Captain
# 81
04-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Did the person that mentioned it in bareel's thread provide attribution? Can't remember... but yeah, the Archived Post thing makes it rough. Unless somebody that said something was quoted by somebody else in the thread saying it - can't really say who said what when...meh.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Captain
# 82
04-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Did the person that mentioned it in bareel's thread provide attribution? Can't remember... but yeah, the Archived Post thing makes it rough. Unless somebody that said something was quoted by somebody else in the thread saying it - can't really say who said what when...meh.
No, unfortunately, mandoknight89 did not say who he got the information from.
Captain
# 83
04-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
No, unfortunately, mandoknight89 did not say who he got the information from.
I don't remember where I got it, either (some time during S5, I think... STOked, maybe? Or a member now known only as Archived Post?). However, the math added up when I did the calculations myself... still does. I have a Rare RCS Accelerator Mk XII (+37.5% turn rate) that I can put on my Assault Cruiser Refit (base turn 7). Using the -3 method, the expected returns on the RCS Accelerator is +1.5 turn (.375 * (7 - 3) = 4), which is what I get (no RCS, Borg Mk XII engine, 89 Impulse Thrusters, 55 Engine power: 11.0 deg/sec max turn. 1x RCS (+37.5% turn) slotted, no other changes: 12.5 deg/sec max turn).

The -3 isn't completely arbitrary, either. The three "extra" points of turn rate are intrinsic to all vehicles regardless of listed base turn rate, and is seen when your engines are either removed or you cut current impulse speed down to 0 (your various +turn items and skills do seem to have a minor effect on turn even at 0 Impulse, however, and this effect increases as you increase throttle up until you hit ? throttle).

I don't know exactly how base turn interacts with the Impulse Thruster skill, Engine power, and the engine slotted to determine your final turn rate, but I do know how the RCS Accelerator works with it under normal operating conditions (at or above ? throttle), and it does not involve the Impulse Thrusters skill, Engine power, or the slotted Impulse Engine.
Captain
# 84
04-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
I don't know exactly how base turn interacts with the Impulse Thruster skill, Engine power, and the engine slotted to determine your final turn rate, but I do know how the RCS Accelerator works with it under normal operating conditions (at or above ? throttle), and it does not involve the Impulse Thrusters skill, Engine power, or the slotted Impulse Engine.
Starship Impulse Thrusters (SIT), engine power (EP), and engine [Turn] modifiers (TM) all use the base turn rate (BTR) minus 3. On Holodeck, the turn bonus you get should be

(BTR - 3) * (0.38 * SIT / 99 + EP / 100 + TM).
Career Officer
# 85
04-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Starship Impulse Thrusters (SIT), engine power (EP), and engine [Turn] modifiers (TM) all use the base turn rate (BTR) minus 3. On Holodeck, the turn bonus you get should be

(BTR - 3) * (0.38 * SIT / 99 + EP / 100 + TM).

It seems the changes on tribble specifically removed the -3 from BTR but only for RCS consoles (TM).

The next tribble update should see the same being applied to SIT.

How would the formula you've posted be adjusted for that?

Commander
# 86
04-29-2013, 07:54 AM
just make it flat numbers instead of a percentage... dah ...
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Empire Veteran
# 87
04-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Flat numbers would be tricky to spread across Marks I - XII. The low-level ones would probably be utterly useless...oh, wait...
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lt. Commander
# 88
04-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
just make it flat numbers instead of a percentage... dah ...
I posted the idea somewhere else, but how about making a hybrid bonus, ie flat + percentage.

For example: a Very Rare Mk XII RCS console could have a bonus of 3 + 25%; an Odyssey would get a bonus of 3 + (6 * 0.25) == 4.5 total, while a JHAS would get 3 + (20 * 0.25) = 8 (coincidentally the same amount as that ship gets from the version of the console that's on Tribble now).

This would let slow-turning vessels get a greater percentage bonus from these consoles while giving more agile ships something comparable to what the current consoles give.
Vice Admiral Elaron, USS Sky Road
Captain
# 89
04-29-2013, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naevius View Post
Flat numbers would be tricky to spread across Marks I - XII. The low-level ones would probably be utterly useless...oh, wait...
They can just not be available at lower levels. Field generators and some other consoles don't appear until higher levels too.
Captain
# 90
04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
They can just not be available at lower levels. Field generators and some other consoles don't appear until higher levels too.
That changes on Tribble. There are Mk IV Field Gens...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel