Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 11
04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm a staunch believer in playing the game how you want to play.

Even if that means bringing the cheese.

I used to use AMS, Vent Theta, and Subspace Jumper.

Now I just use cloak, Elite fleet shields, and one SNB DOFF. Those would probably be the only objectionable things in my build (and I include mines in objectionable equipment). I chose to play this way so there would be no excuses when I beat them.

Even still, I do not feel it is my place to dictate how others want to play their game. If they want to play like me, that is up to them. And I am certainly willing to assist someone in making their build similar to mine if they want. If they want to use cheese, that's up to them as well. And, it's all the more sweeter when I still end up destroying them when they chose to bring the cheese.

Last edited by shookyang; 04-23-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Captain
# 12
04-23-2013, 03:45 PM
I want to encourage players--especially less experienced ones--to join up with what Pascal/Eryon is doing here. I had the privilege of learning PvP from him for about 3-4 months and he vastly expanded my horizons. Almost every time i team up with him I learn something new. He is not only a good player but a great teacher. The more people helping out newer players the better.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Commander
# 13
04-24-2013, 06:28 PM
I'll PvP with you but I'm done trying to fix Cryptic's game. I don't run hacks and I don't use bugs that need to be deliberately exploited with special techniques, rather than "bugs" that are "exploited" just by equipping an item or using a power. Aside from that, it's a broken, imbalanced, buggy game, but it's the game we have, and if I'm going to play it then that's the game I'm going to play.
Empire Veteran
# 14
04-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Thread updated!
Nova Aurora Polaris
- Nova Aurora Polaris -
@pascalb1
Captain
# 15
04-26-2013, 05:38 AM
I have an engineer that we don't use on the TRH side that I will gladly dedicate to this venture. Glad to see that Subu is on board as well--crazy sci-sci skills.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2013, 06:35 AM
PVP boot camp has been a fail so maybe this will work. I thought bootcamp was going to bring new blood into the q. PVP is dead in this game 30 minutes for a pop then its a 3 on 3 or 4 on 4. I have seen no improvement in the pugs gameplay or any new players.

Was bootcamp just a gimmick to take our minds off the real problem with the game wich is that the game is BROKEN. I guess pvp bootcamp was a success for some to make themselves feel special and important and for some podcasts to get some advertisement. As far as bringing new players into the q or making the pugs better it was a fail.
Rihannsu
# 17
04-26-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timejumpers View Post
PVP boot camp has been a fail so maybe this will work. I thought bootcamp was going to bring new blood into the q. PVP is dead in this game 30 minutes for a pop then its a 3 on 3 or 4 on 4. I have seen no improvement in the pugs gameplay or any new players.

Was bootcamp just a gimmick to take our minds off the real problem with the game wich is that the game is BROKEN. I guess pvp bootcamp was a success for some to make themselves feel special and important and for some podcasts to get some advertisement. As far as bringing new players into the q or making the pugs better it was a fail.
the state of the game is what it is. If you wish to assign blame, I would like to remind you of 3years of neglect, and a systems lead too scared to balance the game because of forum rage.

Bootcamp seems an odd target to assign blame to.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
the state of the game is what it is. If you wish to assign blame, I would like to remind you of 3years of neglect, and a systems lead too scared to balance the game because of forum rage.

Bootcamp seems an odd target to assign blame to.
I didnt blame bootcamp for pvp being what it is i said it was a fail at trying to save it. Maybe from an RP perspective of people being teachers and having studen lol its a great success but i dont RP. The fact is the queues are still dead and pugs still play like pugs.

The only thing i see is alot of time and resources being spent on merging RP with PVP. When cryptic should be using those resources to fix the game not trying to get more people to play a broke one.

Its like trying to sell a house you have an open house with garbage all over it everything is broken 400 people show up and you expect the bids on the house to come rolling in lol. Thats not how it works first clean the house fix the broken sink then invite the 400 customers to check it out.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
04-26-2013, 07:24 AM
Hey pascalb1 haven you cause enough damage to pvp with your attempt running a pvp tournament. please all feel free to listen go to the 28 min http://www.livestream.com/stokedradi...edium=ui-thumb

The problem is it the same 4 to 5 guys who want to run the pvp community. All with fail policies. I love pvp. I supported that major tournament. but you screw it up
Empire Veteran
# 20
04-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Really mate I was the one who created it. Talk to StokeRadio they will hopefully also clearify that. He didn't have the information he had afterwards.

Next time please ask other people before saying something like that mate.
Nova Aurora Polaris
- Nova Aurora Polaris -
@pascalb1

Last edited by pascalb1; 04-26-2013 at 07:49 AM.