Career Officer
# 11
04-26-2013, 12:25 AM
it was hinted at by troi who scanned armus mind with her empathy that armus was abandoned by his own kind, that armus himself states he is a skin of evil and the others abandoned him because of it. the others were apparently different then he was.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T5 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T5 ship.
Captain
# 12
04-26-2013, 12:26 AM
There is still the chance, as... how many years has it been since that episode of TNG?
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voth Guy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Career Officer
# 13
04-26-2013, 12:28 AM
Yar died 2364, so 45 years.
Captain
# 14
04-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Hehe... yup. Plenty of time to run into another Armus somewhere.
Now we just need a model, an AI build for it, a mission, and some peeps to shoot the slimeball.

Maybe one of the mechanics in the action would be having Armus capture one of the players and torment said player every once in a while. And based on responses Armus could get either a buff or debuff.

The possibilities are there. Someone just needs to figure out how to set it up. The floor is open for more ideas on how a fight with Armus can be set up. Ideas?
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voth Guy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
04-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler2 View Post
Who's to say Armus was the only one of his kind?
Anything that is the only one of its kind has value... A world the federation wont allow to visit because of a rare one of a kind life form?

Sounds to me like a plot involving ferengi smugerlers.
Career Officer
# 16
04-26-2013, 01:51 PM
i have misgivings about this mission design, tormenting a soul that is already in its own torment, thats hardly starfleet values by killing it and even klingons would want armus to put up a fair fight.

im thinking of it more then just a shoot out on the ground, but rather a mission that everything thinks armus is upto something, almost as if the proof is exactly what it appears, armus in his usual adversarial mannerism protests his innocence, yet no one believes him until a piece of evidence is found by accident and armus was infact setup to be killed and a rescue to save the monsters begins, perhaps even turning the monster from a hate filled tormented soul into something different? its an idea by highly unlikely with the last part.

nothing stating that big events cant involve teams of players of cross faction doing what is needed to take down enemies and fight competitively for score by knocking out the most, get the target, knocking out more then defend against waves of enemies income and a big boss at the end.
Career Officer
# 17
04-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Armus' story is one that needs some closure.

Other ideas for ground events:

An encounter with Tamarians at El Adrel, pitting captains against that cloaked creature that Picard and Dathon had to kill. Melee only perhaps?

A Q encounter where captains are pitted in combat against viscous animal things.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Captain
# 18
04-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Hmmm Armus as a ground action? Yea I could go for that, maybe do a series to with at the end of an episode Armus gets a hold of a shuttle so he manages to escape, into space..... We know from the episode that he wants off that planet and the shuttle was destroyed by the Enterprise...

ORDEROFPERSISTANCE CHATCHANNEL Album of my S8 Crash sigs. Free use to any who want them!
http://s179.photobucket.com/user/fis...line/s8%20sigs
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
04-27-2013, 01:28 AM
For a one-off baddie created purely to kill of Yar, Armus had a pretty interesting backstory, almost mythic. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Hmm... Armus claimed he was the cast off evil of a race of 'titans'... maybe some sort of connection to one of benevolent powerful species in Trek? The Organians, maybe?
Rihannsu
# 20
04-27-2013, 03:50 AM
You do know of course if they released anything involving Armus they need Denise to do some voice over for the mission, maybe an intro thing.
"If you didn't want to get yelled at by a bunch of crazy nerds you shouldn't have posted on the forums"
"Bacon tastes so much better marinated in vegan tears"
Better dead then Fed!