Captain
Has anyone tried to make a string of missions based on the Genesis/Super Nintendo game? If not, I might try taking a crack at it.
Commander
# 2
04-27-2013, 04:15 AM
No but sounds good, Tell me when your done!

I'm doing a series called Tempus for those who have a Timeship and/or Temporal Uniform.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 3
04-27-2013, 11:49 AM
I am currently using several youtube.com videos of the game to collect the character dialogue and other pertinent information. The down side to this is that I must use the choices the player in the videos used. I will try to dig out where I place my copy of the game so that I can possibly allow choice in the dialogue options as the Genesis version did. This may take a while, I'm afraid.

As a heads up, I will endeavor to stay true as possible to the original game. However, some modifications will be made. Examples include:

-Each single enemy NPC will be represented with an enemy group. Since STO has much more flexibility and customization, I will have to increase the number of enemies to make the combat more difficult. This will be less of an issue for space combat than it will for ground.

-Since the Remans were not yet revealed, I will likely add some Reman NPC groups to the Romulan NPC group groups. So as to remain true to the game, I will place most of them on the periphery, and killing them will be optional rather than mandatory; it will be possible to play my versions without even encountering them.

-Some of the non-traditional ships such as the Eunacian ship will be rendered using generic NPC ships in the Foundry. As much as I would like to, this is one issue that cannon be overcome unless Cyrptic/Perfect World gains rights to some of the material that was in "Echoes of the Past/Future's Past."

-The NPCs are interacting with the Enterprise-D crew. I will modify the dialogue so any instance of "Enterprise" is replaced with the Foundry code indicating the player's ship. The same will go for references to "Picard". For now, in any references to rank, I will use the coding for the player's current rank.

-The main storyline will remain in order. However, I will use my best judgment when it comes to the random encounters. Enroute to Codis Nu VI, sometimes an encounter with a Romulan ship occurs, but sometimes not. I request input as to if I should err on the side of more combat, more diplomatic, or to minimize encounters. For now, I will follow what the youtube videos do.

Last edited by davidwford; 04-27-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Commander
# 4
04-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm actually waiting for loads of various items & walls to be released in Foundry so I can do a mission based around the 'Star Trek Elite Force' game, more presisely the pirate base built up of various ships more famously the TOS-era Mirror Constitution class and Klingon Bird of Prey.

I did some research myself on the game your talking about, really looking forward to what your planning.
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Captain
# 5
04-27-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I'm actually waiting for loads of various items & walls to be released in Foundry so I can do a mission based around the 'Star Trek Elite Force' game, more presisely the pirate base built up of various ships more famously the TOS-era Mirror Constitution class and Klingon Bird of Prey.

I did some research myself on the game your talking about, really looking forward to what your planning.
I look forward to your Elite Force mission. I just finished collecting the information for the first mission, rescuing Dr. T'Laris. Below is what I am planning. It is hidden so as to not spoil the surprises.

The player will travel to the Orith System in the Psi Velorum Sector block. This will be the gateway point for starting the mission. On entering the system, the player will scan the star. After getting a readout, Dr. T'Laris will send out her distress call. The player will change maps to Codis Nu VI. On entry, the player will fight a Romulan Warbird (a random encounter I decided to add to make this mission more interesting). The player then proceeds to the planet. Beaming down, the player will fight 5 Romulan groups. They may also fight some Remans who are near the edge of the map. The player then speaks with the good Doctor. After beaming up, the ship has their first encounter with Commander Sarond. The Romulan then withdraws peacefully. This will end this first mission.

I am disappointed that the youtube video skipped over the delivery of medical supplies to Oriens Alpha IV. The missing text from that conversation is what is holding up making the second mission string.

On a side note, I think Future's Past and Echoes from the past are the same game but the differences are caused by the differences in hardware operating systems of Nintendo and Genesis. What do you guys think?