Ensign
# 271
04-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Hey Cryptic loved everything about it but i need o have my romulans transporter FX back after the choosing a faction and the ability to put the first four Boff you get into positions in the Doff window
Starfleet Veteran
# 272 From the Ashes Arc
04-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Virinat:

1.The artwork is very nice!
2. The shooting gallery was a fun little extra.
3. Cut scenes are very pretty but hard to read. The voice overs will fix this I'm sure.
4. I'm a TOS ship fan, so thank you very much for the cool reveal cut scene with the warbird!

Helix:

1. Got the same weird zoom in then out when entering all the space maps.

Turning Point:

1. I'm really liking the new door animations for Klingons and Romulans!

Overall the first arc flows very nicely and I enjoy picking up bridge officers that you care a little about. The big decision over allies seems to be one sided. The Klingons are jerks, but they always are so you expect it. I felt that the Federation was worse than the Klingons in the mission. I made two toons so I could go Fed with one and Klingon with the other just to see the difference, but if I only had one toon I'd go with the Klingons after talking to both sides.

Thanks for letting try out the cool new stuff!
Lt. jg. Magnus Bjornson
Engineering/Alpha Squad
12th Fleet

Last edited by tyr4444; 04-25-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Survivor of Remus
# 273
04-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Here's my feedback for the tutorial through Neutral No More:

As other people have said, some of the starting cutscenes are too fast for the text. This is well known.

I feel that the choice to skip to the next part of the tutorial after the first day isn't clear enough. It should be made more clear that you're leaving, maybe with a confirmation like (are you sure you want to move to the next part of the story?).

The time you spend on the first day doesn't do enough to make you feel like part of the town, I thought. It was mostly just you running errands. While I understand that makes sense for the tutorial I think for the story it could be made to make you feel more like part of the community. Maybe you could have one or two more NPCs come say Hi and talk to you or something. Perhaps have an NPC come up to you "Hey <player>, here's that bottle of Romulan Ale I borrowed from you last week. My wife loved it and it was a perfect touch to our anniversary." <player receives a bottle of romulan ale>

Just little things to add to the atmosphere. It feels too much (at this point) like you're dropped in and just starting to get to know things when it all gets taken away.

Also I felt the story was a bit too "convenient" in places. Like oh surprise the Tal Shiar is here and then oh conveniently the Romulan Republic forces show up out of nowhere. Maybe during the attack you could have the player activate a distress call? Then the RR ship could show up and say "Hey <player>, we got your distress call, we'll help you fight the Tal Shiar." At this point they just seem to conveniently show up and then you side with them. It would feel more like they were saving you if you called for help.

When you are on Dewa 3 and scanning things, I think the path to travel in is slightly unclear; it should be made a little more noticeable on the minimap.

Not sure if it's still in the same arc, but during Crateris I attacked and killed the Sloggoth Cruiser that was coming in to take away the Remans. Unfortunately nothing happened because of it. The Sloggoth should be either unkillable or save the Remans if you destroy it before it gets away.

Last edited by tachyonharmonic; 04-25-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 274
04-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
Also I felt the story was a bit too "convenient" in places. Like oh surprise the Tal Shiar is here and then oh conveniently the Romulan Republic forces show up out of nowhere. Maybe during the attack you could have the player activate a distress call? Then the RR ship could show up and say "Hey <player>, we got your distress call, we'll help you fight the Tal Shiar." At this point they just seem to conveniently show up and then you side with them. It would feel more like they were saving you if you called for help.
It was your character that sent out the distress signal while on Virinat's surface, remember the bit where you take the batteries out of the marketplace camera and use them to power the console? That's you sending out the distress signal to which the Republic ship responds.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Survivor of Romulus
# 275
04-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shariala View Post
Thanks fr breaking that down for me. :^D lol I've been sitting on the bottom of Tier two Roomnie rep for a while, focusing on other things instead, so i had no yet seen that. Still even for something you'd be fighting at VA that is a little harsh, unless you're running at elite difficulty...
That's running at normal difficulty.
My Sci char tried that at Advanced (not even Elite). She would rack up so many injuries, I didn't have enough regenerators for her and all her boffs. She would die probably 10 times by the end of that one, after which I'd still have over a dozen injuries. I ended up having to lower the difficulty so I could do the Rom missions in a reasonable time (cut The Warehouse mission time in half). All the PvE missions in the game don't prepare you for those.

If you've done Tier 2, then you should have done the Mountain Pass. That was also somewhat difficult (the last battle), but still passable on Normal. I would say the next one is at least 5x harder.

But that also could be my lack of experience/skill.
Empire Veteran
# 276 bridge officers
04-26-2013, 01:32 AM
you need to keep reinstating bridge officers into slots in order to get their space abilities.
Captain
I think the ship tailor on New Romulus Command is wrongly placed. He stands on a side walk balcony on a desk. Looks likes he want to be on high places. Nevertheless you have to make a walk to get at him. Place him near the officer that lets you select your ship.
Captain
# 278 Bridge officer assignement
04-26-2013, 02:56 AM
Don't know if I say it in the right way. In the Doff UI you can assign your bridge officer to their respective departments. This is not possible on Tribble right now.
Lieutenant
# 279
04-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Sorry if its already been mentioned, but if you choose KDF ally your warp out color and transporter switch to KDF animation and colors. Not sure if it's on purpose or not..
Empire Veteran
# 280
04-27-2013, 05:32 AM
I love it but some of the text seems weak... like here:

The Helix: And trust me. You don't want that kind trouble. You'd be better off with the threat only.

But all in and all out I see many texts that lack interest and story... everyone sounds like they are going to die and they talk nervously. Try to make dialog more strong.

Tutorial: When the torpedo hits and your character flails, you are like 5 feet away from the person talking to you.. so mostly he was talking to the ground... took much away from story.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!