Lieutenant
# 2061
04-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Join Hive Onslaught Elite - have 3 Tac Cubes in your face at spawn, right after joining.

Play or get penalty, meaning try again tomorrow. Awesome.
Captain
# 2062
04-25-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theodrim View Post
Hey, if you want to willfully act against your own self-interest in the name of complaining about a lack of "common sense", and unwillingness to learn to be a better player, I'm not going to waste my time trying to stop you.
Like I have been saying I am not a teacher and I won't teach common sense. If someone has no common sense to follow the group I predict a painful process for me to try to teach it to them. I wont go through that process in the middle of a game and leave the rest of the team fighting the Borg.

All I hope is that the person learns from their frustration and stops entering elite missions they have no clue about. Usually such people don't enter the same mission again until they have some clue of what to do so that lesson has been working real good in the past until that one time.

Their has been times in some mission people do stupid stuff like destroy a Cube early in The Cure Found (Elite) after people have told them don't destroy it yet. I see a lot of other people ignore what people say in missions. In Khitomer in Stasis mission their is a trick to lure Borg to the starting room allowing you to kill them before the optional counter starts and someone says wait I will lure the Borg to us and guess what happens 90% of the time? Someone ignores what is said and runs to the Borg starting the countdown.

Their are a lot of reason I don't try to teach people in elite missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2063
04-25-2013, 02:00 PM
I have to laugh at ******** about somebody when it sounds like something as simply as "Hey, stick with us." would have probably solved it.

Destroying a cube early, accidents happen. Hell one time my birds of prey killed one when I was playing a carrier. Fun match seeing as 2-3 people started throwing a complete and utter fit about it while we ended the mission with the Kang taking zero damage and the optional easily gained.

Those 'tricks', well again, sometimes it's accidental, other times who knows.
Captain
# 2064
04-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalavier View Post
I have to laugh at ******** about somebody when it sounds like something as simply as "Hey, stick with us." would have probably solved it.
If I know that is all it takes I would say it but considering how stupid someone is not to know it in the first place I don't think that would be enough.
Captain
# 2065
04-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Do what I do. Post something in local, team and zone chat and then send a pm or two a few seconds later if no response. You'll know he's doing it on purpose (or just plain dumb) if the player continues to act against the team so promptly add on ignore list .
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard

Last edited by deokkent; 04-26-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 2066
04-26-2013, 01:17 AM
My worse was last week, we started with only four players in a Elite Infected Conduct, my son and I, a Engineer in a Kumari and another Federation player I can't remember what he was flying.

Well the guy in the Kumari had absolutely no idea what he was doing after I explained to him about the 10% generator method. He still blew them early, which I wasn't worried about. I told him next time to try the generator rule and how it makes the mission a lot easier. He then had the nerve to have a go at me for the ship I was flying. A few minutes later he was off in nowhere land taking on a sphere. Realising this was going nowhere the rest of us bailed on the guy. Something I have never done before, even in bad situations I stick with the team and thank them for the game.

He was added to my ignore list, I hope he learns how to do the easiest Elite STF very soon for all the other players he ends up in a team with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 2067
04-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Just finished Infected: The Conduit (Elite) and someone attacked the right side wile the rest of team was fighting on the left side and it ruined the optional.

I am starting to think people are doing stupid stuff to annoy people more then actually being stupid.
Ensign
# 2068
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Quote:

Technicolor beams aren't appreciated...)

And or Rainbow lazors.

Pick one seriously. I haven't heard anything good about someone who cant make up there mind on a weapon type. it doesnt matter what you want to use just pick 1 type and use it.

It also greatly reduces your damage out put to use a bunch of different types of weapons.

With that Said I can honestly say I'm not worried about going into an STF and getting the bonus. What does bug me is people who sit in the middle and kill random pointless entity's instead of doing the objectives.

The objectives are right there on your freaking screen, Im in an STF to run it as fast and comfortably as possible not to sit there and explain every little thing to you, Thats what Google and the millions of YouTube/other walkthroughs/guides are for.

If you couldn't be bothered to learn a little something about your game in this case, STO or what ever your current Mmo. You deserve every bad word, every name, every little bit of being picked on your getting.

Its not a Solo mission when you do an STF or Dungeon or something in a team.
its a TEAM effort and your lazy/stupid/ignorant butt sitting there using up time that some of us just don't have to waste, really gets on our nerves.

"I'm new to this" is a lazy and very poor excuse, Theres more then enough places to learn what you needed rather then just drop in and waste every body's time.

Also another big Gripe of mine, If you don't know what your doing Please for the love of god stop using Torpedo spreads, Fire at will and the like and hitting tons of enemy's in an STF when you should just be single targeting.

Your pulling every thing and were gonna end up leaving and not get any marks.
Empire Veteran
# 2069
04-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
Just finished Infected: The Conduit (Elite) and someone attacked the right side wile the rest of team was fighting on the left side and it ruined the optional.

I am starting to think people are doing stupid stuff to annoy people more then actually being stupid.
I had that a few days ago as well. Except two people did that while the rest of us were doing the standard way of going left and using the 10% generator method.

It can be annoying, I often think there should be some pop-up that is required to be read before starting a ESTF where it outlines the go left and 10% generator method before starting. Most people just dive in and don't have a clue that doing an Elite is not always the same as a Normal difficulty STF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Lieutenant
# 2070
04-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Played a CSE The other Day and some Imbecile in a Galaxy Dreadnought was in The process of prematurely blowing one of The Cubes! and I said in Chat do not blow The Cube! and His reply was wtf are you talking about? he blew The Cube prematurely The Stf ended in Failure. and he had The Audacity to call us all idiots! I sent him a scathing PM Message and then put him on My ignore list!