Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 111
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sack26 View Post
Sounds??? You're in space. There is no air so sound from an enemy ship could not travel at all.
Yes, you are correct. However if they did not have sounds in space then all movies that have space battles would not seem as good as they are because they would be completely silent until they showed what was going in inside the ships.
Lt. Commander
# 112
04-25-2013, 05:32 PM
I think alot of the weapon effects, particularly the phasers being super thick doesn't help. Not to mention all of the ability effects that show up on and around your ship. Ships in Star Trek never took long to destroy either, in the shows most of the time it only took a few hits to disable or destroy an average ship.
Commander
# 113
04-25-2013, 06:08 PM
I think most people would be upset if one or two torpedoes blew up their ship.
Ensign
# 114
04-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan5000 View Post
I think most people would be upset if one or two torpedoes blew up their ship.
In star trek that's what often happened. Besides that's what shields are for.
Captain
# 115
04-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariothebros View Post
I badly want to command my ship from the bridge! On second thought, not in my current Jem'Hadar Dreadnaught.
dunno bout you, but the only way i see that working is via some homeworld inspired tactical display for most ships.

sure for a bop or defiant you could possibly pull off a fighter view, but thats only because those ships basically are 'star fighters'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemberq333 View Post
Yes, you are correct. However if they did not have sounds in space then all movies that have space battles would not seem as good as they are because they would be completely silent until they showed what was going in inside the ships.
technologists already covered this irl.
when manned sub orbital fighter craft go up the onboard systems will simulate sound for the pilot.
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.

Last edited by skollulfr; 04-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Commander
# 116
04-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sack26 View Post
In star trek that's what often happened. Besides that's what shields are for.
I just watched an episode of TNG where a warbird hit the Ent-D three times and the shields dropped and she was a sitting duck....i am all in favor if making this more trek-like but they have to balance trek with being an MMO
Ensign
# 117 360? Battle
05-04-2013, 06:34 AM
Anyone who has played bridge commander know what 360? battle is like. Its cool. But is a bit of a mind ****, where finding targets is very, very hard. (ever turned your sensors off). It didn't feel very trek. But then again most battles in trek are quite honestly crap. Not to mention inconsistent with bad continuity. A galaxy class could kill its self by launching one photon without shields a close range, whilst later in another episode or series you fire a whole spread at a targets hull and it does nothing. So trying to make it trek like is very very hard, as everyone has seen at least a few different types of trek battle. Not to mention if they did make it more trek like, I for one don't want to have to wait a few hours for my shields to recharge (early - mid TNG), or be able to kill a tactical cube by my self in a science ship... wait.
Career Officer
# 118
05-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan5000 View Post
I just watched an episode of TNG where a warbird hit the Ent-D three times and the shields dropped and she was a sitting duck....i am all in favor if making this more trek-like but they have to balance trek with being an MMO
I'm guessing that it was "Tin Man", even then the warbird only fired off, what would be in game terms, several single cannon disruptor pulses. I can't imagine them allowing anything like that in STO.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 05-04-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 119
03-17-2014, 03:33 PM
Still bound to the horizontal axis.

"Parking Deck Space Combat"
This is Crypticverse...
Captain
# 120
03-17-2014, 03:46 PM
There's just too much spam on the screen at once. Too many lasers, too many pew pew's, too many torpedoes.... Toning that down would go a loooooong way.
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!
"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
RIP Sensor Analysis