Republic Veteran
# 51
04-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonerussian762 View Post
I agree, and what if someone doesn't even know if they are a8using something, may8e they think its just the true mechanics of the game, and then suddenly they are 8anned for no reason?

They know they are exploiting it, you don't just fall into it, you have to go out of your way to do it.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Survivor of Romulus
# 52
04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
I am pretty sure the peeps who got millions of dilithium within a few days. knew full well that it was taking the proverbial.
It has also been well documented that previous types of these exploits were not allowed.

If you did take part, and I am not talking about doing it once or twice here. Then you took your chance and lost....

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Commander
# 53
04-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Don't take advantage of an exploit, and you won't have problems...when you see an exploit you're suppose to report it and move on....not use it till they fix it.
Well, now I feel bad for using the Adapted M.A.C.O. Phaser Pulsewave Rifle and human bridge officers.
Rihannsu
# 54
04-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Give me break. When you get 30,000 Dilithium for something you know is only supposed to give you 480 you clearly know you're abusing an exploit.
Just speaking about rewards, is it listed anywhere what the dilithium per minute rate of a foundry mission is supposed to be? I'm pretty sure I've never seen it, so I can only guess based on the foundry missions I have done. But you see, I can't do that either, since foundry rewards aren't based on my play time, they are based on the average of the play time of everyone before me. So, while 30,000 from one mission might seem out of line, I wouldn't really know, would I? Just talking in general about foundry mission rewards.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 55
04-26-2013, 02:44 PM
On the subject of the Foundry expliot. Since I have done a few foundry missions for dil, and still don't know what anyone is talking about (I know there is/was an exploit, but what it is exactly or how to replicate it is still a mystery), it clearly isn't something that can just be fallen into.

If you actively seek something out, you really are going to have to be ready for those consequences and the reality that you may not like them.
Super Moderator
# 56
04-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Captains, may I point out that any and all discussion of exploits is being met with a wary eye and a hand on the banhammer?

Please cease and desist discussing it in any way, shape, or form. Especially do not discuss the mechanics of it.

I'm not threatening. I'm saying this because I'd hate for folks to get banned from the forums when it could be avoided by simply not talking about it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
04-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Give me break. When you get 30,000 Dilithium for something you know is only supposed to give you 480 you clearly know you're abusing an exploit.
How do you know what a mission will reward until it rewards it in the foundry?

i have played missions that took an hour for me but since a bunch of people got through it in 30 minutes it only gave me 320 dil. another mission that took me 30 minutes but others stretched the average to 1-2 hours it rewarded 1440.

so clearly stretching the average time is also an exploit and an exploit is an exploit.

Maybe dilithium rewards in the foundry sould be a flat 480 regardless of time in mission or none at all.

Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009! :smile:
Career Officer
# 58
04-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewkes View Post

i have played missions that took an hour for me but since a bunch of people got through it in 30 minutes it only gave me 320 dil. another mission that took me 30 minutes but others stretched the average to 1-2 hours it rewarded 1440.

so clearly stretching the average time is also an exploit and an exploit is an exploit.

Maybe dilithium rewards in the foundry sould be a flat 480 regardless of time in mission or none at all.
This is more complicated than that. Nobody will do this on that scale accidentally.

I know what it is after talking to some people who confirmed some suspicions. Actually, somebody started to tell me and, five words in, I figured it out.

I won't discuss what it is. It will get you banned. Better to drop it. Playing any one standard Foundry mission will not get you in trouble. This is a trickier exploit than that and a coordinated effort that nobody will do accidentally.
Captain
# 59
04-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewkes View Post

I guess you can have that discussion with your attorney when you try and sue Cryptic for kicking you off your account.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.