escorts is your baby. A PvP crying sissy complains it's over powered then BAM, Nerfed cause some cry baby dont like a lobi item you can get from the lobi store. it didnt come with a ship so they gotta whine to mommy 'Oh it's OP, fix it mommy'. But hey, it's your lose. I spent alot of money in this game, i can understand that you dont want my money just to bow down to the Fed PvPers. I can take my money elsewhere. A new Star Trek game is coming soon following the movie, i think i will go spend your money on it. And some more good online games are coming soon i can spend your money on too. Then after those i may come back to see if you un-nerfed my mines. If so, i will spend alot of money here again, if not, your lose.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,951
# 62
04-25-2013, 08:33 AM
/RANT

lol

come on man get real.

You paid for an item that you KNEW was over powered.

You paid for it because it was overpowered.

If you have in fact played ANY MMO ever in the last 10 years.

You would know that if something is overpowered it will be corrected at some point.

You buy these items and Cryptic knows they are overpowered day one... they put them out there for you to drop money on... and you have to know at some point it is going to get corrected cause even they understand its game breaking. If you feel like you where taken because they knowingly gave you something OP with the unwritten understanding and a little wink that you can enjoy it for awhile until the balance guys catch up with the cashiers. Well I can understand that.

Just saying if you didn't understand how this stuff works... now you do.

Cryptics money guys release things they know are over powered to make money... at some point they KNOW that they are going to rebance them... but they sell them first and let you have some fun with them for awhile.

Its how it goes man... buy the next overpowered item... there is bound to be a ton of them come the romulan expansion. If you don't like the train ride... yes you are welcome to get off. I have played for 3 years... and have very rarely dropped real life $... why on OP items that will only be OP for a couple of months tops. Why bother... save your in game currencies to buy the cosmetic and fun stuff you want... and have fun. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 286
# 63
04-25-2013, 08:39 AM
would be nice to un nerf it a little.. those elite fleet shields are way too powerful anyway lol
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 64
04-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
You paid for an item that you KNEW was over powered.

You paid for it because it was overpowered.
of course when you say someone knew it was overpowered you also tell how you know that people knew its op and that made them buy

dont come with "its op because they bought it otherwise no one would buy it " because that means everything bought in this game is op.

also compared to temporal inversion s**t ,tachyon mines are and were a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urniv821 View Post
would be nice to un nerf it a little.. those elite fleet shields are way too powerful anyway lol
200 lobies for a useless item seems right to me lol
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,951
# 65
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
of course when you say someone knew it was overpowered you also tell how you know that people knew its op and that made them buy

dont come with "its op because they bought it otherwise no one would buy it " because that means everything bought in this game is op.

also compared to temporal inversion s**t ,tachyon mines are and were a joke.
Not what I was saying...

Also you can expect a nerf to the temperal field at some point as well....

I would suggest that the argument against a nerf to the field shouldn't be but but but I spent real $. lol

Yes there is plenty of p2w in this game that we all know is overpowered. There is no complaining when it gets a balance correction... cause anyone with a brain can see it coming.

An item that 100% strips someones shields 90% of the time... ya of course its going to get corrected.

The temp field... sure it will get a nerf as well.

You can be sure that a bunch of the romulan stuff is going to be broken as well and be way more powerful then it should be... and I I don't think any MMO vet will bet against half of the romulan items getting "adjusted" nerfed or what ever you want to call it 2-3 months after there released as well.

Its the nature of this stuff... and of course Cryptic knows its overpowered the day they start selling it. its how they sell them... and we all know its a limited time over powered item... and if someone didn't know that like our friend lordkratos1974. Well they learn.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,202
# 66
04-25-2013, 10:35 AM
It's difficult to tell what will get nerfed and what won't until the changes actually hit Tribble. Everyone has been crying for a JHAS / Bug Ship nerf since its release, and yet nothing has happened.

Concentrated Tachyon Mines were nerfed because its effect had a profound impact to combat as a stand-alone device. The mines did not need any other items or components to deliver their shield resist debuff, so they could be slapped onto any build and work their OP-magic, especially on all-canon escorts.

The Temporal Warfare set's Temporal Inversion ability is powerful but has a few strings attached:

1) requires 3 set components, and the Chroniton DBA confines users to anti-proton weapons for optimum performance

2) The Chroniton DBA has no accuracy, and as a result, it misses quite often

3) Running the Chroniton DBA prohibits all forward-DHC builds

4) AoE ability cooldown debuff works on all ships, but attack acceleration only works on time ships

5) The Mobius suffers from Ensign Engineer BOFF station syndrome like so many other ships, making it necessary to use one of the universal BOFF stations for another Engineer.


#1 above make it quite easy to counter-spec against Temporal Warfare quipped ships -- just stack antiproton defenses and you'll be fine
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 67
04-25-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
It's difficult to tell what will get nerfed and what won't until the changes actually hit Tribble. Everyone has been crying for a JHAS / Bug Ship nerf since its release, and yet nothing has happened.
check the steamrunner and all the new ships...it seems alot happened .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
The Temporal Warfare set's Temporal Inversion ability is powerful but has a few strings attached:

1) requires 3 set components, and the Chroniton DBA confines users to anti-proton weapons for optimum performance

2) The Chroniton DBA has no accuracy, and as a result, it misses quite often

3) Running the Chroniton DBA prohibits all forward-DHC builds

4) AoE ability cooldown debuff works on all ships, but attack acceleration only works on time ships

5) The Mobius suffers from Ensign Engineer BOFF station syndrome like so many other ships, making it necessary to use one of the universal BOFF stations for another Engineer.


#1 above make it quite easy to counter-spec against Temporal Warfare quipped ships -- just stack antiproton defenses and you'll be fine
so having a aoe subnuc like power (it screws up cds) with turn rate debuff and all the extra is fine?

and yes that dual beam hits alot when your ship is "parked" by that temporal inversion thingy.

also pvp in this game is not 1 vs 1.Try to fight against a team in which 2 people use that thing at the same time.Im sure you will survive in your "op" bug ship.

Last edited by adrianm63; 04-25-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 68
04-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Does the temporal cooldown on the 3 piece or the sci ship rewind work on captain abilities like SNB?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 69
04-25-2013, 11:39 AM
Pretty sure it does, if I remember my testing of it correctly (yes, I bought it just to test it)

While there is a moderate opportunity cost to run TI on an escort, there is literally zero cost to run it in a sci/wells. Either way it's too powerful -- the only true "I-Win" button in the game, worse even than siphon drones, and needs to be nerfed relentlessly.
Behold, The Jorf Guide
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,202
# 70
04-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
check the steamrunner and all the new ships...it seems alot happened .
Please elaborate... not sure what point you are trying to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
so having a aoe subnuc like power (it screws up cds) with turn rate debuff and all the extra is fine?

and yes that dual beam hits alot when your ship is "parked" by that temporal inversion thingy.

also pvp in this game is not 1 vs 1.Try to fight against a team in which 2 people use that thing at the same time.Im sure you will survive in your "op" bug ship.
Temporal Inversion's 10 second cooldown debuff isn't nearly as annoying as SubNuc's complete-buff removal + 30 seconds+ cooldown delays.

I PVP with a Mobius, and even with Temporal Inversion up on my Tac with the Accuracy trait, the Chroniton DBA still misses a lot. I usually have to tractor-beam targets to compensate, unless that target runs AP-Omega.

Lastly, PVP is what you make of it. It isn't always a gang-fest when private arenas are concerned. I frequently duel fleet mates 1-1 to hone and refine builds. If we can get more folks involved, even better... but when you play late hours, the PVP crowd isn't always awake en mass.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 PM.