Career Officer
# 1 Patcher stuck at 87.5%
04-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Trying to get into STO but the patcher is stuck at 87.5% and barely moving.

EDIT: Took Well over 20 minutes of the patcher being stuck but just completed.

Last edited by azurianstar; 04-25-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Captain
# 2
04-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Mine's at 88.7 and stuck... standby for updates.

EDIT: Never mind, perfectly OK now.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Rihannsu
# 3
04-25-2013, 04:00 PM
I've noticed mine do that from time to time, the main counter seems to get ahead of the received counter, I've found that if it stops like that, it will get going again when the MBs on the received part catch up with the main patch level.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
04-25-2013, 04:05 PM
If you encounter this, please press control+x and reply with what file is taking long to patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Had this happen to me, took me 45 minutes to patch...was stuck at 88% for about 30 minutes! It finally finished though!
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Career Officer
# 6
04-25-2013, 04:24 PM
I've noticed this problem too. The patcher would run through really fast in the past but since the last 4 patches it is awefully low. Didn't change anything and yet there is something weird with the patch server. For the first time I also got an "Connection lost" message today while patching.
Ensign
# 7
04-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If you encounter this, please press control+x and reply with what file is taking long to patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Possibly shaderCache.hogg, taking it's sweet time.

Also to add, same with aegon1ice mentioned, the last 3-4 patches have been like this.
Career Officer
# 8
04-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spockmuncher View Post
Possibly shaderCache.hogg, taking it's sweet time.

Also to add, same with aegon1ice mentioned, the last 3-4 patches have been like this.
FYI - it appears the files are taking a LONG time to decompress and write out to some players hard drives because here's what I've noticed:

In the <Ctrl>+<X> window:

shaderCache.hogg (or some other large file sits at 100% and you think the launcher is stalled; but it isn't. If you look at the status and it reads 'REQ WRITE' - it means after downloading, it's decompressing/writing the file to your hard drive - and as Cryptic games have expanded; the shaderCache.hogg (and some other files) have gotten to the point where they're actually taking a longer time to write out.

It also seems to tale a while to 'mirror' files too; and for some reason the first time you load a Cryptic MMO client (CO, STO, NW) after a patch the progress bar on the 'CRYPTIC' load screen gets to a certain point; and then takes a LONG time before it starts to progress again.

I have a feeling the first time you load up, the game is re-writing some cache files for whatever reason.

But, yeah, if you have a large file showing 100% downloaded; and the patcher appears stalled, it's because it's taking a long time to decompress/write out that particular file to your hard drive.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 9
04-25-2013, 05:03 PM
I had some trouble too with slow patching in the last few weeks. Sometimes it stalls for minutes and then continues very slowly.
Join Unrepentant!

Lieutenant
# 10
04-25-2013, 06:03 PM
the shaderCache.hogg is patching really slow for me too