Survivor of Romulus
# 2051
04-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusapark View Post
I keep skimming through this just incase it describes me glad I'm not on here yet!

Player of Kusa and Kusa Prime.
I hope you aren't the one that was on earlier in a big, fat Fed cruiser complaining about why my coke-can Torp B'rel kept blowing up "easy" all the while he was pew-pew-pewing the SAME nanite gen in the time I was able to destroy 2.

...would THAT be you, sonny?
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Captain
# 2052
04-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
Let me tell you something about common sense, and enlightened self-interest while I'm at it. I'll make this real simple for you, just to make sure folks at home can follow along. Consider this an act of charity, since I really have nothing whatsoever to gain from it.

Common sense tells us that while someone really ought to learn the STF before they try it on elite, the poor sap about which you're talking did it anyway. And you're stuck with the consequences. That, by the way, is a part of the "tragedy of the commons" -- feel free to look it up, but it's irrelevant to this post or the topic at hand so I won't discuss it here.

Common sense also tells us it takes maybe a minute -- if someone is slow on the uptake -- to explain what goes on in a given STF and how to beat it.

Common sense also tells us that instead of spending that minute instructing this poor sap in what to do, you spent...what? 15-20 minutes minimum? waiting for this little problem to "sort itself out".

That's 15-20 minutes of your time, not his. Against the one it spends explaining the damn instance. Facially, right there, you've already cost yourself 14-19 minutes or your time. How many other ESTF's could you have run in that time? One, two with a really good group?

Let's go with "one", since that's conservative. You did this, what, twice now? You cost yourself 2,000 dilithium, 200 marks, and 100-200K EC's because you didn't feel like taking a minute of your time to explain an ESTF to a random player. Moreover, since you didn't take that time you've put yourself up for further grief and lost time, dilithium, marks, and EC's if you run into this poor sap again in an ESTF...and everyone else who has to deal with it, themselves.

That's called "opportunity cost", you just frakked yourself pretty hardcore with it, and that's on your head. I can only urge you to read up on the subject more along with enlightened self-interest, at your earliest available opportunity.
The games cost me nothing they had still been completed maybe a few mins longer it is impossible to say. I am not a teacher and will not teach a idiot who has no common sense to follow the team and no common sense to stay out of elite missions they don't know about. I don't even know if he would of understood any advice I could of given him and I would hate to of given advice that does no good. I play missions a lot and wont teach people every time someone enters one without knowing what to do.

I have been in games before with people who said I am new to this mission and I will follow everyone. That right their is what someone should do at the very least FOLLOW THE TEAM.
Commander
# 2053
04-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
The games cost me nothing...
That's complete bullcrap. STF's earn dilithium, which is refined and trade-able for zen. Zen, of course, being RMT currency.

When STF's run longer than they rightfully should, especially inordinately longer, you're earning less dilithium per hour. Less dilithium per hour means less zen per hour, which means less dollars (well, cents) per hour. Time is money, literally in this game. When STF's run longer because you've chosen to not take on a leadership role and communicate, you've cost yourself. Doing that is against your self-interest: you're stuck with these people anyway, and it behooves you and the pursuit of your own self-interest to act in a manner that disadvantages you the least.

One minute to explain an STF, versus the 15-odd minutes you could be using to run another ESTF and thereby earn more dilithium. Your choice. Don't complain so long as you're not doing what is available within your own power to pursue your self-interest to its fullest extent.
Captain
# 2054
04-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
That's complete bullcrap. STF's earn dilithium, which is refined and trade-able for zen. Zen, of course, being RMT currency.

When STF's run longer than they rightfully should, especially inordinately longer, you're earning less dilithium per hour. Less dilithium per hour means less zen per hour, which means less dollars (well, cents) per hour. Time is money, literally in this game. When STF's run longer because you've chosen to not take on a leadership role and communicate, you've cost yourself. Doing that is against your self-interest: you're stuck with these people anyway, and it behooves you and the pursuit of your own self-interest to act in a manner that disadvantages you the least.

One minute to explain an STF, versus the 15-odd minutes you could be using to run another ESTF and thereby earn more dilithium. Your choice. Don't complain so long as you're not doing what is available within your own power to pursue your self-interest to its fullest extent.
The mission was still completed barely failing the optional. I was not going to sit their teaching common sense to someone wile the rest of my teammates are fighting the Borg.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2055
04-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
When STF's run longer because you've chosen to not take on a leadership role and communicate

And

One minute to explain an STF.
ROFLMAO

Somebody is in dreamland.

Empire Veteran
# 2056
04-25-2013, 12:00 AM
With my klingon toon on a Kar'fi Mk XII KHG

Cure Space Elite.

I said Qa'pla

Everyone said: Hi, heyo.

One said MRRML.

Everyone answered: "k"

One said: I take left.

Another one said: I protect the kang.

We went to the middle cube. Kill all nanites.

We went to the right. Kill all nanite. 2 killed the cube Last one helpt to protect the Kang

We went to the middle cube. 2 killed the cube. Last one give hand to the left.

All killed nanites and cube on the left.

We were happy. And we lost opts. Why? Because we forgot to hail Kang

But it wasn't important. We manged this eSTF really well and we were good team.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Captain
# 2057
04-25-2013, 01:17 AM
last time I tried to teach someone he said I am stupid, and dunno what I am talking about. I guess he was right, I am probably clueless on how these stfs work, and I do not want to teach anyone, as I dont want my ignorance to spread
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Starfleet Veteran
# 2058
04-25-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
last time I tried to teach someone he said I am stupid, and dunno what I am talking about. I guess he was right, I am probably clueless on how these stfs work, and I do not want to teach anyone, as I dont want my ignorance to spread
LOL

That's why all I usually say is HI. Many of the noobes get up to their second STF and they are a pro. They make VA in a week and they know the game inside and out.
Career Officer
# 2059
04-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
I hope you aren't the one that was on earlier in a big, fat Fed cruiser complaining about why my coke-can Torp B'rel kept blowing up "easy" all the while he was pew-pew-pewing the SAME nanite gen in the time I was able to destroy 2.

...would THAT be you, sonny?
Nope, I don't really say anything in stf's outside of R when ready, Go if no one else has and the generators are good to go for ISE or GG or surprise when certain things happen. Like no one aggros the TAC cube at the end of ISE.

Horrible experiences in other STF's pugging, I just stick with ISE.

Edit: And do other STF's with Fleet {UFP} ground or space.
Commander
# 2060
04-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
The mission was still completed barely failing the optional. I was not going to sit their teaching common sense to someone wile the rest of my teammates are fighting the Borg.
Hey, if you want to willfully act against your own self-interest in the name of complaining about a lack of "common sense", and unwillingness to learn to be a better player, I'm not going to waste my time trying to stop you.
Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.