Empire Veteran
# 31
04-27-2013, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lykum View Post
k'vort heavy cruiser for engies, fek'ihr class as seen in Starfleet armada for science, aaaand something bigger than a raptor but smaller than a bortasqu for tac cappins?
Problem with the Fek'lhr from Star Trek Armada is that it was created by Mad Doc/Activision and Cryptic might not have the rights to it. It's a nice ship, in fact I have been modding and modelling for that game since 2001 and I'd love to see it appear in STO, even as a science vessel.

A image link for the less informed.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...lhr_armada.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 32
04-27-2013, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
Problem with the Fek'lhr from Star Trek Armada is that it was created by Mad Doc/Activision and Cryptic might not have the rights to it. It's a nice ship, in fact I have been modding and modelling for that game since 2001 and I'd love to see it appear in STO, even as a science vessel.

A image link for the less informed.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...lhr_armada.jpg
Yeah, I remember flying the Fek'lhr-class battlecruiser in Star Trek Command III. I'd like to see it in game in a modified sense. Maybe rename it to avoid confusion with the Fek'lhri ships and so on. A nice sci-heavy battlecruiser would be a welcome addition to the KDF battlecruiser line. Either that or a tanky raptor/destroyer/battlecruiser-raptor hybrid.
Commander
# 33
04-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Oh plenty of ways around the law, gotta love loopholes, and yes. If I remember correctly the fek'ihr is actually named AFTER those creepy floaty things in STO. Exception being that they were mythical creatures? anyway..
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
Career Officer
# 34
04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Oh plenty of ways around the law, gotta love loopholes, and yes. If I remember correctly the fek'ihr is actually named AFTER those creepy floaty things in STO. Exception being that they were mythical creatures? anyway..
Not sure how they are supposed to get around this rule.
I remember one of the "Ask Cryptic"s was very specific:
They don't have the license to any ships from other game companies.
[NOTE: the Vesta was not created by a game company and it still took over a year of negotiations to get it in]

Also, the Fek'lhr is not named after the creatures from STO, it's named after...Fek'lhr from "The Next Generation".
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Fek%27lhr

The Fek'lhri were based on these guys:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Fek%27Ihri

who might or might not be related to the former.
Commander
# 35
04-27-2013, 02:59 PM
just make a similar skin with a few differences here and there and put a new name on it. remember reading the part about the fek'ihr class being named after a mythical creature. not sure where I got it from though.. it was a long time ago. =P

Also: Good idea to just give activision a percentage of each sale. I mean it's not even being used for anything right now.
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

Last edited by lykum; 04-27-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: update
Commander
# 36
04-27-2013, 03:02 PM
ty btw for the links, was wondering what the relationship was between the ship class and the actual race.

Captain
# 37
04-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Quote:
just make a similar skin with a few differences here and there and put a new name on it. remember reading the part about the fek'ihr class being named after a mythical creature. not sure where I got it from though.. it was a long time ago. =P

Also: Good idea to just give activision a percentage of each sale. I mean it's not even being used for anything right now.
Yes, the Fek'lhr is the guardian of Gre'thor. It's not quite the equivalent of the Christian 'devil', though.

The Fek'lhri (which we have a story arc about) were demons that were supposed to have originated in Gre'thor.
Career Officer
# 38
04-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Quote:

We already have such a ship, the Vor'kang skin certainly qualifies.

It's probably not that simple regarding the rights to those ships, otherwise Cryptic would have already done it.
Or any game company would do it yet not even SFC3 had any of Interplay's designs from SFC2 due to this legal problem.
Remember that different game companies means competition and thus "would you give your stuff to your enemy, or would you leave it to rot?"

Quote:
ty btw for the links, was wondering what the relationship was between the ship class and the actual race.
My pleasure.