Republic Veteran
Searching for BOFFs, DOFFs, and other faction restricted items is highly frustrating at the present time and will continue to be even more so with the introduction of Romulans and all the new and old players looking to the exchange for many items. This is something which should really see some programming time before LoR launch.

Separate by filter or if there isn't time for that, remove the other factions items from search please.
Captain
# 2
04-26-2013, 03:46 AM
Yes filtering by faction would be very handy, even now it can require scrolling through hundreds of bridge officers to find one of your faction with a certain ability.
Captain
# 3
04-26-2013, 10:11 AM
I will pull some hair out if LoR launches without adding faction-based searches for BOFFS and DOFFS.

Fleet Ship Modules should also be moved out of Data Samples which seems like a totally random place to hide them, but that's less pressing I guess. The faction search is really needed.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Republic Veteran
# 4
05-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Will this be addressed anytime soon or when LoR launches? Dstahl? CrypticCat? Anyone?
Career Officer
# 5
05-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Last time i was on tribble at the bottom there was a checkbox that said "Only show usable items"

Now theres not much on the exchange to test, but to me that means that you'll only see items usable for your characters faction.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Captain
# 6
05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Great improvement if true.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 7
05-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Just checked again, and yes it's there. It's a toggle to only show usable items.

I just tested it on tribble doing a blank search for bridge officers.

I saw Federation, Klingon and Romulan boffs with the toggle off. Turning the toggle on automatically hid the Romulans without having to search again. Klingons were NOT hidden.

Though interestingly, as a fed character i could buy and have romulans, which are hidden using that option, join my crew. but Klingons do show unable to join due to faction, but are not hidden.

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis