Lieutenant
# 1 Keybinding / issue
04-27-2013, 06:06 PM
I am trying to put Beam overload III + Fire Beam on "F" button.

Now, I've done it manually and using the STO keybinds software. If always fires first and THEN uses the Beam overload skill.
This is what I did:

F "+TrayExecByTray 5 0$$+TrayExecByTray 5 1$$+TrayExecByTray 5 0"

First comes the BO III and then Dual Beam Array. But when I use the "F" key specified here it first fires Dual Beam Array and Then BOIII. I've read it goes from lower number sockets to bigger so on 0 I have BOIII. But I tried to reverse it as well, still nothing. I just cant bind it to a button so that it won't fire untill BOIII is triggered..
Career Officer
# 2
04-28-2013, 06:05 AM
When you keybind a series of commands to a keypress, the 'last' command is usually activated first. Unless the last command was invalid (i.e. shoot, but there's no target), then it defaults to the next command and so on. So you'd want to avoid chaining commands in situations like this. Especially considering the built-in delay (which can cause you to activate BO, but then you press the key too early and it tries to shoot but it won't since the built-in delay hasn't completed... so the next key press = BO again, not shoot).

For the most reliable results, just bind F to BO, THEN press 'SPACE' or whatever keybind you're using to fire all energy weapons/etc. This will work if that DBB is your only beam weapon.
Captain
# 3
04-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dam999 View Post
I am trying to put Beam overload III + Fire Beam on "F" button.

Now, I've done it manually and using the STO keybinds software. If always fires first and THEN uses the Beam overload skill.
This is what I did:

F "+TrayExecByTray 5 0$$+TrayExecByTray 5 1$$+TrayExecByTray 5 0"

First comes the BO III and then Dual Beam Array. But when I use the "F" key specified here it first fires Dual Beam Array and Then BOIII. I've read it goes from lower number sockets to bigger so on 0 I have BOIII. But I tried to reverse it as well, still nothing. I just cant bind it to a button so that it won't fire untill BOIII is triggered..
These are my observations from testing execution order in a keybind.

1. If you have not activated an ability ~1 second ago, then pressing a button will activate at most two abilities simultaneously. In this case, the execution order is left to right. The two activated abilities cannot share a cooldown.

2. If you have activated an ability ~1 second ago, then pressing a button will activate one ability. In this case, the execution order is right to left.

What you are most likely seeing is case 1 above: "+TrayExecByTray 5 0" and "+TrayExecByTray 5 1" execute simultaneously, so the DBB fires without BO applying to it.

Last edited by frtoaster; 04-28-2013 at 09:39 AM.