Career Officer
Just checked out the Romulan ship interiors and wow, amazing!

I just hope the Devs once S8 has shipped and settled down go back a update and spruce up the FED and KDF interiors.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-26-2013, 12:26 PM
We need a feature episode series set on fed and kdf starships so that cryptic and justify spending the development time on interiors that we can then use for our own ships.
Career Officer
# 3
04-26-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwstolemyname View Post
We need a feature episode series set on fed and kdf starships so that cryptic and justify spending the development time on interiors that we can then use for our own ships.
Now that's an inspired idea.
Captain
# 4
04-26-2013, 01:16 PM
I agree. I still stand by the idea that Cryptic could get an entire season (if not more) out of ship interiors.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
04-26-2013, 01:47 PM
They've commented that it's just "too many maps" but personally, I'd be satisfied if they just scrapped the layouts entirely, and gave us new crew/engineering decks on par with the Romulan ones. Bridges might be a lot of work, but a lot of progress could be made right there with just 2 maps for each faction.
Republic Veteran
# 6
04-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
They've commented that it's just "too many maps" but personally, I'd be satisfied if they just scrapped the layouts entirely, and gave us new crew/engineering decks on par with the Romulan ones. Bridges might be a lot of work, but a lot of progress could be made right there with just 2 maps for each faction.
fed bridges are rubbish expect for the Belfast and the tos bridge. which are very well done. can't say the same for the rest which are basic and ugly. kdf bridges seem fairly good or at least accurate the bortas bridge is I think the worse I've been on kdf. far far far too big and spaced out.

so now we come to the romulan default bridge. which clearly has got a lot of love. the team have done a great job with it. their hard work has shown some real quality on this 1

I was hoping they was going to need a reason to add shuttle bays to interiors and give a good reason to do some work on some bridges, shame it's not happened yet.
Career Officer
# 7
04-26-2013, 02:51 PM
I'd imagine they could achieve it by having a Fed/KDF ship stolen by someone (Undine, Suliban, Section 31?). It certainly could work as a featured episode.

Ep 1:
You and your boffs sneak onto the stolen ship (a shuttle mission, maybe some EV to sneak into an airlock to end it, also boffs get some nice usage again)

Ep 2:
Recon; a nice chance for improved hallways closer to what we saw in the shows (much like we were given with the Belfast and TOS interiors), and popular ship areas like sickbay, engineering, shuttlebay, maybe even new rooms like an armory or astrometrics, cargo bays or brig). Use astrometrics to figure out where the ship's headed, a canon Ten Forward/crew lounge as a beach head on the ship. Stars streaking past windows to show the ship's at warp.

Ep 3:
Sabotage; a focus on minigames to lower forcefields, mask lifesigns, reroute power (either for more atmospheric combat and flashlights, or even stealth if you so wish), plant viruses, and free those on the ship being held hostage.

Ep 4:
Retake the ship with some awesome combat on a canon bridge.

Ep 5:
Foil their larger plans (using the ship, like you do with Temporal Ambassador or Doomsday Device.
----
Career Officer
# 8
04-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strorus View Post
Just checked out the Romulan ship interiors and wow, amazing!

I just hope the Devs once S8 has shipped and settled down go back a update and spruce up the FED and KDF interiors.
feds dont just need a spruced up interiors, the fed interiors need a complete redesign. most fed ships ive seen in trek, their corridors are a lot more narrow then in game.

as for romulan interiors, its missing a darker green look with poorly lit up rooms in some places, others a bit more lit up, but not by much. still, its a good start.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Commander
# 9
04-26-2013, 03:49 PM
I want to see other starships thru my windows when I dock into spacedock and see people moving about doing their thing. maybe even spy upon some young lovers who were just trying to bang to the stars. the future ahhhhhhhh
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
04-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzagiow View Post
fed bridges are rubbish expect for the Belfast and the tos bridge.
Quoted for truth. I baught all of them and was not happy with what I got for the money. Textures arnt scaled properly over the geometry and often meet in ugly ways.

The gemoetry of the magority of the bridges include large steps down which main characters can fall and brake their necks when the camra shakes.

Even the galaxy class bridge which is largly good (minus some shody texture work) is ruined by two consoles, one on either side of the bridge, with big ugly drops down infront of them.