Survivor of Romulus
# 11
04-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandojimenez View Post
Do you have friends playing STO? Don't ofense but I have friends who want to play Fed Romulans, I will play KDF romulans, have you seen our problem?. We have different faction now. STO is not just end game so we have a different point of view about this game my friend.
OK I'll admit I look at things the way I do because while I have lots of friends who play this game, we don't tend to group. We socialize while playing separately.

It's your choice to roll that way when you know your friends are going another way. It might make it hard on you, but that by itself doesn't make the Romulans not a faction. You might say it makes them two factions actually.

And really, what does it matter whether it fits anyone's definition of this particular word. They're not going to change this major design decision this late in the game.
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!
Rihannsu
# 12
04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
last time I looked fed/kdf could not make per made teams so ya stf's are out so think this will also count for rom fed's/kdf
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Lieutenant
# 13
04-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildweasal View Post
we are all dumber for having read this
Typical Fed response, thanks, the borgs are not the real enemy in STO, some feds players are .
Captain
# 14
04-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
but we don't get are own kits fleets and not talking about starbase's we are addons to fed/kdf end of story
I will convince them to give you romulan fleets the day you will grind for my romulan fleet and get it to t5 alone.

you seem rich in dilithium and time to grind marks .

Last edited by adrianm63; 04-26-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Rihannsu
# 15
04-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
I will convince them to give you romulan fleets the day you will grind for my romulan fleet and get it to t5 alone.

you seem rich in dilithium and time to grind marks .
nah im good my fleet The Tal Shiar is doing well I don't need to take on another
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Republic Veteran
# 16
04-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Quote:
last time I looked fed/kdf could not make per made teams so ya stf's are out so think this will also count for rom fed's/kdf
Yes they can, set up a private STF and you can have KDF and FED premade, same with PVP.
Career Officer
# 17
04-26-2013, 10:13 PM
You can't say Naked...!!! This game is rated Teen...

Also, I think you're wrong.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Lieutenant
# 18
04-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Oh, well, I think Feds players should be happy, STO is a Federation game, KDF and Romulans don't expect your support, Feds players don't need anymore, you have it all or you will have it all, next?, plasmodic leech console. Romulans are just an accident, an exotic accident. You don't need more sub faction (KDF) or sub sub faction (Romulans). This is your game, enjoy then.
Empire Veteran
# 19
04-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Here is an odd takeaway from the OP... Why not make Feds and Klingons able to team together and go to each other's home bases and the like? I mean... Are they seriously at war? They fight together against the Borg, Tholians, Mirror Universe, and maybe in the future the Iconians. They are helping the Romulans together... The fact is I have not seen any actual Klingon war with the Feds for a LONG time. Even in the Klingon Fleet missions do you really see Feds? You see Mirror Feds and Rival Klingons... Why don't you see tons of Fed ships? Because the War is a joke.
Career Officer
# 20
04-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Q: (originpi) Will Romulans who have selected Federation allies and Romulans who have selected Klingon allies be able to join Teams together? If so, which allies (if any) would also be able to join the team?

STO Team: Due to the way that teams and open teams function in Star Trek Online, once a Romulan selects an ally, they will not be able to create a team with another Romulan who chose a different ally unless they are in an event queue.

What this means is that Romulans who have selected different allies will be unable to team for specific episodes in the Romulan storyline, but will be able to team for events and fleet actions where cross-faction teaming is allowed.
its put then i could put it, straight from the horses mouth. outside STFs and Events? no and inside is a yes, cross faction romulans can team together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernandojimenez View Post
Oh, well, I think Feds players should be happy, STO is a Federation game, KDF and Romulans don't expect your support, Feds players don't need anymore, you have it all or you will have it all, next?, plasmodic leech console. Romulans are just an accident, an exotic accident. You don't need more sub faction (KDF) or sub sub faction (Romulans). This is your game, enjoy then.
Romulans are a long lost sub faction of the Vulcans, they will always be the 'also ran' faction because they dont do anything for the quadrant unless their interests are involved, where as the feds and kdf would do what they had to to secure the alpha quadrant within reason. so yes the romulans are an accident, an accident of circumstance as always . see if they can get themselves involved in external matters more, they may prove to be more useful then the filler to a crack in a wall.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.