Empire Veteran
# 161
04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Extinction?!?!
<looks at crew>
Breed faster! The future heroes of the Empire are not going to just pop from thin air!
lmfao.....
"We are the United Federation of Planets and we come in peace....unless you have something we want, or refuse to join us, then you have no choice."
Better dead then Fed!
Captain
# 162
04-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Extinction?!?!
<looks at crew>
Breed faster! The future heroes of the Empire are not going to just pop from thin air!
You better call dibs on the Orion ladies. . .
Empire Veteran
# 163
04-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
You better call dibs on the Orion ladies. . .
No need. I put them in a state of permanent dib years ago. :-P
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Ensign
# 164
04-26-2013, 07:29 PM
why would i delete my kling , i mean i have a carrier on her xD
Empire Veteran
# 165
04-26-2013, 08:20 PM
I am proud to be a Warrior of the Empire. Rolled KDF about a year ago and I've never looked back!
Survivor of Romulus
# 166
04-28-2013, 09:42 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I'm going to choose Fed Rommie, simply because lore-wise it makes more sense, but I doubt most people would consider that.
Empire Veteran
# 167
04-28-2013, 03:12 PM
well anyway.

So with the new information on how the STO Romulan faction works, well. I'll be curious to see which direction the core RR players go as opposed to Star Fleet or KDF "playing" RR.

I'm definatly KDF and I will create a RR allied with KDF, but the hard core Romulan players out there may have a few surprises in store for the Star Fleet players mind set. I am not concerned about "defections" out of the current player bases.

The players that go Romulan with characters for association in both factions will eventually choose one over the other. At Tier-5 play Romulan players are in Romulan ships though and that changes everything about any assumptions.

If its all about "winning" (I hope its not, but thats another matter) then even though there may be less well developed fleets KDF side, the make up of KDF ship, and the shared tactics uses allow a lot more synergy between specificly Klingon and Romulan ships. They're going to compliment each other strongly.

Be nice to each other in game. Extinction? (puts on John Belushi mask) Naaaaaaaaa!
Not even a thinning out. If anything, more long term growth possibilities will be opening for the KDF faction in addition to those engendered by the KDF reboot thats going to finally happen. With a full level 0 tutorial, and the restructuring of the mission progression with what I am suspecting is a KDF remastering of some missions. (which had to be in some cases remastered for "allied" Romulan players who of course would have a different take on Federation activities..*ehm!* or Empire) Success for all factions in missions results in the time line advancing (*sigh* we'll get to 2410 eventually!)

Interesting. Oh yea totally! You could right a paper on just the observed group dynamic.
Of course... it'll be when the Romulans are sitting down the road a few years going "Hi, Romulan Republic here. Kindly get your fleets out of our space. Now would be good."

I have realized that it could be a whole prophets thing over at Cryptic. Maybe ya know.

Ya'll do realize its been like this for all titles since the beginning of MMO's...

Oh, my gin has arrived!

(Kui heads off to tiddle!)
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
# 168
04-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Gin. Faster then Blood Wine.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Empire Veteran
# 169
04-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Gin. Faster then Blood Wine.
How are you taking it?
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 170
04-28-2013, 09:33 PM
The doomsday attitude of "END OF THE WORLD BECAUSE THE FEDS GET SOMETHING THAT WAS KDF EXCLUSIVE" and "OMG FEDS GET SOMETHING THE KDF DOESN'T HAVE, FACTION WILL IMPLODE IN 30 MINUTES" has done far more to disincline me from wanting to have anything to do with the faction than a lack of gear ever will. As-is I hardly log in my one KDF character. This is in that exact same boat.
Closed Thread