Captain
# 11
04-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Your chances to get one out of a lockbox are very small. If you want a lockbox ship, save up EC and buy it directly.
These words... ARE TRUTH!
Captain
# 12
04-28-2013, 04:55 AM
Here is my build and console layout for My AC-Refit would like some help on maxiuming its dps and tank,

Consoles= 6x spiral wave disruptors, Wide angle Q-torpedo, borg Mrk 12 Q-torpedo, Sometimes full borg set or 2x borg with maco mrk 11 shield. Have tried omega set and omega shield with 2x borg set. RCS mrk12, mrk12 neutronium armour, borg universal asslimlated console, plasma distribution manafield console, emitter array, field generator or power insulators, disruptor induction coil 3x or 2x disruptor induction coil with quantum chamber or 2x quantum chamber with disruptor induction coil.

Boff layout = lieutenant Uni - hazard emitter and science team, LTC Tac - FAW, APBeta, Ensign Tac - Tactical Team, Commander engineering - eng team, emergency power to shields, RSPolarity, EWP, LT - Emergency power to weapons and directed energy modulation.

So here is my build for my AC refit, how can I maximise its DPS and tanking so I can compete with ships in PVP. Any help would be great, Thanks

Last edited by raj011; 04-28-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Captain
# 13
04-29-2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
Here is my build and console layout for My AC-Refit would like some help on maxiuming its dps and tank,

Consoles= 6x spiral wave disruptors, Wide angle Q-torpedo, borg Mrk 12 Q-torpedo, Sometimes full borg set or 2x borg with maco mrk 11 shield. Have tried omega set and omega shield with 2x borg set. RCS mrk12, mrk12 neutronium armour, borg universal asslimlated console, plasma distribution manafield console, emitter array, field generator or power insulators, disruptor induction coil 3x or 2x disruptor induction coil with quantum chamber or 2x quantum chamber with disruptor induction coil.

Boff layout = lieutenant Uni - hazard emitter and science team, LTC Tac - FAW, APBeta, Ensign Tac - Tactical Team, Commander engineering - eng team, emergency power to shields, RSPolarity, EWP, LT - Emergency power to weapons and directed energy modulation.

So here is my build for my AC refit, how can I maximise its DPS and tanking so I can compete with ships in PVP. Any help would be great, Thanks
So no one here can offer me some ideas or what they think?
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
So no one here can offer me some ideas or what they think?
I like the idea of using the spiral wave disruptors. Only downside is the costs!

This is my build http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...tradesregent_0 .

Current doffs:
1x purple Technician, 2x blue Technician, 1x blue Warp Core Engineer, 1x Energy Weapons Officer (beam variant)

Wanted doffs:
2x purple Technician, 1x purple Warp Core Engineer, 1x Marion Frances Dulmur, 1x purple Hazard System Officer (Brace for Impact) or 1x Quartermaster if you do PvP

I've recently updated to the Fleet Assault cruiser which gave me another tac console which I filled with another disruptor booster.
Aux2bat is awesome for PvE where you don't really have to worry about aux power when you are not using it.
In PvP it works great as long as they don't figure out that you are running an a2b build. If they do figure it out you can always get a bat doff and use aux batteries to fix the problem.
Captain
# 15
04-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepid74656 View Post
I like the idea of using the spiral wave disruptors. Only downside is the costs!

This is my build http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...tradesregent_0 .

Current doffs:
1x purple Technician, 2x blue Technician, 1x blue Warp Core Engineer, 1x Energy Weapons Officer (beam variant)

Wanted doffs:
2x purple Technician, 1x purple Warp Core Engineer, 1x Marion Frances Dulmur, 1x purple Hazard System Officer (Brace for Impact) or 1x Quartermaster if you do PvP

I've recently updated to the Fleet Assault cruiser which gave me another tac console which I filled with another disruptor booster.
Aux2bat is awesome for PvE where you don't really have to worry about aux power when you are not using it.
In PvP it works great as long as they don't figure out that you are running an a2b build. If they do figure it out you can always get a bat doff and use aux batteries to fix the problem.
Having two Aux B will the cool down time happen at the same time? Also does anyone know if you do more damage if you use the original weapons console layout? What I mean is the 4x beams and 4x torpedoes layout? Will this also reduce the amount of power being used for the beams?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-30-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Having two Aux B will the cool down time happen at the same time? Also does anyone know if you do more damage if you use the original weapons console layout? What I mean is the 4x beams and 4x torpedoes layout? Will this also reduce the amount of power being used for the beams?
The cooldown doesn't happen at the same time. They do reduce each others cooldown.
And I found the 4x beams and 4x torps less effective. The widespread quantum torps and the kinetic beam are more then sufficient to destroy hull.
If you worry about weapons power being drained by 6 beams, you shouldn't. With 2x aux2bat I have almost 100+ power on the rest of the systems. And when the warp core doff proc triggers and I do fire BFAW3 it's barely noticeable in drain.
Republic Veteran
# 17
04-30-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0dann View Post
If I want to off tank but keep as much DPS as possible, which ship would be second best?
No one yet recommended the Fleet Excelsior? Only Tier 3 shipyard. Stats are nearly identical, differences are:

+ 1 more turn rate
+ Transwarp
+ Much easier to obtain
- Tac ensign switched to engi ensign

The boff change will leave less room in the tac department, probably meaning loss of an attack pattern.
# 18
04-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Seconding fleet excel before you get fleet assault, the latter being one of the best pve ships in the game.
Ensign
# 19
04-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
No one yet recommended the Fleet Excelsior? Only Tier 3 shipyard. Stats are nearly identical, differences are:

+ 1 more turn rate
+ Transwarp
+ Much easier to obtain
- Tac ensign switched to engi ensign

The boff change will leave less room in the tac department, probably meaning loss of an attack pattern.
Thank you, will check it out.