Lt. Commander
# 31
04-27-2013, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboholic View Post
By Dstahl's own admission, once you pick an ally, you are no longer considered part of the same faction, you become nothing more then a sub-faction of the other 2 (Just with a few shiny bells and whistles to make you look different).
I really hope they plan on changing that later. We definitely should be able to make cross-faction teams in adventure zones (Nukara, Defera, New Romulus, etc).
Career Officer
# 32
04-27-2013, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calamintha View Post
I really hope they plan on changing that later. We definitely should be able to make cross-faction teams in adventure zones (Nukara, Defera, New Romulus, etc).
Agreed, although if Romulans are a faction then there should be no cross-faction restrictions on them at all, with the exception of any missions they do to help their allies.

Unfortunately at the moment it seems the game tags you as either Fed or KDF first and Romulan second.
Commander
# 33
04-27-2013, 04:22 AM
In defense of the OP...

We all have a line that determines for us whether the Romulan experience can be considered a complete faction. Most of us have a far more nuanced position that takes into account more than one facet of the game, but when its all said and done we all draw our line somewhere.

I don't consider them a complete faction because, despite having exclusive ships, and an exclusive leveling story, they don't have an exclusive DOFF system. That's 20 missions a day, in lore it will be the majority of what my crew does, will be missions done for the KDF.
Career Officer
# 34
04-27-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboholic View Post
OP I completely agree with you.

When you drill past all the fluff (Ships, missions etc.) at its core this will still be a 2 faction game, Red vs Blue, there is no Green team.

By Dstahl's own admission, once you pick an ally, you are no longer considered part of the same faction, you become nothing more then a sub-faction of the other 2 (Just with a few shiny bells and whistles to make you look different).

If the Romulans are a third faction, why do they need cross-faction teaming permissions to play together? Neither the KDF or the Federation have this restriction. Yet the Romulans are being divided by the line that separates the Federation and KDF into factions.
bingo I may have been wrong about just fed/kdf per made but I was not wrong on romulan so again bingo
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Career Officer
# 35
04-27-2013, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Romulans aren't a faction. They are two who share much of the same content. Saying that they are just mercenaries for KDF and Feds is unfair since they have an exclusive storyline and don't simply play missions of the other faction. The split is unfortunate but not really that bad. If you want to play with your friends you have to decide which faction you want to play. Or heck, you don't even have to decide. Leveling goes so quickly you can easily do one for each subfaction. I'm going to do a Federation Romulan with a T'Varo and a KDF Reman (if their women get proper noses, otherwise maybe a liberated Borg Romulan) with a T5 Valdore.
I agree we do get a story but its a back story that leads up to the first FE of the romulans and dan said he did this to not segment the player base and this is what he is doing to the romulans
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Republic Veteran
# 36
04-27-2013, 04:47 AM
This is why I think the Typhon Pact story would have been better suited for STO. First you pick your alliance, then your faction. Each faction would have had unique stories up to about lvl 30 then go from there. Oh well, I still love tye way STO is growing.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
04-27-2013, 07:55 AM
No nakedness.

Son, I am dissapoint!

Fed Eng (Main). Fed Sci. Fed Tac. Rom Sci (KDF)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day