Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 39
# 71
04-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
So... Yeah. Mind Games. It's an interesting premise but it could benefit from some RADICAL overhauls. Remember: I'm tough because I love you. <3
I like this Idea
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 547
# 72
04-25-2013, 03:06 PM
I loved this mission arc. It started great, and just got better until it ended with the incredible "Mind Games" mission. I think that the writers deserve a big pat on the back, for the most part I felt like a Romulan. Sneaking about posing as Tal Shiar rescuing captives with hidden transporter beams in my disruptor? Sabotaging equipment on Hakeevs flagship? I enjoyed every mission immensely. There were however quite a few spelling and grammatical errors in the dialog. However, these concerns have already been voiced and hopefully will be addressed quickly.

I do have one question though, why not give us the full Tal Shiar uniform? There were many parts missing, is this for a C-Store release or something?
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Terrell-STO.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,307
# 73
04-25-2013, 03:17 PM
I also liked this part of the storyline, the borg cube was awesome, and well, everything was cool.
So I'll just point out the bugs and problem I've met.
During the first missions we are undercover. It's fine people like Janek think you can betray D'Tan, but Sela ? When you meet her in the end of Cloak and Dagger, you say "I'm Tal Shiar", and she is ok with that, and grant you a new title. I though my cover was destroyed, after all, Sela probably know who you are, and how unlikely you are to betray D'Tan. But no, she is fine with that.

During Mind Game, our "inner voice" seems to be Tovan Khev. But why not us ? It would have been more logical to have your own thoughs instead of Tovan. For a while I though it was some kind of dream, and Tovan trying to reach me.
Also, during mind game, you are asked to find various items in the sickbay, laboratory..., however, it's not shown on the map where is the sickbay etc... You may want to add some indication. It's a small ship we can find it, it's not a problem, but it could help.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 886
# 74
04-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
I also liked this part of the storyline, the borg cube was awesome, and well, everything was cool.
So I'll just point out the bugs and problem I've met.
During the first missions we are undercover. It's fine people like Janek think you can betray D'Tan, but Sela ? When you meet her in the end of Cloak and Dagger, you say "I'm Tal Shiar", and she is ok with that, and grant you a new title. I though my cover was destroyed, after all, Sela probably know who you are, and how unlikely you are to betray D'Tan. But no, she is fine with that.
This and her cryptic (no pun intended) warning to us in Cloak and Dagger leads me to believe she is not as with the Tal Shiar as we are led to believe. She seems to have her own agenda (I know SHOCKER there. ) that may or may not be counter to Hakeev.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,442
# 75
04-26-2013, 02:51 PM
I know I will get flamed for this but....

I liked Mind Game as a mission, but I thought that given the fact that this game is given a censors rating of PG 13 and that there are a large number of minors in this game the content was way above that level and that the content of the mission could be very damaging to people susceptible to that sort of thing even if they were above 18.

In particular the pretty graphic depiction of shooting your friend even though you didn't kill him and building the weapon of mass destruction to kill some Epohs.

Felt I had to say something about it even though I enjoy other games and films like that.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,701
# 76
04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
I know I will get flamed for this but....

I liked Mind Game as a mission, but I thought that given the fact that this game is given a censors rating of PG 13 and that there are a large number of minors in this game the content was way above that level and that the content of the mission could be very damaging to people susceptible to that sort of thing even if they were above 18.

In particular the pretty graphic depiction of shooting your friend even though you didn't kill him and building the weapon of mass destruction to kill some Epohs.

Felt I had to say something about it even though I enjoy other games and films like that.
No flames, I'm just wondering where the problem is. It's nothing you wouldn't see in an average TNG episode.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 403
# 77
04-26-2013, 08:23 PM
"Lieutenant Jane Frederick, Starfleet ID number 24601" I see what you did there! Clever, I approve.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,442
# 78
04-27-2013, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
No flames, I'm just wondering where the problem is. It's nothing you wouldn't see in an average TNG episode.
As I said, I like the mission. I don't think it's average level TNG though, some episodes were more graphic but attracted a higher censors warning.

Meh, I guess I'm just saying I think it's a bit graphic for the kids that play this game and I know a few that do.
I know it's technically "cartoon" violence, so I guess that makes it more ok, I just think there are a lot of themes in that episode that are more adult. That's all.

Other than the various spelling and grammar mistakes which seem to be riddling this episode series, I have no other problems with it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 180
# 79
04-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
No flames, I'm just wondering where the problem is. It's nothing you wouldn't see in an average TNG episode.
Your character is profoundly violated during this episode, stripped of agency and control over herself (and you of control over her). I found the episode deeply disturbing.

I also thought it was brilliant.

So... I'd hate to see it removed from the game, but a trigger warning in the mission journal would probably be a REALLY good thing. I have friends - with experiences that this episode would mirror to in uncomfortable ways - who I would definitely tell to skip this episode.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,307
# 80
04-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
No flames, I'm just wondering where the problem is. It's nothing you wouldn't see in an average TNG episode.
Fortunately (or unfortunately), torture and mass murder is fine for PEGI, but sex ? No. IE SWTOR, you can torture people all day long with lightnings, but no sex scene.
Honestly, I think it should be the contrary, as I don't mind my kid when they grow up know about sex, but I hope they won't use torture.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:02 AM.